• The KillerFrogs

Kansas State Game Thread

MTfrog5

Yup this defense when needed to make a big stop failed more times than not this year. It's sucks cause they kept the team in a lot of games too

Frogs1983

Not on just the defense. Special teams gave up big return yardage again.
Offense had mistakes again as well that contributed.( If Pachall isn't intercepted, we would most likely at least gotten 3 points).How many 3rd or 4th and shorts did we get stuffed on again today?
Bad Coaching decisions contributed( 2x2's, etc..) All around team effort I'd say.

Team did play with heart, and it was nice to see the Offense put some points on the board today.
Hopefully will get some fresh Coaching blood on Offense and Special Teams for 2014, some line help on both sides of the ball, and we can get back to winning more than we lose again!

One can hope anyway!

Wog68

Gary needs to do a complete house cleaning: otherwise, his time here will be shortened.  The big hitters are not going to stand for this stuff. 

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Dogfrog said:
You have every right to be a loser.

well, d-bag, I gave them to my daughter, TCU class of 2007, who can only go to one game per year.  That OK with you?

edit.  I also paid her way thru TCU without loans, just as I paid for my own Master's at TCU.  What you got?

rjohns1991

MTfrog5 said:
Yup this defense when needed to make a big stop failed more times than not this year. It's sucks cause they kept the team in a lot of games too
Yup. Pretty much every time we absolutely, positively needed a stop this year, the defense just cratered, but it's hard to point the finger at them too much because they usually spent the first 3 quarters keeping our anemic offense in the game. It's basically a total team failure this year.

Bizarro Frog

Defense have given us a chance to win almost every game despite the offense. Offense finally showed up and special teams cost us. Kick returns and equipment failures. Feel bad for the players because we can beat Baylor the way our Offense is playing now. Not paying attention to details by coaches cost us this one. Very sad but we finally played like we could have all year on offense.

Raw Frog

Gary needs to own up to being accountable for this season.  It was obvious at the bowl game last year that something was terribly wrong with our offense.  The whole off season to work on it.  Big bag of nothin.  He acted more like a Defensive Coordinator than a head coach.   Hate to say it.
I have been a huge fan of Patterson.  Just seems like something is not right.  I got a gut shot feeling every time kids would come off the field and  Patterson would scream his guts out on them.  If it felt like a bucket of cold water in the face to me, one would think it would be a downer for the team chemistry and moral.
He needs to get a great OC, who can develop QBs,  and let him have some space and stay out of the offense.  He is great with the defense, but does not have a feel for the other side of the ball.  Kind of like insurance defense lawyers thinking they can be a good plaintiff lawyer by just doing the opposite thing.  Does not work like that.
He needs to get a great OL coach.  Sorry Eddie, time to go.  Needs to put Luper with the RBs.  LB coach has proven himself this season.  Thanks for that.  Need to get a WR coach from inside or out.  Current arrangement not working.

With just a mediocre offense this year, we could have made a run for the 12 and maybe even beyond.
There is simply no excuse.
I hope Patterson opens up spring practice for the TCU fan base.  It is time that he let us in.  The iron curtain treatment obviously was another fail.
It would build a better relationship, and would also lend itself to having more fun supporting our team.  This constant stiff arm to the fans, and being a dictator that answers to nobody and resents any tough questions from the media is getting old.

SMU had too much misplaced pride to observe what we were doing years ago to march our program further ahead.  They did not emulate the things that were making a difference for us, simply because they thought they were too good to just do the things that TCU was doing.  Cut their noses off to spite their face.  I would hope Patterson would take an objective look at what Baylor and TT is doing and follow suit accordingly to fit within our system.  They are having fun, and their coach does not eat their face off when the players come off the field.  Moral at both places is at the top.

Our kids played hard this season, and our coaches simply let them down.  It was Gary's job to not let that happen.  He was negligent in his duties.
I hope the players don't have their spirits broken and come out ready to get this thing going again next year.  With new blood and schemes with the coaching staff, maybe they can.  

I love TCU and really am pulling for big and positive changes next year.  If there are not big changes, we are in big trouble.  

geefrogs

jonathan-martin-meme.jpg

Dogfrog

PurplFrawg said:

well, d-bag, I gave them to my daughter, TCU class of 2007, who can only go to one game per year.  That OK with you?

edit.  I also paid her way thru TCU without loans, just as I paid for my own Master's at TCU.  What you got?
For review: a guy says all the season tickets will now go on stubhub. Your response is "Ive already given mine away." i paid for my TCU degree as well but what does that have to do with the price of tea in china? What else is on your resume?

frogs9497

Excited to see what the QB situation will be for next year, but really sad that we couldn't achieve the max potential for CP. What might have been...

Volare

Well, the first step is to admit there is a problem. The second is to decide to fix that problem.

For most of this season we've been hearing that there hasn't been a problem, that it's just a play or two that's off. And then we hear that even if there is a problem, you can't do anything about it during the season. So I guess we shall see...

Latest posts