• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Wife saw on some neighborhood website/app someone selling 4 tickets and a parking pass for Frog basketball. $600. My assumption was this was for balance of the season. Nope. One game. And parking pass is for the garage. And the seats? 213.

I think someone is not in touch with the real value of those tickets.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Wife saw on some neighborhood website/app someone selling 4 tickets and a parking pass for Frog basketball. $600. My assumption was this was for balance of the season. Nope. One game. And parking pass is for the garage. And the seats? 213.

I think someone is not in touch with the real value of those tickets.

Yo, playa.

Chico Dusty

Needing a new Netflix or Amazon series.....

Just finished Punisher and Godless....both awesome....need another. Any suggestions...

“The end of the f***ing world” is a new series on Netflix that was good. A little different, but good. It’s a quick watch - 8 episodes that are 21 mins

Horny 4 Life

Anyone have experience road tripping through New England? My wife and I are planning one for August. I think we'll fly into Albany and spend a day in Cooperstown. Then we'll drive back towards Albany and up to Saratoga Springs and then Lake George. Lake Placid is a thought but a bit out of the way. From there we'll cross over to Vermont at the south end of Lake Champlain up to Burlington. I've only seen the lake in puzzles and have always wanted to see it. There's a charity Whiffle Ball tournament that weekend on some replica stadiums people literally made in the middle of a corn field. Fenway, Wrigley and Yankee Stadium...looks pretty cool. From there we'll go through Montpelier and then south to Hanover to see Dartmouth. Then back north to the Canadian border. Then through the White Mountain National Forest. Omni has some kind of resort at the base of Mt. Washington but it may not be anything special at the end of the summer. After that we'll head to Portland Maine, home of dozens of Stephen King novels. Back south along the New Hampshire coast and then back west to Concord. Then back towards the coast and into Boston for a day or two before heading home.

That's the plan so far. We'll miss Hall of Fame weekend in Cooperstown by 2 weeks. I think we'll miss the NASCAR race in NH by a week and the Red Sox are on a long road trip that week so the Whiffle Ball tournament may be the only game action we see.

We went to New England for our honeymoon. Stayed in Portsmouth, NH and Kennebunkport, ME and ventured into the interior a bit. Absolutely beautiful country and we're planning a trip back there within the next 2 years.

Make sure you take Highway 1 from Portland down to New Hampshire. When you get to the town of Biddeford, get off of Highway 1 onto Main street and, after crossing the Saco River, turn left on State Route 9. Follow Route 9 into Cape Porpoise and eat at Nunan's Lobster Hut (for the traditional lobster hut experience) or go past Nunan's and turn left onto Pier Road and follow it out to Cape Porpoise Lobster Co. on the pier where you can possibly pick your lunch right off the boat as it pulls up to the Cape Porpoise Lobster Co. pier. If you don't want it literally right off the boat, then Pier 77 (right next door) will fix you a meal using fresh, local ingredients and seafood that has been in the kitchen for at least an hour or so.

After you leave Cape Porpoise you can take a couple of back roads and drive by the Bush Compound at Walker's Point, if that's your kind of thing, and drive into Kennebunkport along the edge of the Kennebunk River. It's a great drive.

If you're staying in Kennebunk I highly recommend the Cabot Cove Cottages. We stayed several nights there and it was a great experience. The cottages are quaint and secluded, but within walking distance of downtown Kennebunkport. They bring you breakfast in a basket every morning and the staff will help you find anything you want in the area.

Portsmouth is a pretty awesome town too, the historic downtown was a very neat shopping experience. If you have cause to stay in that area, I highly recommend Wentworth-by-the-Sea for an overnight stay. Their restaurants were also very good with some great views.

Purp

You know I don't think they are delaying school over cold right?
In real life I just got this from an employee claiming he'll need to take a half day tomorrow bc his high schooler has a delayed start.

As if it's not absurd enough that he can't leave a high schooler home alone to catch a bus or ride with a friend, the update actually blames the fact that temperatures tomorrow are forecast to be colder than today as the reason for the delay. I don't understand the world anymore.

A penis doesn't necessarily make you a man and sub-freezing temps are a justifiable reason to postpone real life. And the word boatshow can be racist if said about a country populated by African Americans who are neither African nor American. I'm ready to quit this place.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
In real life I just got this from an employee claiming he'll need to take a half day tomorrow bc his high schooler has a delayed start.

As if it's not absurd enough that he can't leave a high schooler home alone to catch a bus or ride with a friend, the update actually blames the fact that temperatures tomorrow are forecast to be colder than today as the reason for the delay. I don't understand the world anymore.

A penis doesn't necessarily make you a man and sub-freezing temps are a justifiable reason to postpone real life. And the word boatshow can be racist if said about a country populated by African Americans who are neither African nor American. I'm ready to quit this place.
I'll rent a place on your private, crazy-free island.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

Frisco ISD no longer gives final exams in high school. It's too stressful on the students.