• The KillerFrogs

Hurricane

SnoSki

Looks like this little depression in the southern gulf just fired its way into high gear. Some forecasts predicting a category 3 or even 4 when it makes landfall.

Be safe and best wishes to all affected Frogs! Keep us updated.

jake102

Looks like it could hang around the Texas coast for 24+ hours. Would be devastating. Might even leave land, re-form in the Gulf and re-enter in eastern Louisiana

BABYFACE

tumblr_mezr9vYEsq1s0tun5o1_400.gif

netty2424

Hope it doesn't mess up the satellite transmission of the Mayweather McGregor fight!?!

In all seriousness, my bother and his family lives in Houston so I hope it dissipates sooner than later, but not likely.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Already starting to get butt loads of rain in San Antonio. And that's a long way from Houston...

Lotta memories of SAFD doing a Lotta high water rescues of single digit IQs driving around multiple safety gates only to get stuck in floodwaters. Fire department was one time shown live on local news pulling an elderly couple out of a car. From the crowd a very distinct voice was yelling at the fireman after they pulled out the elderly man driver "give'm breath to breath. "

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Just realized that if it dumps 30" of rain on Houston, I might feel guilty about cracking jokes... no matter how much H-town might annoy me, I don't want to see thousands displaced.

Ron Swanson

Just realized that if it dumps 30" of rain on Houston, I might feel guilty about cracking jokes... no matter how much H-town might annoy me, I don't want to see thousands displaced.
I'm sitting here in the NICU with my baby girl as we speak. This storm better beat it, I don't need any more ship to deal with right now.

The hospital is probably the safest place to be, but still it would suck if the city floods and we can't travel to/from the hospital as we would like.

4th. down

Looks like it could hang around the Texas coast for 24+ hours. Would be devastating. Might even leave land, re-form in the Gulf and re-enter in eastern Louisiana

Yep, in Houston, and they now have it going in at Rockport and then north up to Karnes City and doing a loop back down to Port O' Connor and then back into the gulf.

GeoFrog

I'm sitting here in the NICU with my baby girl as we speak. This storm better beat it, I don't need any more ship to deal with right now.

The hospital is probably the safest place to be, but still it would suck if the city floods and we can't travel to/from the hospital as we would like.

Stay safe, Ron. You might just plan on staying up there this weekend so you don't get stranded somewhere in between.

Moose Stuff

Damn. Everything OK with the little one?

Ron Swanson

Damn. Everything OK with the little one?
I've been keeping people updated in HASMSP, but the gist is...

She was born on 8/18 and she's had one surgery already (TE Fistula repair on the esophagus), which went well, and we just found out she will have to have another (coarctation of the aorta) sometime in the coming month or two (depending on how things progress).

The docs are confident everything will be fine in the end and she will lead a normal life with no follow-up surgeries necessary. It definitely sucks balls right now, but I feel good about things.

She's been a little trooper through it all and is pretty f'ing adorable...

H14eAIc.jpg

Last edited: