• The KillerFrogs

Kansas vs TCU game thread

Pharm Frog

We are doing a good job of adjusting and battling back, but when you spot the other team a double digit lead it makes life to hard. OU scored the first 11 and KU was up 22-8.

Okay. I understand (although I don't really think we do a particularly good job of adjusting when other teams switch defense and stuff).

BleedNPurple

I think we need to play a sweet 16 team from the previous season in our non conference schedule to get our team adjusted for what’s coming in the B12. Baylor looked like they were playoff ready - drawing fouls and flopping. Be good to play a preconference game against a Duke, Kentucky, UCLA or somebody on that level so we’re more prepared for conference speed.

Where has our inside game gone? We finally started using it in the second half with success. Alex R hasn’t looked like he did last year - he needs to take it to the hole. He had 3 open runs to the hoop in the first half tonight and turned and dished it off when he should have completed the play / he finished with 2 points tonight - we need his production.

The B12 has a second gear this team didn’t see in Australia nor pre conference. Need to step it up.

ThisIsOurTime

Help me out here. What are you seeing? Not debating. My eyesight just isn't as acute apparently.

1. Getting back on defense to prevent as many breakaway baskets as in the OU game. Although maybe some of this is based on how Kansas plays.
2. Robinson did a better job handling the ball and made a large number of quality passes to the big men. He did so well in fact it showed some room for improvement with our big men.
3. Improved free throw shooting %.
4. Team worked to get our big two (Williams and Brodziansky) the basketball with 5 minutes to go rather than just the last 2 minutes. When it got down to it, they didn't make enough plays with the looks they got otherwise we probably win tonight.

Christcu

The fact we are disappointed is a great deal. We are 1-2 in the best conference (with the worst refs) and have been out scored a total of 3 or something like that is crazy compared to where we were two years ago. But I am not a moral
Victory fan. The Frogs need to decide to play defense and do the little things to win these close games.
Well...if course.

TCUownstheBig12

We are actually a great team and were last year as well. Vlad is a monster and shoots 50-60% and yet we allow a PG to shoot 15% from three point land, not to mention JD doing the same when he is a power forward. It has become freaking ridiculous, Vlad should be touching the ball so much more and these other two jokers should be banned from taking threes.

We are not a “great” team. Not sure there is a “great” team anywhere this year.

Froggy Style

We are not a “great” team. Not sure there is a “great” team anywhere this year.
I disagree, which is why I'm so frustrated. We are VERY deep. We have two very good point guards, Bane is shooting lights out at the 2 position. The three position is led by KW who most agree is an NBA player. JD Miller is a complete athletic stud at the 4, and we have two good athletic centers, one of which can score 20 at will if he get's the touches. Even in this game, he didn't get enough touches, but scorched them late with a run of points and 100% FT shooting.

That is a very deep team that is top 10-15. If that's not great, then someone's expectations are a bit elevated. We just need to tweak this one thing and we're undefeated.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I disagree, which is why I'm so frustrated. We are VERY deep. We have two very good point guards, Bane is shooting lights out at the 2 position. The three position is led by KW who most agree is an NBA player. JD Miller is a complete athletic stud at the 4, and we have two good athletic centers, one of which can score 20 at will if he get's the touches. Even in this game, he didn't get enough touches, but scorched them late with a run of points and 100% FT shooting.

That is a very deep team that is top 10-15. If that's not great, then someone's expectations are a bit elevated. We just need to tweak this one thing and we're undefeated.

And you actually believe in two years our talent level is on par with a program that has been pulling in some of the best for decades? Come on, Jamie has done wonders in two years, but seriously...

Pharm Frog

Who are these "athletic" centers? Personally, I like the enthusiasm but I think your purple colored glasses are thick.

TCUownstheBig12

I think of a “great” team as one that making the Final Four should be a given (and if they don’t, it’s a massive disappointment)...that is NOT this team.