• The KillerFrogs

Kansas vs TCU game thread

Tom Brown

Kansas outplayed us. They out shot us and out defended. We will get the next one. We started slow, came back and got behind again. We are an NCAA tourney team, we are in the top half of the conference. We will upset some teams and get upset.

The best part of losing 2/3 is we have quickly found out the true colors of the fans in the board. Ignore is your friend.

PO Frog

Dumb.

There's a reason stats are kept and poured over by coaches. They tell the story of the game, the trends, and where you need to improve.

If Isaiah Graham or Eric Porter drops 50% of the balls thrown to them, they are benched as dropping balls is really bad for your offense.
If your QB throws INT's on 40% of his passes, you may need a new QB because interceptions are really bad.
If your point guard shoots 15% on his three point attempts on the year against the bad opponents, then you should shut him down as he is simply a poor shooter. 15% is really bad.

Stats and math don't lie. If you don't understand math and sports, then you're a bit naïve or extremely disingenuous.
I think he’s saying you can’t substitute in a different player’s shooting percentage for every shot you didn’t like and call it a day. Riggs is too nice to say it but I’m not — that’s idiotic. That doesn’t work in sports. Maybe the defense is different. Maybe the reason Vlad is 50% from the floor is because some of the spacing created by arob being behind the line. It’s not straight line math so stop substituting points for every shot taken. It’s childlike.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Can never be too safe or too prepared.
I was about the only passenger on a flight once, and paid rapt attention to her spiel. Started laughing toward the end, and she asked what was so funny. I told her that I agreed with Ron White, if people are too dumb to fasten their seat belts, they deserve to die in the crash. She got a pretty solid laugh out of it as well.

TCURiggs

I was about the only passenger on a flight once, and paid rapt attention to her spiel. Started laughing toward the end, and she asked what was so funny. I told her that I agreed with Ron White, if people are too dumb to fasten their seat belts, they deserve to die in the crash. She got a pretty solid laugh out of it as well.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
To be honest I don't generally like small talk with strangers so my headphones are on while prior to boarding and don't leave my head until I'm off the plane. I haven't heard the worthless safety drivel in years.

I also get a kick out being asked if I'm willing and able to operate the emergency exit. I want to be like "I'm not only willing I'm going to be the first one out that darner."

Pharm Frog

I get it but I have seen a passenger removed for making similar fun of the exit row safety spiel. Flight attendant claimed he was being belligerent and harassing and they took him off even though several people (including me) were trying to tell them that he was just trying to make a joke. Something like if he would be asked to open the door for people to go out and the wing and see the movie "Gone with the Wind". Kinda meh on the humor level but nowhere approaching belligerent or harassing IMO.

Tom Brown

To be honest I don't generally like small talk with strangers so my headphones are on while prior to boarding and don't leave my head until I'm off the plane. I haven't heard the worthless safety drivel in years.

I also get a kick out being asked if I'm willing and able to operate the emergency exit. I want to be like "I'm not only willing I'm going to be the first one out that darner."

I rock the noise cancelling over the ear jobs, so nobody ever tries to talk to me.

I would rather gouge out my eyes than watch that stupid American airlines safety video thst they shot all in one take.

Froggy Style

Of course stats are important and mean something, but I think you're way too hung up on the whole "simple" thing. In the middle of an intense game players aren't breaking down statistics and percentages in their heads. Robinson isn't a good 3-point shooter, but I still expect him to take a few wide open looks from time to time, like he did last night. He's not the guy we'll draw up a 3-point play for, but he's still going to take a few.
I just see it differently.

Hamdy shoots 80% FTs to Robinson’s 60%.

However, Hamdy has the good sense to be a 0 for 0 3 point shooter because that’s not his game
When attempting to piece together an argument it helps if you know our players’ names or use stats that could actually happen. INTs on 40% of his passes???
I'm done beating the dead horse, but wasn't trying to quote real figures on football, just pointing out that coaches look at simple math every day in most sports to determine if there may be a trend that may need to be reviewed. I know, not rocket science, but simply refuting that math "doesn't work in sports." Batting averages and strike out ratios come to mind. If a guy hit's lefties at a .150 rate, he doesn't face lefties.

Again, I love the team and think they are actually very good, I've just watched this trend for ten conference games in a row and felt the need to express my opinion. I'm done now. I'm sure CJD will either deal with the anomaly or I'm just wrong and life goes on. Either way, the horse is dead to me.

Realtorfrog

It’s so apparent from all of the threads that our fan base doesn’t understand basketball (or are rusty from our 20 year “break”). I hate the “they shot lights out...they wouldn’t do that again” excuse every time we lose. Sometimes they shoot lights out because we let them with our terrible d/game plan...we lost, plain and simple. We will lose a lot more this year with our perimeter defense.
You’re right..... I’ve only played for 30 some odd years and coached for 11...... I’m a rookie.