• The KillerFrogs

Joel Klatt's top 5..... SMH

Purp

Also, Ohio states sked is very back loaded.

They will lose another, no worries.
Or two.

That conference is trash. Michigan and Sparty are bad teams. Wisconsin may be decent, but they won't have to play anyone with a pulse until the conference championship game, and that's not even a guarantee then. PSU and tOSU will be entertaining, but I'm not sure either of those teams deserves to be in the CFP. The only thing I am sure of is that Saquon Barkley is a stud.

Last edited:

frogs9497

Klatt was on the Ticket last week and expressed that TCU was a "good" team. He made a point of WVU out-gaining us in total yards, which seemed to skew his thought process. He went on to say that he isn't certain that TCU is one of the top teams in the country, and to "pump the brakes" a little bit. But he did concede that we may be the team everyone thinks we are.

frognutz

Klatt was on the Ticket last week and expressed that TCU was a "good" team. He made a point of WVU out-gaining us in total yards, which seemed to skew his thought process. He went on to say that he isn't certain that TCU is one of the top teams in the country, and to "pump the brakes" a little bit. But he did concede that we may be the team everyone thinks we are.

Can't really disagree with any of that.

Purp

It's b/c of points talking heads were making like Klatt did here that I made the point in another thread that WVU outgaining us is fairly inconsequential to me. Our starting field position was great against WVU and they started damn near every drive on their own 5 b/c Nunez spins punts like Mickelson spins wedges. They simply had more yards to gain than we did on each possession and it bore itself out in the final total yards stats.

FBallFan123

Mid-October top 5's aren't really worth arguing about, but in response to Klatt, I mean....who has Ohio State beaten?

Don't all their P5 opponents have like 3 or 4 losses...except for the team they lost to?

cdsfrog

They lost one game in 2015 and didn't make the playoffs.

They lost to the eventual winner of the division of the big 10 who then won the big 10 CC only to get more humiliated than pretty much anyone ever has in the playoffs versus Bama.

If Ohio States loses 1 no matter who it is to, no matter how bad they get their ass kicked, they are guaranteed in the playoffs if they win the Big 10. Only can be said for Big 10 and Sec. Makes sense considering they represent 80% of the committee.

cdsfrog

True. Good point on 2015. We can only hope that if tOSU wins out this year, it's not at the expense of a spot for the Frogs in the CFP like 2014.

If they win out it will be unless we stay undefeated. Guarantee it because it means they win Big 10. What Klatt does is justify that it's ok to put tOSU ahead of TCU with a horrendous resume. It's bad when they have a ton of wins, right now it's literally impossible to defend.

Dogfrog

They lost to the eventual winner of the division of the big 10 who then won the big 10 CC only to get more humiliated than pretty much anyone ever has in the playoffs versus Bama.

If Ohio States loses 1 no matter who it is to, no matter how bad they get their ass kicked, they are guaranteed in the playoffs if they win the Big 10. Only can be said for Big 10 and Sec. Makes sense considering they represent 80% of the committee.

They were in last year without winning the B10.

cdsfrog

They were in last year without winning the B10.

Oh no doubt. And almost in 2015. People like Wexahu act like I'm crazy for assuming TCU with a CC doesn't get in with 1 loss. I will put it further. I give us a 10% chance in that scenario.

Clemson in if they go undefeated for rest of season. Sec winner in. big 10 winner in. Leaves 1 spot for a lot of people. Only way we have a great shot is undefeated in which case we are probably a #2 seed.