• The KillerFrogs

I don't know why

Uncle_Frog

Gary said he didn’t know why but we simply score more with Collins. He wasn’t going to create a QB controversy.

I took that as Collins is the starter and he was ending any controversy. Did anyone else think the same?

netty2424

I won't go to another home game, if Collins doesn't start against KU. If they bench him and he hasn't turned the ball over 15 times I will be pissed. Frankly, he earned the start today.
Not showing up doesn’t do anything. Be a fan. Support the program. Let coaches coach and you can go back to selling burners Monday through Friday. Had enough of your QB bashing to be honest.

4th. down

Gary said he didn’t know why but we simply score more with Collins. He wasn’t going to create a QB controversy.

I took that as Collins is the starter and he was ending any controversy. Did anyone else think the same?

I think it's 50/50 going forward. Sonny thinks Shawn is our future and we pay Sonny big bucks to be a co oc.

Eight

Ha! You think we are getting to 6-7 wins??? Laughable

this team can get to 6-7 wins with the remaining schedule. there is only 1 team on the schedule who is playing to get into the big 12 play-off.

everyone else is playing for bowl eligibility, playing for pride, and developing young guys for next year.

this will be as much about the attitude and leadership on this team as much as anything else. some seniors are playing the last football of their lives, some for draft slots, and young guys are playing to make a mark and lay a claim at time and a position next year.

CountryFrog

I don't know who they're going to start next week but anyone who thought there was any chance that GP was going to name a starter at QB for next week's game at this week's post game press conference doesn't follow much football. I don't think any head coach at any level would ever announce something like that to the media before meeting with his coaches and talking to the players involved first.

Furthermore, this particular HC gets a kick out of trying to leave other teams unsure of who his QB will be whenever possible. So the likelihood that he'll publicly announce anything before Friday or Saturday is really really low.

LisaLT

I don't know who they're going to start next week but anyone who thought there was any chance that GP was going to name a starter at QB for next week's game at this week's post game press conference doesn't follow much football. I don't think any head coach at any level would ever announce something like that to the media before meeting with his coaches and talking to the players involved first.

Furthermore, this particular HC gets a kick out of trying to leave other teams unsure of who his QB will be whenever possible. So the likelihood that he'll publicly announce anything before Friday or Saturday is really really low.
Unless Collins hand falls off, how could there be any question on who should be the starter vs. KU? It doesn't seem like too much of a mystery here and I agree that during a post game press conference he isn't going to answer questions about that because he first will have to answer questions like - "why wasn't he given a chance sooner?"