• The KillerFrogs

I don't know why

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
All we need is 3 between KU, KSU, Baylor, wvu and okie lite

1.) We beat KU. Even though they generally play us tight, we win. Losing to KU is inconceivable! (/Wallace Shawn)

2.) K State. I dunno.

3.) Rape U. I dunno.

4.) WVU. They will annihilate us.

5.) OK St. I dunno.

By my lights, that's 1 win, 1 loss, and 3 Unknown. Nothing has been demonstrated that gives confidence in a strong performance in games down the line. We don't seem to have any motivation. The team played listlessly for the better part of 3 quarters, with the exception of the 2nd quarter. No zip, no spring, no nothing. I hardly see that improving, even with a change at QB.

Start the Mule!

tcudoc

You can't go much by what GP says in the minutes after a loss. He hurts as much as anyone.
giphy.gif

LVH

1.) We beat KU. Even though they generally play us tight, we win. Losing to KU is inconceivable! (/Wallace Shawn)

2.) K State. I dunno.

3.) Rape U. I dunno.

4.) WVU. They will annihilate us.

5.) OK St. I dunno.

By my lights, that's 1 win, 1 loss, and 3 Unknown. Nothing has been demonstrated that gives confidence in a strong performance in games down the line. We don't seem to have any motivation. The team played listlessly for the better part of 3 quarters, with the exception of the 2nd quarter. No zip, no spring, no nothing. I hardly see that improving, even with a change at QB.

Start the Mule!

One thing we have avoided this year is the bad loss. We might be 3-4 but all 3 of our losses are to teams in the Top 30 of Sagarin - worst loss is Texas Tech who is ranked #26 in that metric. Then #3 Oklahoma, #5 Ohio State, and #17 Texas.

Until we actually have a bad loss, I will assume we will be able to handle teams like Kansas(#98 in Sagarin), Kansas State(#58), Baylor(#59) which would give us bowl eligiblity.

notyalc

I would be interested in seeing if SR coming off the bench might improve some. I get the feeling Shawn is overwhelmed with the responsibility he has and just blanks out.

Collins definitely looks more comfortable in the role and I think might improve rather quickly given more playing time.

Both are struggling with an offense that's flat out in disarray.

Eight

I would be interested in seeing if SR coming off the bench might improve some. I get the feeling Shawn is overwhelmed with the responsibility he has and just blanks out.

Collins definitely looks more comfortable in the role and I think might improve rather quickly given more playing time.

Both are struggling with an offense that's flat out in disarray.

shawn looks like a shell of the quarterback who started against ohio state. whatever the reason(s) he looks to be seeing ghosts.

collins showed more confidence against ou, but missed some throws. the question for him is as you suggest do those things get ironed out with if he is given the starters snaps during the week.

the biggest question for me about collins is actually how will he respond when defenses turn their focus on attacking him because the tcu run game does not pose a consistent threat against any defense.

netty2424

One thing we have avoided this year is the bad loss. We might be 3-4 but all 3 of our losses are to teams in the Top 30 of Sagarin - worst loss is Texas Tech who is ranked #26 in that metric. Then #3 Oklahoma, #5 Ohio State, and #17 Texas.

Until we actually have a bad loss, I will assume we will be able to handle teams like Kansas(#98 in Sagarin), Kansas State(#58), Baylor(#59) which would give us bowl eligiblity.
How do you not think that was a bad loss? Sure OU is a top 10 team, but they beat the ship out of us. That means we aren’t a very good football team, certainly not a competitive team with the better programs out there right now.

The one aspect of the game we have going for is our defense, and they put up 52.

That was a bad loss imo.

NewFrogFan

I don't know who they're going to start next week but anyone who thought there was any chance that GP was going to name a starter at QB for next week's game at this week's post game press conference doesn't follow much football. I don't think any head coach at any level would ever announce something like that to the media before meeting with his coaches and talking to the players involved first.

Furthermore, this particular HC gets a kick out of trying to leave other teams unsure of who his QB will be whenever possible. So the likelihood that he'll publicly announce anything before Friday or Saturday is really really low.

He will name Saturdays starter, next Sunday.........

NewFrogFan

shawn looks like a shell of the quarterback who started against ohio state. whatever the reason(s) he looks to be seeing ghosts.

collins showed more confidence against ou, but missed some throws. the question for him is as you suggest do those things get ironed out with if he is given the starters snaps during the week.

the biggest question for me about collins is actually how will he respond when defenses turn their focus on attacking him because the tcu run game does not pose a consistent threat against any defense.

I think Robinson at RB would do well next to Collins at Qb........

Eight

I think Robinson at RB would do well next to Collins at Qb........

i don't think you do that with robinson if you think he can be the longterm answer at quarterback and there is the matter of the left shoulder which he apparently has had since high school.

i am not sure if shawn has ever been through a stretch like this in his playing career and pretty sure he has never been benched.

how he responds to these challenges say a great deal and i think moving him to another position stunts any growth. this is not the same situation as in 2013 when boykin moved because he was one of the best athletes on the offense.

NewFrogFan

i don't think you do that with robinson if you think he can be the longterm answer at quarterback and there is the matter of the left shoulder which he apparently has had since high school.

i am not sure if shawn has ever been through a stretch like this in his playing career and pretty sure he has never been benched.

how he responds to these challenges say a great deal and i think moving him to another position stunts any growth. this is not the same situation as in 2013 when boykin moved because he was one of the best athletes on the offense.

I dont think SR is even the short term answer at Qb. If the recruits behind SR are any good, and Collins hand heals, I’m not sure you will see him at that position again.

FrogLifeYo

let's face it, guys. We are 1-6 with OU. That alone ought to tell us something. They have a stronger program, get better recruits, etc. yes, we can and should do better, but we are not in their class and may never will be.

Sure they out recruit us...Yes they have more
Resources than us....Yes they are wealthier due to being a state school....The most tragic of all is now they are out coaching and developing us....That used to be where we made up the gap..When programs start continually out coaching us and do a better job of developing talent than us then we heading straight back to TCU of the 70s...The fall is hard if you can’t do one of the phases better than everyone else.

LVH

Sure they out recruit us...Yes they have more
Resources than us....Yes they are wealthier due to being a state school....The most tragic of all is now they are out coaching and developing us....That used to be where we made up the gap..When programs start continually out coaching us and do a better job of developing talent than us then we heading straight back to TCU of the 70s...The fall is hard if you can’t do one of the phases better than everyone else.

Lincoln has been outcoached many times since he started his job. He's been out coached by Texas each time, Iowa State last year, Georgia last year, Kansas State last year, and Army this year.

If our offense was worth a [ Finebaum ], perhaps we wouldn't be talking about how Lincoln is outcoaching us. Yes his offense is owning our defense, but we've not been able to do anything against the offensively the last 3 tries despite bad teams like 1-11 Baylor last year having no trouble at all or the Kansas State team who scored 6 on us last year moving the ball at will on them as well.

maddogDemocrat

Collins put up 30 points in a little over a half. Should have made the FG.

He came in with the game already out of hand in an obvious passing situation.

He did throw an interception, but he was tackled hard numerous times and did not fumble. And he ran the ball better than I expected.

What would our record be if he played the last half of the tOSU game?
Or at least the second half of freaking TT.

Latest posts