• The KillerFrogs

Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band's Alamo Bowl Dog and Pony Show

SparkleFrog

You have sixty minutes per game to watch men in tight pants run around. Indulge us the few moments during pre-game and intermissions for boobs and hair tosses.

Ok. I hear ya. But the guys who are running around in tight pants aren’t chosen for their looks, per se. I mean, some ladies might be into Big Uglies and bellies and what not, but...yeah...no thanks. Not for this girl.

Double V

Thought it was kind of meh. The boos made it seem like those in attendance were offended. If they were, shame on them. If they were booing because the jokes were bad, then fine.

FinanceFrog

If that performance is what passes for humorous then I agree. But if a young Asian liberal finds that show humorous (or even mediocre satire) then humor is indeed dead. Not even decent Stern-like shock value.

i need pics before i pass judgement on a young asian liberal (assuming female and over 18).

Frogenstein

old white conservatives have lost any sense of humor. maybe they never had it to begin with.
Cuts both ways: last time I checked old white conservatives didn’t invent ‘safe places’ or triggering. It isn’t old white conservatives keeping comedians from performing on college campuses. I do agree that the Stanford band half time show shouldn’t have offended anyone.

Last edited:

Spike

Cuts both ways: last time I checked old white conservatives didn’t event ‘safe places’ or triggering. It isn’t old white conservatives keeping comedians from performing in college campuses.

I'm too busy trying to run a business to be triggered. My "safe" places are my church, my gym, and my office, not to mention at home w my dog.

It was not funny until the fans started booing. Then the "non-denominational Christmas shrubbery" made me laugh. The music was bad, though. I give the performance:
4 Stars for effort
0 Stars for musical talent
5 Stars for audience participation

Overall 3 Star rating.