• The KillerFrogs

Is Kendal Briles a serious candidate?

froggy

Not only not face conviction, not even prosecuted; and worse, AB himself was PAID $20-25mm of his remaining $40mm on his contract. And, as we saw, was free to go work after that (unlike the situation had he merely been fired and paid his remaining salary, for which there would be a clawback for the amount paid in new job).
Was paid to keep it out of court because Baylor was guilty also

Bruce Berry

A coach who was unaware of 52 acts of sexual violence in 4 years by his charges, and whose FATHER, for Chrissakes, was at the center of everything, can be presumed to have known more than perhaps can be proven. And, KB signed onto a letter with other assistant coaches where in at least the case of one young lady, they said that they were told by that girl's Baylor coach (she was also an athlete at Baylor) that he, her coach, would report it to the non-existent Title IX coordinator. Hmm, so there WAS knowledge after all? What did he do proactively, having that knowledge? What would YOU do?

Keep in mind that they have texts from KB marketing the white Baylor girls to prospective recruits (does this mean there aren't black coeds at Baylor or that they are somehow less desirable? Perhaps good questions for a press conference with KB).

Having suffered in Waco for years, Steel knows that Waco is a Baylor town through and through, from the cops to the judges to the media. There would have been NO reporting of this scandal without ESPN muscling its way in. Any reportage was done by essentially pulling what they could out of reluctant witnesses. The girls were later further victimized by having their actions placed under more of a microscope than the predators, and by having illegal NDAs shoved under their noses to sign. Very, very messy business. And for what? A stupid F'ing game - but one that brings in a LOT of money for these "non-profit" institutions of "higher learning." Indeed. People who tolerate this have lost their damn minds.

To say that this person who has publicly shown zero accountability has character issues is the understatement of the decade.

I always find people who refer to themselves in the third person as so so scheissed up.

Purple Hearted

NO x forever times 2
This isn't directed at you, more of a general thing....

Well, why not? If we're bringing him in to run the offense and in addition maybe rehabilitate his reputation in Texas then I could see it. It's not like we're dipping our toe in the water with this hire, we've jumped all in (and more if possible) so why not?

I'm sure it's already been said, (I'm only on like page 23) how many of you that are on board with this hire would've ever believed that he could be in a significant position at our beloved University one day? Along the same lines, how many that are on board with this hire were negatively commenting on the Briles-Baylor way a few years back? (I'd guess a vast majority) So again, why not?

TCURiggs

Did you and others vehemently defend art and Kendal back in 2015??? It’s the hypocrisy which is ridiculous.

Haven’t caught all the way up yet, so maybe you have answered this, but where did/do you stand on Kaz and Buckles? Do you just think they were just completely innoncent, and only the Briles boys were at fault for everything in Waco at those times? Serious question.

An-Cap Frog

Seeing the Briles defenders sign up here is interesting.

Dude, those texts and emails made the news due to FOIA requests and an attorney.
Maybe KWTX didn’t cover it in Waco, but the rest of the country got a view.
Yes we did, that isn't the issue. The question is which one are you?

1) TCU can never hire Kendall Briles.
2) TCU can, but not yet.
3) TCU can right now.

There are intricacies to all three...

Mean Purple

Yes we did, that isn't the issue. The question is which one are you?

1) TCU can never hire [ Tapefingers ].
2) TCU can, but not yet.
3) TCU can right now.

There are intricacies to all three...
I’m not for him. Not my call. Would rather they never hire the guy unless he shows some remorse.

But it won’t stop me from cheering on the Frogs. Coaches come and go. He’ll be here to what, 2 years, maybe 3?

Tyson

Seeing the Briles defenders sign up here is interesting.

Dude, those texts and emails made the news due to FOIA requests and an attorney.
Maybe KWTX didn’t cover it in Waco, but the rest of the country got a view.
So you can show all of us Kendal’s text about the white girls? Show it and I’ll go away if not maybe you……..