• The KillerFrogs

Hurricane

Opintel

Moderators
Pretty much bulldozed and hauled off. Not sure that the foundations are still saved. Look at the Katrina aftermath; there are still areas that have not been addressed.

This is polluted water, and when it recedes leaves usually toxic debris. A truly horrible situation.

f_399

Really a horrible situation.

I read DFW is taking in more people than it did for Katrina.

I had a bad memory of volunteering for one of the Katrina refugee centers. A girl I was serving a hamburger to was pissed at the way I arranged the placement of the lettuce, tomato, meat and ketchup. No joke.

f_399

And whoever posted about the possibility of Harvey coming back to the Gulf and then making landfall again... it's happening.

Bob Sugar

Really a horrible situation.

I read DFW is taking in more people than it did for Katrina.

I had a bad memory of volunteering for one of the Katrina refugee centers. A girl I was serving a hamburger to was pissed at the way I arranged the placement of the lettuce, tomato, meat and ketchup. No joke.
Pro tip for next time: lettuce, tomato, meat and ketchup all go inside the bun.

Ron Swanson

My wife had no medical reason to be at the hospital anymore, so they gave us the soft boot from our room... they told us we could stay if we didn't have anywhere to go, but they said because the streets were starting to dry up, more patients were starting to come in and thy were short on rooms.

I did a little Facebook research and it turned out we could make it home safely, so we packed everything up and took off. We are at home now and I'm drinking a whiskey on the couch relaxing for the first time in quite a while. I feel like a lazy arsehole because there are all these heroes on TV out in this weather saving people from their homes. I feel like I should try and help, but I don't really know what to do. I don't have a boat and there's no bad flooding right in my neighborhood.

I put together a giant bag of clothes we don't need and I will drop it off at Eureka Heights Brew Co tomorrow. That's that TCU owned/operated brewery we discussed on here last week, and they are running a donation site for all the flood victims.

Purp

My wife had no medical reason to be at the hospital anymore, so they gave us the soft boot from our room... they told us we could stay if we didn't have anywhere to go, but they said because the streets were starting to dry up, more patients were starting to come in and thy were short on rooms.

I did a little Facebook research and it turned out we could make it home safely, so we packed everything up and took off. We are at home now and I'm drinking a whiskey on the couch relaxing for the first time in quite a while. I feel like a lazy arsehole because there are all these heroes on TV out in this weather saving people from their homes. I feel like I should try and help, but I don't really know what to do. I don't hve a boat and there's no bad flooding right in my neighborhood.

I put together a giant bag of clothes we don't need and I will drop it off at Eureka Heights Brew Co tomorrow. That's that TCU owned/operated brewery we discussed on here last week, and they are running a donation site for all the flood victims.
Are you going to be able to get to the hospital readily enough to see Ruby? Great news about being home. I'm sure that's a relief. Hope you don't get trapped in your home and away from the hospital, though.