• The KillerFrogs

Is Kendal Briles a serious candidate?

Mean Purple

This is literally the only *alleged* item attributed to KB in this entire ordeal. Everyone keeps pointing to it as if it’s some smoking gun that implicates KB in all this, which it doesn’t.

GP sold recruits on that aspect of TCU as well, so y’all might as well tear down the statue
what example do you have of Patterson doing that?

steelfrog

Tier 1

A coach who was unaware of 52 acts of sexual violence in 4 years by his charges, and whose FATHER, for Chrissakes, was at the center of everything, can be presumed to have known more than perhaps can be proven. And, KB signed onto a letter with other assistant coaches where in at least the case of one young lady, they said that they were told by that girl's Baylor coach (she was also an athlete at Baylor) that he, her coach, would report it to the non-existent Title IX coordinator. Hmm, so there WAS knowledge after all? What did he do proactively, having that knowledge? What would YOU do?

Keep in mind that they have texts from KB marketing the white Baylor girls to prospective recruits (does this mean there aren't black coeds at Baylor or that they are somehow less desirable? Perhaps good questions for a press conference with KB).

Having suffered in Waco for years, Steel knows that Waco is a Baylor town through and through, from the cops to the judges to the media. There would have been NO reporting of this scandal without ESPN muscling its way in. Any reportage was done by essentially pulling what they could out of reluctant witnesses. The girls were later further victimized by having their actions placed under more of a microscope than the predators, and by having illegal NDAs shoved under their noses to sign. Very, very messy business. And for what? A stupid game - but one that brings in a LOT of money for these "non-profit" institutions of "higher learning." Indeed. People who tolerate this have lost their damn minds.

To say that this person who has publicly shown zero accountability has character issues is the understatement of the decade.

Rifframbahzoo20

A coach who was unaware of 52 acts of sexual violence in 4 years by his charges, and whose FATHER, for Chrissakes, was at the center of everything, can be presumed to have known more than perhaps can be proven. And, KB signed onto a letter with other assistant coaches where in at least the case of one young lady, they said that they were told by that girl's Baylor coach (she was also an athlete at Baylor) that he, her coach, would report it to the non-existent Title IX coordinator. Hmm, so there WAS knowledge after all? What did he do proactively, having that knowledge? What would YOU do?

Keep in mind that they have texts from KB marketing the white Baylor girls to prospective recruits (does this mean there aren't black coeds at Baylor or that they are somehow less desirable? Perhaps good questions for a press conference with KB).

Having suffered in Waco for years, Steel knows that Waco is a Baylor town through and through, from the cops to the judges to the media. There would have been NO reporting of this scandal without ESPN muscling its way in. Any reportage was done by essentially pulling what they could out of reluctant witnesses. The girls were later further victimized by having their actions placed under more of a microscope than the predators, and by having illegal NDAs shoved under their noses to sign. Very, very messy business. And for what? A stupid F'ing game - but one that brings in a LOT of money for these "non-profit" institutions of "higher learning." Indeed. People who tolerate this have lost their damn minds.

To say that this person who has publicly shown zero accountability has character issues is the understatement of the decade.
Post of the week for sure!

TAINTed frog

I didn’t even know that Kendal Briles was the OC at Arkansas until the 2021 season when they played Texas. A full year after he’d been hired. I’m sure others were aware when he got hired but the general CFB probably had no clue he was still coaching.

Whether as a fan base we should care about his hiring that’s obviously been discussed ad nauseam.

Regardless of where you land on this decision, the general followers of CFB don’t care and this is not the end all be all of a public relations nightmare some of you believe it will be.

Chongo94

Can we all stop speculating that Kendal knew about any wrongdoing? Because there’s nothing in these lawsuits to suggest that. Why would he need to “hold himself accountable” or “prove he’s changed” if he had no knowledge of any wrongdoing?

Seriously y’all are just repeating the same speculation without any basis in fact. Show me the supposed testimony, emails, or texts that implicate Kendal in any of this
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Chongo94

I'm not in the give up my Fandom crowd but this [ Finebaum ] is still embarrassing and hard to defend as a TCU fan.
Pretty much where I am I guess. I don’t think he’s that great as an OC but I also just don’t understand how there isn’t someone out there just as average that has far less baggage.

