• The KillerFrogs

Joel Klatt's top 5..... SMH

Hard to sort to through what is sarcasm or not, but the reality is the fact that they lost to (and scheduled) Oklahoma does give them an advantage of some sort when being compared with teams like, say, Washington. Especially if Oklahoma keeps winning. If we lose to OSU next year and OSU has a really good year and we end up 12-1, we're 100% guaranteed to make the playoffs too.

Arkansas looking like such a crap team this year isn't doing us any favors, but I still think we're in really, really good shape with 1 more loss and a CCG win. The fact that we have an opportunity for more impressive road wins works in our favor too, which kind of worked against us in 2014.

BTW Total Sarcasm

netty2424

Klatt was on the Ticket last week and expressed that TCU was a "good" team. He made a point of WVU out-gaining us in total yards, which seemed to skew his thought process. He went on to say that he isn't certain that TCU is one of the top teams in the country, and to "pump the brakes" a little bit. But he did concede that we may be the team everyone thinks we are.
Great recap. Exactly what he said and explains his rankings. He just needs a little more convincing. We just need to give it to him.

Purp

Great recap. Exactly what he said and explains his rankings. He just needs a little more convincing. We just need to give it to him.
All that makes sense to me and I agree with it except for how he's already convinced by what he's seen from tOSU.

netty2424

All that makes sense to me and I agree with it except for how he's already convinced by what he's seen from tOSU.
Agree. And I'm not saying I agree with his logic, just heard the segment which explained why his rankings are what they are.

I really like Joel Klatt and kind of feel like he's one of the less agenda driven guys out there and wants to clean up college football, but until he's on board with purple he can EAD IMO.

Moose Stuff

My problem with that is that I'd love to hear him justify why OSU is more deserving than us. I don't know if we're one of the elite teams in the country either but why the hell are they? Because of the name on their jersey and that's it. Give them our schedule and results and give us theirs and there isn't one person in America who would rank us ahead of them. We wouldn't even be in top 15 in th country.

netty2424

My problem with that is that I'd love to hear him justify why OSU is more deserving than us. I don't know if we're one of the elite teams in the country either but why the hell are they? Because of the name on their jersey and that's it. Give them our schedule and results and give us theirs and there isn't one person in America who would rank us ahead of them. We wouldn't even be in top 15 in th country.
I agree 100%. Its farged.

I don't remember him giving specifics other than what was said, but one think I have heard him say on The Ticket, which might have been the same interview was Baker Mayfield is the best QB in the country. He's an ex-QB so I'd imagine that's as big of a factor as any. He values/weighs the QB position as much as anything. And I can't say I disagree.

Again, just speculating on that.

EDIT: holy no filter!!

Last edited:
The only way I know for sure that TCU makes the playoff is to go undefeated. That is very hard to do and I’ve seen nothing to say for certain that we will do that. Not saying we can’t but I don’t think the odds are with us.

I am rooting for chaos and plenty of losses to the teams that are in contention for the playoff. OSU, PSU, UGA, USC and Wisky could all lose a game or more which would be good. Mich and ND will lose multiple games but if they don’t will get consideration. I would like a two loss to make the playoff because that would mean a one loss Big 12 champion TCU would be in.

cdsfrog

I just don't get having tOSU and OU adjacent to one another in a poll and not putting OU in front.

Ou lost to Iowa State. Almost to Baylor and UT. Imo they have looked like a scheissing joke since.

And I hate tOSU with a passion. Ou hasn't looked like a top 15 team. Let alone top 10

Purp

Ou lost to Iowa State. Almost to Baylor and UT. Imo they have looked like a [ farging ] joke since.

And I hate tOSU with a passion. Ou hasn't looked like a top 15 team. Let alone top 10
And tOSU has only played a single team worth a damn and they got beat convincingly at home by that OU team you aptly pointed out looks pretty average this year. If they're right next to each other in a ranking and both have a single loss it just seems to go without saying that the team that won head to head (especially when that win was on the road and not really close) should be ahead. I don't care what the rest of OU's season has looked like b/c they don't have any other common opponents to compare against.

I'm pretty sure tOSU would not have looked as dominant since their loss to OU if they'd played OU's schedule. Maybe they'd have looked better than OU has against those subsequent opponents, but who's to say OU wouldn't have curb stomped tOSU's recent opponents also?

cdsfrog

Maybe but almost losing to Baylor combined with actually losing to ISU should be outside top 15

Tcu loses ISU and we are like 18th. Fall like 14 spots.