• The KillerFrogs

James Harrison needs to be suspended forever.

geefrogs

James Harrison has done this several times against my Browns.

I'm sure I am being a little biased, but when this keeps occurring with the same player I am hesitant to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Im sure if Harrison were wearing Browns colors and did this to Big Ben, Id be whistling a different tune.
biggrin.gif

michaelperrytcu

I agree a little with both sides. I don't think a player being defenseless should have anything to do with it. If he is on the field, he is fair game to be hit. That being said, I don't think helmet to helmet hits should have any part of the game. The rules "ruining" the game is a very dramatic statement. I think its very easy to brush of brain injuries when you don't understand what's actually going on with them. It's serious stuff.

Did form tackling right through someone go out of style or something? I'd say that's real football. Little corners and safeties can't lay anyone out with a form tackle, but they can do it by going for the head. Now, that's cheapening the game.

Houston Frog

You ladies ought to find another "sport" to watch :rolleyes: might I suggest Flag Football. There you don't have to worry about any mean old nasty defensive players putting a decent hit on anyone :rolleyes:

Harrison is just doing his job and he's getting penalized and fined for it. I hate the pansie [Craig James] NFL :rolleyes:

115188380-25090949.jpg

I don't know, flag football is a lot more dangerous than you think..... I accidentally ran over a girl pretty good last night in my flag football game. You can only apologize so much, and I felt like a real [Gary Danielson] afterwards.

Also, I sprained my thumb on the pass rusher's hand, and got some sort of deep thigh bruise while diving to pull the ball carrier's flag.

I can barely walk today, feel like just ran an ultra-marathon or something

Houston Frog

I'm at work, so can't watch videos, but based on what I remember from last night, didn't Harrison's helmet hit Colt's facemask? It's not like he ear-holed him, don't see how that could lead to a head injury.

Didn't seem that bad to me

HFrog1999

I don't know, flag football is a lot more dangerous than you think..... I accidentally ran over a girl pretty good last night in my flag football game. You can only apologize so much, and I felt like a real [Gary Danielson] afterwards.

Also, I sprained my thumb on the pass rusher's hand, and got some sort of deep thigh bruise while diving to pull the ball carrier's flag.

I can barely walk today, feel like just ran an ultra-marathon or something

I could never get into it. I hate pass coverage. Too much running.

I'd die now if I tried to play.

Exhausted-Guy-In-The-Office.jpg

Houston Frog

I could never get into it. I hate pass coverage. Too much running.

I'd die now if I tried to play.

The key on defense is to run a zone. It's impossible to man up in those leagues.... you tire yourself out and you leave yourself susceptible to the deep ball.

I love when the other team tries to man up on us. I just have my two best WRs run double moves on either side of me all day

RufeBruton

you're taught to lead with the forehead or temple, and that's exactly what he did..

i just get frustrated when people see a big hit and start screaming foul.. ITS FOOTBALL PEOPLE! it's attitude's like this that are ruining the game

Being 'taught' doesn't make the practice right. I was 'taught' by my parents (in the 50's/60's) that cigarettes were harmless. Problem is that they both died of cigarette related illnesses.

The rules today say that this practice is illegal. It is what it is.

Time to unlearn what you are taught.

BTW, I was also taught that swimming was good for you. But after about three miles per day for about six years, by lower back is toast. Six thousand miles of anything isn't good for you.

tcudoc

BTW, I was also taught that swimming was good for you. But after about three miles per day for about six years, by lower back is toast. Six thousand miles of anything isn't good for you.

Why would you have to swim that far. Did they drop you off in the middle of the Pacific? That is crazy. I'm just glad you made it back safe. Six years is a long time to swim and tread water.

Kaiser

The rules today say that this practice is illegal. It is what it is.

Time to unlearn what you are taught.

The problem is that you can't unlearn physics. Players are taught to hit with the forehead & "see what you hit" because it's preferable to the crown of the head & the neck
Injuries that causes.

The physics is that your head comes down when you lower your body. Try this simple exercise; stand upright. Now try to lower yourself/squat without leaning forward. These guys are supposed to aim lower, but do so without bringing the head down. It's pretty much impossible.

Most of these illegal hits have less to do with guys launching, spearing, & targeting the head & more to do with simple physics & the limits of body control while operating at full speed.

geefrogs

This guy is the Tom Emanski of football
biggrin.gif

But seriously. Harrison isnt trying to wrap up, isnt leading with his shoulder, he is going for the knock-out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZnRwBsOb5c

RufeBruton

Why would you have to swim that far. Did they drop you off in the middle of the Pacific? That is crazy. I'm just glad you made it back safe. Six years is a long time to swim and tread water.

Got a chuckle from that. Actually my total is way higher than that. I started swimming competitively in '57 and retired from water polo in '80. The total might be more like 10K to 12K miles.

Of course, when you swam in the old pool at TCU (by Clark.....in my avatar), all swimming felt longer. The pool was only 20 yards long and was the reason that I retired from competitive swimming.

michaelperrytcu

The problem is that you can't unlearn physics. Players are taught to hit with the forehead & "see what you hit" because it's preferable to the crown of the head & the neck
Injuries that causes.

The physics is that your head comes down when you lower your body. Try this simple exercise; stand upright. Now try to lower yourself/squat without leaning forward. These guys are supposed to aim lower, but do so without bringing the head down. It's pretty much impossible.

Most of these illegal hits have less to do with guys launching, spearing, & targeting the head & more to do with simple physics & the limits of body control while operating at full speed.
That's a bit of a stretch.

steelfrog

Tier 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDvi5vGsY90

I hate the Steelers. James Harrison can go to hell.

thats all.
What a dumb sht you are. Let's see, if it was so bad, SUCH AN OBVIOUSLY BAD, DIRTY PLAY why are the CINCINNATI PLAYERS SOCIALIZING WITH HARRISON IMMEDIATELY AFTERWARDS! WHY WASN'T A FLAG THROWN!? I GUESS YOU KNOW MORE THAN THE ENTIRE CINCY TEAM AND COACHING STAFF AND OFFICIATING CREW?!

What a dumb cluck you are. The QB pulls the ball down and decides to be a runner, especially to that side of the field--where everyone on the field knows Harrison is lurking--and you get what you get, you stupid MerFer.

What this reaction really is about is you don't like the black man. James has been the victim of racism since he came into the league because he doesn't kiss the right hineys and he plays the game the way it's supposed to be played. You don't like it, deal with it. YOU are a dirty FAN. Racist MoFo.