• The KillerFrogs

I don't know why

Limey Frog

I think it's 50/50 going forward. Sonny thinks Shawn is our future and we pay Sonny big bucks to be a co oc.

I'm starting to think we should stop doing that. I've never been a fan of offenses that are built around tempo--they don't fit what we try to do on defense, in addition to a myriad of other problems. If your system only works when you have an all-world pairing at QB and WR that have some kind of telepathic connection to one another, then your system just doesn't work. If you won't recognize that and change it, then you suck. I'd be very happy to suck at Sonny's job for 1/6 of what he makes.

Eight

How would Collins not start?

simplest answer is the injury to the answer is enough to keep him from effectively throw the football

i think so many are viewing this as collins played really well and the postion should he his automatically

the bigger question to me is has robinson reached the point of no return. he looks like he is seeing ghost out there and showed no confidence in his stint today.

i do find it interesting i don't recall reading any comments about the near interception and possible return for td , the interception or the two missed opportunities with reagor, but i will say i have not read any portion of the game thread

Last edited:

kidkarr

simplest answer is the injury to the answer is enough to keep him from effectively throw the football

i think so many are viewing this as collins played really well and the postion should he his automatically

the bigger question to me is has robinson reached the point of no return. he looks like he is seeing ghost out there and showed no confidence in his stint today.

i do find it interesting i don't recall reading any comments about the near interception and possible return for td , the interception or the two missed opportunities with reagor, but i will say i have not read any portion of the game thread
He did miss a few for sure, but as a fan, the thing I noticed most was the energy from the team when he came in. Fans too, but both sides of our team seemed to purk up!
Small sample size, but the game didn’t seem too big for him.

Eight

He did miss a few for sure, but as a fan, the thing I noticed most was the energy from the team when he came in. Fans too, but both sides of our team seemed to purk up!

a few? he was 7 of 17.

look, if they decide that collins is who should start for the frogs next week i am all for it.

i just seem to find it interesting the 180 degree swing associated in the phrase "holy [ Finebaum ]" between the first screen and the second screen

CountryFrog

a few? he was 7 of 17.

look, if they decide that collins is who should start for the frogs next week i am all for it.

i just seem to find it interesting the 180 degree swing associated in the phrase "holy [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]" between the first screen and the second screen
This is the way I saw it too as I was watching the game. Seems that most people are blaming MC's hand injury for the poor second half. I was at the game and had no idea that there was any issue with his hand so I felt like it was an overall underwhelming performance for the offense while he was in there despite the hot start.

I don't know to what degree the hand injury effected Mike. Only he does. It's a reasonable assumption that it had some effect on his throws though. He definitely missed several throws in the second half.

FrogLifeYo

Collins was a noticeable improvement over SR but have we been so beaten down as a fan base that what Collins accomplished today was good QB play?..

This team is flat terrible on all phases and the coaches deserve every ounce of blame for it. The level of offensive incompetence shown by Cumbie and Luper are off the chart. At this point, GP just allowing this non-sense is tarnishing his own career with every game. What we saw today was a bright young mind in Riley taking the old guy for a ride like a practical joke.

LVH

Collins was a noticeable improvement over SR but have we been so beaten down as a fan base that what Collins accomplished today was good QB play?..

This team is flat terrible on all phases and the coaches deserve every ounce of blame for it. The level of offensive incompetence shown by Cumbie and Luper are off the chart. At this point, GP just allowing this non-sense is tarnishing his own career with every game. What we saw today was a bright young mind in Riley taking the old guy for a ride like a practical joke.

Exactly our offense basically went from [ Finebaum ] to a little less [ Finebaum ] after the QB switch

jake102

Basically there was an eight minute stretch which consisted of about five or six good plays. To be fair, that’s a lot more than we’ve seen recently.

But yes, Collins was certainly not good. He was just better than terrible.

Horny4TCU

Not showing up doesn’t do anything. Be a fan. Support the program. Let coaches coach and you can go back to selling burners Monday through Friday. Had enough of your QB bashing to be honest.
Well, not showing up seems to be a pretty TCU thing to do... Or at least show up and never leave the parking lot. I am so tired of walking past so many tailgaters that never set foot into the stands.

And clearly the coaches aren't coaching, with how atrocious a product they are putting on the field. I love Gary, I think he is a great head coach and we are so lucky to have him. However, I think he is loyal to a fault and we have some staff that need to be changed out for fresh ideas and better talent development. Case in point, drafting an outstanding QB that can't seem to make the switch, then giving him too many chances to correct his errors at the cost of the team.

There is no way to know, but if we would have seen Collins last weekend, we don't lose to the worst defense in the Big 12. Tech is ranked lower than Rice on total defense... RICE.

upload_2018-10-20_22-58-52.png

kidkarr

a few? he was 7 of 17.

i just seem to find it interesting the 180 degree swing associated in the phrase "holy [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]" between the first screen and the second screen
I saw the stats but also saw several on the money throws that were flat out dropped. The few I’m referring to were flat out misses. I don’t care either way, I just want another W sooner than later.

froginmn

matt%2Bpurke.jpg

maddogDemocrat

let's face it, guys. We are 1-6 with OU. That alone ought to tell us something. They have a stronger program, get better recruits, etc. yes, we can and should do better, but we are not in their class and may never will be.

Eight

I saw the stats but also saw several on the money throws that were flat out dropped. The few I’m referring to were flat out misses. I don’t care either way, I just want another W sooner than later.

you saw a different game than me i guess. the closest thing i saw as an on the money throw that was flat out dropped was the throw out to the left flat to turpin below the knees.

this was the throw just before collins threw the ball right to the ou defender. now, was the byproduct of the thumb or the fact he made a misread the coverage. i do know robinson has been getting ripped for similar efforts

HG73

Collins put up 30 points in a little over a half. Should have made the FG.

He came in with the game already out of hand in an obvious passing situation.

He did throw an interception, but he was tackled hard numerous times and did not fumble. And he ran the ball better than I expected.

What would our record be if he played the last half of the tOSU game?

Raw Frog

Collins tore his throwing hand up when he went out of bounds and hit the tarp, according to his remarks after the game. My question is what is that thing doing there in the first place to be something that could hurt players coming in contact with it?

Latest posts