• The KillerFrogs

Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band's Alamo Bowl Dog and Pony Show

Tom Brown

I don't think it was offensive. It was just dumb. With that said I kind of wish TCU had a less traditional band. Something like The Mob or what Stanford does (minus the political humor and agenda). Our band uniforms are tired. Same goes for UT. Those things are awful.

I know some band alumni are about to blast me.

Ohio U is a non HBCU that gets down.

SuperBarrFrog

I don't think it was offensive. It was just dumb. With that said I kind of wish TCU had a less traditional band. Something like The Mob or what Stanford does (minus the political humor and agenda). Our band uniforms are tired. Same goes for UT. Those things are awful.

I know some band alumni are about to blast me.
Not to mention their band was probably 1/3 the size of ours and still about twice as loud throughout the game. They are dancing around in the stands while ours was staring at their phones.

Hughes Your Daddy

Who is the ultimate dork:

The career band nerd OR

The grown men/women that whine about said nerd's performance on an internet forum?

I like their style, and I like that they don't take themselves too seriously. If you're this easily triggered, you should have just tuned out the halftime band performances like 90% of the rest of us usually do.

Dogfrog

I enjoy good smart, clever satire. But last night was just childish insults. This was just lame and surprised me how low their standards are.

Pharm Frog

Rice's "The Mob" has come up with good halftimes.

Now this is true. They have also come up with some lame ones as well. My favorite "performance" was when the band decided not to attend the game against UH in the Dome but their "announcer" still did the PA stuff as if they were there. That must have been in the late '70's or early '80's,

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Who is the ultimate dork:

The career band nerd OR

The grown men/women that whine about said nerd's performance on an internet forum?

I like their style, and I like that they don't take themselves too seriously. If you're this easily triggered, you should have just tuned out the halftime band performances like 90% of the rest of us usually do.

6AAE3F19-D44E-45CF-B32B-7A21E66DFBD4.gif

dawg

More often than not, the longest times I've had to wait for any fast food were consistently always at Whataburger. It's annoying.

Yeah, but it's worth it. I frequent two Whataburgers (one near work and the other near the casa) that seem to have their [ Finebaum ] together. Finding the ones near you that do makes all the difference.

Rice's "The Mob" has come up with good halftimes.

Before my time, but I would have enjoyed witnessing the MOB making fun of aggy and aggy losing its mind about it.

During a 1973 game against Texas A&M, Rice’s marching band made fun of several Aggie traditions. The band marched out to the field in a military-style goose-step and turned the Aggie War Hymn into "March of the Wooden Soldiers.” The band also made fun of Texas A&M’s school mascot, the dog Reveille, by forming a fire hydrant. An angry group of Texas A&M students gathered outside Rice’s stadium, and the band eventually had to be transported out via food service trucks. The performance has since been dubbed “The Halftime of Infamy.”

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/09/19/five-other-times-rices-marching-band-made-people-m/

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I don't understand how so many TCU fans just didn't get it. The things they were saying were "alternative facts" AKA things that are not true. They weren't even trying to be insulting! Our fans are the worst sometimes.
I don't understand how so many TCU fans just didn't get it. The things they were saying were "alternative facts" AKA things that are not true. They weren't even trying to be insulting! Our fans are the worst sometimes.

I’m not sure you get. My take is that is was a not so subtle jab at Texans voting for Trump while righteous California went left as usual.
If you have paid attention to Stanford’s band antics, you should know they don’t do backhanded compliments and have,in fact, been banned from places for intentional rudeness. They don’t do polite, they do righteous indignation aimed at those they believe to be inferior.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Yeah...no. They used the fake news angle as cover.