• The KillerFrogs

Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band's Alamo Bowl Dog and Pony Show

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Typically I'm a YUGE fan of satire, griefing, sarcasm, and/or absurdist humor - even if it's directed at things I like love: Texas state pride, Queso, Whataburger, Homecoming mums.

But to me, last night's halftime was just noise & failed attempts to be clever.

To echo what a poster said in a different thread, it wasn't creative, the music sucked, and it wasn't funny at all.

I get that their shtick is to troll crowds as much as possible but a junior high band could come up with a more witty skit.

Getting booed as they leave the field:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Idk. That wasn’t very offensive, and the line about the lone star being totally fulfilled living the single life was funny.
I don't think it was offensive. It was just dumb. With that said I kind of wish TCU had a less traditional band. Something like The Mob or what Stanford does (minus the political humor and agenda). Our band uniforms are tired. Same goes for UT. Those things are awful.

I know some band alumni are about to blast me.

MTfrog5

It would be different it some schools enjoyed it. Everyone boos them. USC literally marches in straight lines up and down the field playing basic music. They are t allowed to play at Oregon I don’t think anymore. It’s not funny, it’s just stupid and the fact they think it’s funny shows the kind of people at that snowflake school

Pharm Frog

These are the same children who go running to their safe spaces when they see the letters MAGA or triggered at the site of a wall or break out their crayons when exposed to an Eat More Chickin’ commercial. They are to be pitied. And no better poster to start this thread than a WhiteHispanic Frog IMO

MinFrog

These are the same children who go running to their safe spaces when they see the letters MAGA or triggered at the site of a wall or break out their crayons when exposed to an Eat More Chickin’ commercial. They are to be pitied. And no better poster to start this thread than a WhiteHispanic Frog IMO
upload_2017-12-29_11-44-34.jpeg