• The KillerFrogs

Joel Klatt's top 5..... SMH

cdsfrog

You may not subscribe to it but it's a near fact.

ACC has way better odds. Clemson undefeated from now is in no matter what. Same goes for Miami.

ND winning out could grab spot over 1loss TCU.

Committee would never pick tcu over tOSU because of pressure. Lol delusional

The syndicate that controls the College Football Playoff will inevitably extend a generous degree of latitude

and preferential treatment to those 'chosen few' like Ohio State.

ThisIsOurTime

On the bright side, every time one of these hacks does these polls the result is little ole TCU gets mentioned some more. Which certainly can't hurt with recruiting. I imagine it also provides a little extra motivation to the team as well.

hindry

i refer u back to jackie sherill interview on
the Ranch where and whence he opined that players read their press and it goes to their heads

tcu....@ 47 (if your reading kenny)

It's b/c of points talking heads were making like Klatt did here that I made the point in another thread that WVU outgaining us is fairly inconsequential to me. Our starting field position was great against WVU and they started damn near every drive on their own 5 b/c Nunez spins punts like Mickelson spins wedges. They simply had more yards to gain than we did on each possession and it bore itself out in the final total yards stats.
We are playing GP ball. When you have a good defense, you win the field position battle, and you don't need as many yards to score points. When you look at our PPG total versus our YPG total, it's pretty evident. We are 12th in points, but 27th in yards. That's the product of a good offense AND good defense. Most of these clowns don't look at those things.

We are playing GP ball. When you have a good defense, you win the field position battle, and you don't need as many yards to score points. When you look at our PPG total versus our YPG total, it's pretty evident. We are 12th in points, but 27th in yards. That's the product of a good offense AND good defense. Most of these clowns don't look at those things.

Besides scoreboard is what counts. I remember (yes, I'm old) all the losses to ARK back in the day, when we would often out gain them and still lose. Always give me scoreboard; tha5ts all that counts. Having said that, we really need to stick it to KU. Another crapfest with them and we will drop.

The problem is these guys never apply this standard to the Big State Us only schools like TCU with smaller fan bases. You could make his same argument towards Georgia (a perennial choker team), PSU, and about several of those teams that lost this weekend that were previously thought highly of before losing. I really feel if TCU were a Big State U, we would not be seeing this stuff. Whether knowingly or unknowingly many of them always end up pandering to the Big State Us. Got to keep all those midwest eyeballs glued to the coverage.

ESPN TV set influence perhaps? Start early to prevent debacle of past.

Wexahu

Yes, but they have that quality loss which means they are really undefeated. Good stuff for the bulletin board though.

Hard to sort to through what is sarcasm or not, but the reality is the fact that they lost to (and scheduled) Oklahoma does give them an advantage of some sort when being compared with teams like, say, Washington. Especially if Oklahoma keeps winning. If we lose to OSU next year and OSU has a really good year and we end up 12-1, we're 100% guaranteed to make the playoffs too.

Arkansas looking like such a crap team this year isn't doing us any favors, but I still think we're in really, really good shape with 1 more loss and a CCG win. The fact that we have an opportunity for more impressive road wins works in our favor too, which kind of worked against us in 2014.

Mean Purple

Ohio State is not even a top 10. They have no quality wins. The last two quality team's they have played have kicked the briles out of them.

The one response to Klatt about the suckeyes Thinking the whole year should be based on one game is spot on.

Mean Purple

Hard to sort to through what is sarcasm or not, but the reality is the fact that they lost to (and scheduled) Oklahoma does give them an advantage of some sort when being compared with teams like, say, Washington. Especially if Oklahoma keeps winning. If we lose to OSU next year and OSU has a really good year and we end up 12-1, we're 100% guaranteed to make the playoffs too.

Arkansas looking like such a crap team this year isn't doing us any favors, but I still think we're in really, really good shape with 1 more loss and a CCG win. The fact that we have an opportunity for more impressive road wins works in our favor too, which kind of worked against us in 2014.
Quality loss more important than quality wins.... NOT

Not if ND keeps winning and goes 11-1, beating SC and NC State. That's just life as it is. We lose 1 and were out. A Georgia/Alabama rematch would probably knock us out also, unless there is a blowout in their championship game (assuming that is how the season plays out).