• The KillerFrogs

James Harrison needs to be suspended forever.

jake102

Definitely needs to be a suspension. Absolutely no reason to hit him in the helmet, and it wasn't close to instantaneous, not even close to a textbook tackle either.

Definitely needs to be a suspension. Absolutely no reason to hit him in the helmet, and it wasn't close to instantaneous, not even close to a textbook tackle either.

in slow mo it doesn't look instantaneous, but it's a fast game.... and i'm pretty sure james harrison doesn't have to use textbook form to tackle 210 pound colt mccoy

jake102

in slow mo it doesn't look instantaneous, but it's a fast game.... and i'm pretty sure james harrison doesn't have to use textbook form to tackle 210 pound colt mccoy

Which is exactly why it's a bad hit. He could have pushed him with one arm and tackled him. No need to head butt him at full speed.

RufeBruton

The guy just doesn't get it, does he? They keep telling him not to lead with his head/helmet. Can't seem to understand it when they spell it out to him. Mr Harrison, take a seat please.

Limp Lizard

Definitely a foul. But you see worse every week. How about the facemask beheading attempt by the Boise player against Pachall? If that had happened in the pros he would have been suspended 3 games, at least.

Which is exactly why it's a bad hit. He could have pushed him with one arm and tackled him. No need to head butt him at full speed.

you're taught to lead with the forehead or temple, and that's exactly what he did..

i just get frustrated when people see a big hit and start screaming foul.. ITS FOOTBALL PEOPLE! it's attitude's like this that are ruining the game

HFrog1999

You ladies ought to find another "sport" to watch :rolleyes: might I suggest Flag Football. There you don't have to worry about any mean old nasty defensive players putting a decent hit on anyone :rolleyes:

Harrison is just doing his job and he's getting penalized and fined for it. I hate the pansie [Craig James] NFL :rolleyes:

115188380-25090949.jpg

geefrogs

yes.

because bruising of the brain.

tearing of blood vessels.

and permanent nerve damange because some jackass decides to lead with his helmet.

thats all part of football.

you guys are ridiculous and need to do some reading on concussion injuries.

Kaiser

Mendehall took a worse helmet to helmet shot at the goal line. Luckily, the NFL doesn't care about a RB's "safety".

I don't blame Harrison for not changing his ways. The rule is so convoluted & inconsistent. You get flagged & fined for clean hits; you get flagged & fined for dirty hits; so you might as well just hit the mofo.

Somewhat off-topic, and pure speculation, but if we're all going to point to Barry Bonds' huge head as a sign of HGH use, why do we ignore James Harrison's?

yes.

because bruising of the brain.

tearing of blood vessels.

and permanent nerve damange because some jackass decides to lead with his helmet.

thats all part of football.

you guys are ridiculous and need to do some reading on concussion injuries.

I got a concussion in high school and I turned out just fine... that's part of playing the game.. play at your own risk sheesh

geefrogs

so most of those hits are clean.

what does that have to do with Harrison hitting McCoy after he released the ball with the crown of his helmet and not with his pads?

geefrogs

I got a concussion in high school and I turned out just fine... that's part of playing the game.. play at your own risk sheesh

Did you get hit as a defenseless quarterback by a player who has done this repeatedly throughout his career?

Did you get just one concussion or have you had multiple? Because once you get one, the likelihood of getting more increases dramatically and the long-term damages are more likely to occur. Most of the NFLers who get one concussion dont stop there, they will get more and more.

Im all for big hits. But in the right context of the game.

HFrog1999

Mendehall took a worse helmet to helmet shot at the goal line. Luckily, the NFL doesn't care about a RB's "safety".

I don't blame Harrison for not changing his ways. The rule is so convoluted & inconsistent. You get flagged & fined for clean hits; you get flagged & fined for dirty hits; so you might as well just hit the mofo.

If I were an NFL owner, I'd pay the players fines under the table and tell them to hit away. The NFL is ruining Football because all they care about is protecting their precious star players :rolleyes: