• The KillerFrogs

Joel Klatt's top 5..... SMH

DelFrog

As for Ohio St, it's tough to find one good win in this group, but damn easy to find one bad loss...

Indiana
Oklahoma
Army
UNLV
Rutgers
Maryland
Nebraska

cdsfrog

I'm not annoyed that anyone could have OSU in front of us, I'm annoyed that Klatt does. Unlike him.

Yep very disappointed in him.

Even PSU is questionable to be ahead but it's no matter. They have back to back hard games. With both and they solidify their ranking.

Bias is so damn frustrating. Rankings like that defy logic and reasonable analysis. Good to see Gallo and palm not snorting coke today.

Frogs1983

Like Joel Klatt but he's drinking the Big 10 Kool Aid I guess. Michigan is average at best IMO after watching them the past 2 weeks lose to Michigan State and win in OT yesterday against Indiana. Wisconsin, who have they played? Nebraska and BYU are pretty bad teams this year. Ohio State, one quality team so far and they lost at home.
Penn State is the class of this league IMO and it will be played out by season end. OSU will have more than 1 loss when it's all said and done.

Purp

Mid-October top 5's aren't really worth arguing about, but in response to Klatt, I mean....who has Ohio State beaten?

Don't all their P5 opponents have like 3 or 4 losses...except for the team they lost to?
I just checked. Army only has 2 losses. The non-tOSU non-win is to the juggernaut at Tulane.

ThisIsOurTime

Klatt was on the Ticket last week and expressed that TCU was a "good" team. He made a point of WVU out-gaining us in total yards, which seemed to skew his thought process. He went on to say that he isn't certain that TCU is one of the top teams in the country, and to "pump the brakes" a little bit. But he did concede that we may be the team everyone thinks we are.

The problem is these guys never apply this standard to the Big State Us only schools like TCU with smaller fan bases. You could make his same argument towards Georgia (a perennial choker team), PSU, and about several of those teams that lost this weekend that were previously thought highly of before losing. I really feel if TCU were a Big State U, we would not be seeing this stuff. Whether knowingly or unknowingly many of them always end up pandering to the Big State Us. Got to keep all those midwest eyeballs glued to the coverage.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
They lost to the eventual winner of the division of the big 10 who then won the big 10 CC only to get more humiliated than pretty much anyone ever has in the playoffs versus Bama.

If Ohio States loses 1 no matter who it is to, no matter how bad they get their ass kicked, they are guaranteed in the playoffs if they win the Big 10. Only can be said for Big 10 and Sec. Makes sense considering they represent 80% of the committee.
I was solely pointing out the fact that OSU can lose one game and NOT make the playoffs. It has happened. Saying they get a mulligan no matter what is incorrect. And a team with one loss that wins any conference will get in unless there are 5+ one loss or better teams. Then someone has to be left out.

The Big 10 and SEC represent the most eyeballs so the argument for their inclusion will be made unless it is near impossible to do so. For example - if OU wins the Big 12 and OSU wins the Big 10 and both have one loss it would be almost impossible to put OSU in over OU this year because of the head to head.

Wexahu

Oh no doubt. And almost in 2015. People like Wexahu act like I'm crazy for assuming TCU with a CC doesn't get in with 1 loss. I will put it further. I give us a 10% chance in that scenario.

Clemson in if they go undefeated for rest of season. Sec winner in. big 10 winner in. Leaves 1 spot for a lot of people. Only way we have a great shot is undefeated in which case we are probably a #2 seed.

10% is ridiculous, we have a significantly better chance than that. The Pac 10 already has no undefeated teams and there are 6 weeks left in the season. The ACC only has one left and it's probably not their best team. There would have to be a lot of crazy stuff happen for a 1-loss conference champion to not make the playoffs. I think the odds are better than 50/50 that a conference champion or two ends up with two losses this year, and if that happens any 1-loss champion is virtually guaranteed.

As for OSU, it's simple, if they win out they are in. If they lose another game, they are out. Their roadmap to the playoffs is very clear.

cdsfrog

I was solely pointing out the fact that OSU can lose one game and NOT make the playoffs. It has happened. Saying they get a mulligan no matter what is incorrect. And a team with one loss that wins any conference will get in unless there are 5+ one loss or better teams. Then someone has to be left out.

The Big 10 and SEC represent the most eyeballs so the argument for their inclusion will be made unless it is near impossible to do so. For example - if OU wins the Big 12 and OSU wins the Big 10 and both have one loss it would be almost impossible to put OSU in over OU this year because of the head to head.
But if we lost to OU in that situation tOSU gets in over us I bet

cdsfrog

10% is ridiculous, we have a significantly better chance than that. The Pac 10 already has no undefeated teams and there are 6 weeks left in the season. The ACC only has one left and it's probably not their best team. There would have to be a lot of crazy stuff happen for a 1-loss conference champion to not make the playoffs. I think the odds are better than 50/50 that a conference champion or two ends up with two losses this year, and if that happens any 1-loss champion is virtually guaranteed.

As for OSU, it's simple, if they win out they are in. If they lose another game, they are out. Their roadmap to the playoffs is very clear.

Call it what you want. Big 10 and SEC are guaranteed one in. Clemson if undefeated rest of way in is guaranteed in. Leaves 1 spot.

No way you can comfortably say any loss gives us a good chance in. If 20% makes you happier fine. But for tOSU it's 100% with 1 loss and for us way way lower.

Wexahu

And I'd even argue that if the final spot did in fact come down to a 1-loss OSU team vs a 1-loss Big 12 team (which I don't think will happen) there'd be some pressure on the committee to go against OSU, just because of the perception that they've already got the benefit of the doubt a time or two, and they crapped the bed last year in the semis.

I do think OSU will beat PSU this year. The game is in Columbus.

Wexahu

Call it what you want. Big 10 and SEC are guaranteed one in. Clemson if undefeated rest of way in is guaranteed in. Leaves 1 spot.

Right. And I think the Big 12 will get it. Why would you say there's a 10% chance of that happening? So you think the odds of the Pac 12 having a 1-loss champion AND getting picked over a 1-loss Big 12 champion is 10%?

By the way I don't subscribe to the theory that the Big 10 and SEC are always guaranteed a spot, but based on how this year is playing out and the remainder of the schedules, that's a reasonable assumption. The odds are really long that those conferences aren't represented. The Pac 12 and ACC have no better odds than the Big 12 at this point though IMO.

frognutz

Klatt has historically liked the Frogs. I think he still does, but wants to let things develop a little more.

Agreed. I think there is only 1 team that you can be "sure" that looks like a top 4 team.

Klatt has been more than fair to the Frogs over the years and would be way down the list on folks I would call biased against TCU. Too many big games left to be played.

Have heard a lot of talk about OSU still being the best team in the big 12 despite losing to TCU.