But looks like it’s gonna happen sadly, so just gotta hope he only lasts one season.

froginmn

Pretty much where I am I guess. I don’t think he’s that great as an OC but I also just don’t understand how there isn’t someone out there just as average that has far less baggage.

But looks like it’s gonna happen sadly, so just gotta hope he only lasts one season.
If there is really no stigma with hiring him, he will be snapped up soon as a head coach.

OTOH, that hasn't happened in the last couple of years, so we'll see.

steelfrog

Tier 1
KB has had to weather this type of media S storm everywhere he's gone or tried to go (Houston, FSU, Arkie, now TCU). If YOU were an innocent person being accused of abetting/covering up the most heinous of crimes, would you (a) say nothing publicly and let your name be smeared or (b) make yourself available for media questioning or at a minimum, issue some sort of statement? KB remaining silent for all of this time is an admission of something, if nothing else than that he would rather suffer his good name to be dragged through the mud publicly than answer questions about it. Which seems pretty odd if he's innocent of all wrongdoing...

Eight

KB has had to weather this type of media S storm everywhere he's gone or tried to go (Houston, FSU, Arkie, now TCU). If YOU were an innocent person being accused of abetting/covering up the most heinous of crimes, would you (a) say nothing publicly and let your name be smeared or (b) make yourself available for media questioning or at a minimum, issue some sort of statement? KB remaining silent for all of this time is an admission of something, if nothing else than that he would rather suffer his good name to be dragged through the mud publicly than answer questions about it. Which seems pretty odd if he's innocent of all wrongdoing...

do you really think if kendall had done what you said his name really would be cleared? that all would truly be forgotten?

know a guy who played w art at uh, says art was one of the toughest, meanest sob's he ever was around on and off the field. apparently art was raised to be that way and i suspect art raised kendall that way

raised him to not give a [ Finebaum ] what anyone outside thought of you, said about you, and to do so was weakness and that will get you beat

not justifying what art did nor what kendall did or did not do or what he has or has not said. merely that he hasn't said anything because it doesn't matter to him and screw those it bothers

Tyson

Having suffered in Waco for years, Steel knows that Waco is a Baylor town through and through, from the cops to the judges to the media. There would have been NO reporting of this scandal without ESPN muscling its way in. Any reportage was done by essentially pulling what they could out of reluctant witnesses. The girls were later further victimized by having their actions placed under more of a microscope than the predators, and by having illegal NDAs shoved under their noses to sign. Very, very messy business. And for what? A stupid F'ing game - but one that brings in a LOT of money for these "non-profit" institutions of "higher learning." Indeed. People who tolerate this have lost their damn minds.

There are no texts
Period
None

FrogCop19

Aside from assuming something and being rude to @Rifframbazoo20 that I shouldn't have (here's my apology for that. I was out of bounds and shouldn't have made those comments. If I ever meet you I'll buy you a beer of your choice. Or winecooler, or whatever...), I've stayed quiet about this. Here's my current stance, in case anyone was wondering.

1. No I didn't want to hire him, but I'm just a former bandsman down in San Antonio so what do I know?
2. Do I trust Tapefingers? Not yet I don't.
3. Do I trust CSD? Yes I do.
4. Am I first, foremost, and always a Frog? Yes I am.
5. Is Tapefingers going to change that? No he will not.

TL;DR - He's the new OC. I don't like it, but it's not my call.

One thing that won't change even if he takes us to the NC next year, though...
He still has a punchable face.

Rifframbahzoo20

Aside from assuming something and being rude to @Rifframbazoo20 that I shouldn't have (here's my apology for that. I was out of bounds and shouldn't have made those comments. If I ever meet you I'll buy you a beer of your choice. Or winecooler, or whatever...), I've stayed quiet about this. Here's my current stance, in case anyone was wondering.

1. No I didn't want to hire him, but I'm just a former bandsman down in San Antonio so what do I know?
2. Do I trust Tapefingers? Not yet I don't.
3. Do I trust CSD? Yes I do.
4. Am I first, foremost, and always a Frog? Yes I am.
5. Is Tapefingers going to change that? No he will not.

TL;DR - He's the new OC. I don't like it, but it's not my call.

One thing that won't change even if he takes us to the NC next year, though...
He still has a punchable face.
I live in San Antonio too ironically enough, definitely down to grab a beer sometime. I’ll buy you one for apologizing, cause that takes balls, and you are a good man!