• The KillerFrogs

Is Kendal Briles a serious candidate?

Rifframbahzoo20

We have gone from “there is no way this could be happening you are a bad troll” to “ok maybe they are discussing it but tcu wouldn’t really consider it” to “ok maybe they are considering it but the boosters would never allow it” to “ok maybe the boosters allowed it but it still won’t happen” and now it’s “Kendal briles didn’t know about the football team raping dozens of girls, only his father knew, and it doesn’t matter that he wore #CAB to show his support.” I wonder what it will be next….

I hated Baylor in the Art years more than any other team I've hated, but even I thought the whole thing was pretty overblown (although I do think Art is a scumbag). Once people went on the attack, there was no letting up, no matter what the actual facts were. I'm not sure how many people were actually convicted and found guilty of the things they were accused of, but I know it wasn't many. As I said before, it would be a completely different narrative if Baylor was going 4-8 and 5-7 at the time. And I'll freely admit that one of the main reasons I hated them so much at the time is that they got pretty good, and Baylor was one of those teams that wasn't supposed to be good.
Adding to Wexahu’s thought here, @jackets320 posted this earlier today and it may be worth reading to help get past this hire and the Briles’ hate. But you have to be open minded.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

We have gone from “there is no way this could be happening you are a bad troll” to “ok maybe they are discussing it but tcu wouldn’t really consider it” to “ok maybe they are considering it but the boosters would never allow it” to “ok maybe the boosters allowed it but it still won’t happen” and now it’s “Kendal briles didn’t know about the football team raping dozens of girls, only his father knew, and it doesn’t matter that he wore #CAB to show his support.” I wonder what it will be next….
For the record: I don't want him here based on the "you like white women..." comments alone. That's just a pure indicator of what a person is like , if you ask me. If he knew about what was going on, he should not be coaching anywhere. I also think he is not that great of an OC that folks claim. But that latter point really seems moot in the view of what is really important.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Believe it or not this isn’t about you. And who is we? What an incredible straw man argument. Different posters may have made posts like the ones you describe but the implication is the entire board moved over this spectrum.

Rifframbahzoo20

For the record: I don't want him here based on the "you like white women..." comments alone. That's just a pure indicator of what a person is like , if you ask me. If he knew about what was going on, he should not be coaching anywhere. I also think he is not that great of an OC that folks claim. But that latter point really seems mute in the view of what is really important.
I agree completely.

Rifframbahzoo20

if there was a baylor football player that knew about his friends raping college girls and didn’t say anything and then he wanted to transfer here would y’all want him??

tcufootballjh98

"you like white women?"

This is literally the only *alleged* item attributed to KB in this entire ordeal. Everyone keeps pointing to it as if it’s some smoking gun that implicates KB in all this, which it doesn’t.

GP sold recruits on that aspect of TCU as well, so y’all might as well tear down the statue

Frogfam4

I am sure I don't know everything that my wife and daughter talk about. So not knowing can happen.

What is an example of circumstantial evidence?
For instance, a suspect in a crime was seen by a witness fleeing the scene on foot after a convenience store robbery. Circumstantial evidence does not directly prove that a defendant committed a crime. The “running away” from a crime scene is circumstantial evidence that they committed the robbery.

Mean Purple

This is literally the only *alleged* item attributed to KB in this entire ordeal. Everyone keeps pointing to it as if it’s some smoking gun that implicates KB in all this, which it doesn’t.

GP sold recruits on that aspect of TCU as well, so y’all might as well tear down the statue
Well, he had a recruiting violation too.