• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Anyone have experience road tripping through New England? My wife and I are planning one for August. I think we'll fly into Albany and spend a day in Cooperstown. Then we'll drive back towards Albany and up to Saratoga Springs and then Lake George. Lake Placid is a thought but a bit out of the way. From there we'll cross over to Vermont at the south end of Lake Champlain up to Burlington. I've only seen the lake in puzzles and have always wanted to see it. There's a charity Whiffle Ball tournament that weekend on some replica stadiums people literally made in the middle of a corn field. Fenway, Wrigley and Yankee Stadium...looks pretty cool. From there we'll go through Montpelier and then south to Hanover to see Dartmouth. Then back north to the Canadian border. Then through the White Mountain National Forest. Omni has some kind of resort at the base of Mt. Washington but it may not be anything special at the end of the summer. After that we'll head to Portland Maine, home of dozens of Stephen King novels. Back south along the New Hampshire coast and then back west to Concord. Then back towards the coast and into Boston for a day or two before heading home.

That's the plan so far. We'll miss Hall of Fame weekend in Cooperstown by 2 weeks. I think we'll miss the NASCAR race in NH by a week and the Red Sox are on a long road trip that week so the Whiffle Ball tournament may be the only game action we see.

Last edited:

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I’ve not been there but recall many KFC’ers saying US Military Academy is worth a look since you’re in the area. And sample all the different kinds of clam chowder while up there. Enjoy.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I just saw a car with a huge sticker that read AMMOSEXUAL on the back.

He is turned on by ammunition.

Trust me, if he’s an Ammo troop, on his car somewhere will be this:

IYAAYAS

At least if he’s USAF, don’t know if my brother services have the same trademark for their munitions/armory/warheads on foreheads types.

Punter1

Not weather related but I have reached my breaking point with LeBron's political lecturing. I'm done.

I've been done with him since his "Taking my talents to South Beach" Bullship....Every time I hear I hear him talk I try and change the channel/station as fast as I can.

Popovich and his anti-Trump, rich people suck crusade wears me out as well. I I'm done with his sorrry, preaching ass. Actually done with anyone who preaches...

Chico Dusty

Anyone have experience road tripping through New England? My wife and I are planning one for August. I think we'll fly into Albany and spend a day in Cooperstown. Then we'll drive back towards Albany and up to Saratoga Springs and then Lake George. Lake Placid is a thought but a bit out of the way. From there we'll cross over to Vermont at the south end of Lake Champlain up to Burlington. I've only seen the lake in puzzles and have always wanted to see it. There's a charity Whiffle Ball tournament that weekend on some replica stadiums people literally made in the middle of a corn field. Fenway, Wrigley and Yankee Stadium...looks pretty cool. From there we'll go through Montpelier and then south to Hanover to see Dartmouth. Then back north to the Canadian border. Then through the White Mountain National Forest. Omni has some kind of resort at the base of Mt. Washington but it may not be anything special at the end of the summer. After that we'll head to Portland Maine, home of dozens of Stephen King novels. Back south along the New Hampshire coast and then back west to Concord. Then back towards the coast and into Boston for a day or two before heading home.

That's the plan so far. We'll miss Hall of Fame weekend in Cooperstown by 2 weeks. I think we'll miss the NASCAR race in NH by a week and the Red Sox are on a long road trip that week so the Whiffle Ball tournament may be the only game action we see.

Saratoga Springs is cool - go to the track and watch some horse races. Lake George is beautiful that time of year. If you can fit it in, on the tail end of the trip, drive to Hyannis and take the ferry to Nantucket. And if you need any restaurant recs in Boston, let me know.

Tom Brown

I've been done with him since his "Taking my talents to South Beach" Bullship....Every time I hear I hear him talk I try and change the channel/station as fast as I can.

Popovich and his anti-Trump, rich people suck crusade wears me out as well. I I'm done with his sorrry, preaching ass. Actually done with anyone who preaches...

Does that include preachers?
I agree that "The Decision" was off-putting. That's when I started disliking him. I still don't care anything about him, but I have found him to be more likable to find him supporting his community, putting people through school, and having an opinion of current affairs.

I find that having an opinion is more likable than if he were the "$ over everything Briles" that he came off as, after the decision.

I’ve not been there but recall many KFC’ers saying US Military Academy is worth a look since you’re in the area. And sample all the different kinds of clam chowder while up there. Enjoy.

That would be cool but that's too far south for where we'r going. If we were flying into NYC we probably could but with a 3 yr old and a car seat that may be too much trouble to get out of the city with. I'll definitely look into it.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Preacher-Pale-Rider-Clint-Eastwood-e.jpg
.....I'm done with his sorrry, preaching ass. Actually done with anyone who preaches...

Keep this one

http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/uploads/Preacher-Pale-Rider-Clint-Eastwood-e.jpg

Saratoga Springs is cool - go to the track and watch some horse races. Lake George is beautiful that time of year. If you can fit it in, on the tail end of the trip, drive to Hyannis and take the ferry to Nantucket. And if you need any restaurant recs in Boston, let me know.

That would be cool too. I'll look I to that as well. Nantucket is on the bucket list but I don't think we'll have time for that. Kennebunkport is on the way from Portland to Boston so we'll probably stop and see where past Presidents have farted around on vacation.

I'd like to eventually take my dad up there to take a Cape Cod League tour so Nantucket and Martha's Vinyard will definitely be on that stop.

Chico Dusty

That would be cool too. I'll look I to that as well. Nantucket is on the bucket list but I don't think we'll have time for that. Kennebunkport is on the way from Portland to Boston so we'll probably stop and see where past Presidents have farted around on vacation.

I'd like to eventually take my dad up there to take a Cape Cod League tour so Nantucket and Martha's Vinyard will definitely be on that stop.

Nice. I’ve heard Kennebunkport is beautiful, especially that time of year. The whole NE coast in the summer is awesome, and early fall before cold hits. And yes, def hit MV and Nantucket next time around. One of my favorite places to go

Latest posts