• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

TCURiggs

Saw The last Jedi this afternoon at "work." Good, just too damn long and too many threads. Otherwise, good. Acting was much better. Mark Hamill, not known for his acting skills, was great.

You know what would make me happy? Going an hour or so without hearing about darning Star Wars.

They're going to keep making these things into perpetuity, and this much hype for every one makes me want to jump off a cliff. Get darned, Star Wars.

Yeah, I said it.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
You know what would make me happy? Going an hour or so without hearing about darning Star Wars.

They're going to keep making these things into perpetuity, and this much hype for every one makes me want to jump off a cliff. Get darned, Star Wars.

Yeah, I said it.
I'm really enjoying the Nissan Star Wars commercials. Nothing says Star Wars like a Nissan Murano.

Mean Purple

Looking to buy a new cowboy hat. Nice high quality felt hat. Any suggestions downtown or surrounding areas?

Peter Bros, Leddys? Any others.
Netty, Leddys has a very good selection. And two good price levels. Their 250 dollar hats are solid, depending on what you are using it for. They have a great booth at Vegas this week for the National Finals Rodeo. Burns saddlery and hats out of Utah is awesome too. Have been looking at hats from both at the NFR cowboy Christmas this week.

Also, Pards has a shop in Denton County that carries Greely, another great hat. American Hat company makes a great hat. Sombrero out of South Texas keeps a regular booth out at Will Rogers for the stock show and cutting and other horse shows. He usually has a great selection by American. And a quality hat fitter and shaper there. Price is not always the key factor of a great hat, but it does often get higher the more beaver is in the felt. Leddys, Peter bros, and others are good places. Cavenders, while good on other items, not all that great for a good felt.

Don't be afraid to look at a good resistol. Just make sure you get the right oval and get it shaped.

Fyi, Leddys and Burns are the best hat shapers I have dealt with in recent years. I walked in with a hat I ride in. The guy at Leddys took it off my head, brushed it down and reshaped it for free. I knew better than to argue with him.

Good Luck.

Also, thanks for supporting western heritage.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Netty, Leddys has a very good selection. And two good price levels. Their 250 dollar hats are solid, depending on what you are using it for. They have a great booth at Vegas this week for the National Finals Rodeo. Burns saddlery and hats out of Utah is awesome too. Have been looking at hats from both at the NFR cowboy Christmas this week.

Also, Pards has a shop in Denton County that carries Greely, another great hat. American Hat company makes a great hat. Sombrero out of South Texas keeps a regular booth out at Will Rogers for the stock show and cutting and other horse shows. He usually has a great selection by American. And a quality hat fitter and shaper there. Price is not always the key factor of a great hat, but it does often get higher the more beaver is in the felt. Leddys, Peter bros, and others are good places. Cavenders, while good on other items, not all that great for a good felt.

Don't be afraid to look at a good resistol. Just make sure you get the right oval and get it shaped.

Fyi, Leddys and Burns are the best hat shapers I have dealt with in recent years. I walked in with a hat I ride in. The guy at Leddys took it off my head, brushed it down and reshaped it for free. I knew better than to argue with him.

Good Luck.

BEAT Stanford

Ron Swanson

or pretty much anything on the Hallmark Channel? That seems to keep worming its way onto my TV somehow. I darn sure don't dial it up.
My wife and her sister’s favorite thing to do around the holidays is drink cheap wine while watching Hallmark holiday movies, and then make fun of how cheesy they are (even though they also not-so-secretly love them in a guilty pleasure kind of way).

Ron Swanson

Would not. Beer is supposed to taste like beer. Vodka and whiskey should taste like vodka and whiskey. All this flavoring of ship is out of hand. You want lemon flavored vodka? Put a damn lemon in it. You want maple syrup flavored Crown Royal? Well then you're a stupid darn.

Get off my lawn.
Someone left a bottle of Evan Williams Honey (I think that’s what it was?) at my house after a party a year or so ago, so I threw it in the back of my bar. I tried it out a couple months ago over ice and it was the worst whiskey I’ve ever had.

And I don’t even hate Evan Williams.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Someone left a bottle of Evan Williams Honey (I think that’s what it was?) at my house after a party a year or so ago, so I threw it in the back of my bar. I tried it out a couple months ago over ice and it was the worst whiskey I’ve ever had.

Sounds terrible. I just don't get it. It's nothing more than a way to get people to buy more [ Finebaum ]. Let's say you are in the mood for a passion fruit rum colada. So you buy the Bacardi Passion, or whatever stupid name they give it. But later a rum and coke sounds good. You going to go ahead and drink Bacardi passion fruit flavored rum mixed with coke? You better not. Because that would make you and your drink both suck. So off you go to buy another bottle. Bacardi wins.

This flavored everything craze, to me, is no different than Pizza Hut constantly tricking up their pizzas (who doesn't need to detach the cheese filled pizza handle and eat it separately dunked in buffalo cinnamon sugar ranch? Why wouldn't you want your breakfast taco shell made from eggs instead of holding eggs in place?)

I need coffee. Black coffee. Strong coffee. Served in a dirty mug. Now.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

And another note, honey sucks. Bees are pointless. They sting and they provide sugar puke.

Great work there, God.

netty2424

Good Luck.

Thank you for the info. I am about 2.5 hours from Ft Worth these days, but need to make the trek in to pick up a nice hat. Any excuse to get back to Ft Worth is alright by me.

I've got a local Western store up here that carries Resistol, American Hat, Atwood Hats, and Bailey I believe is the name. I'll have to check out the Greely's hats. I work in a straw hat around my place, just never owned a good felt. Figured it was time.