• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

I just finished episode 4 of The Keepers right now. Holy ship, this story is unreal.

Omg..this show is the scheissing [ Finebaum ]. Too close to home for me. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. The RCC is so scheissing corrupt. Every second made my blood boil. I finished the last episode at 1 AM and Netflix suggested Spotlight. Stayed up til 4 AM watching that. There was one brief mention of "Kos." Father Rudy Kos was at our parish and I refused to take Communion from that SOB. That piece of [ Finebaum ] is now serving multiple life sentences in federal prison. I was never alone with him or any priests but it rattles me to the core thinking of the poor boys that were and how the Bishop and Cardinal kept moving these pieces of [ Finebaum ] around. To make things worse, I had Dr. Reynolds at TCU my soph year in a 2ndary Ed class and we got to talking about the stuff in the news about the RCC. I mentioned father Kos and she darnin defended that SOB because she knew of him personally and he fought for social justice. I'm glad I didn't know then what I knew now. I would have probably been banned from campus. To this day I can't believe anyone would defend this man because he helped push a social agenda.

Frog-in-law1995

The Pacific was great, but BoB, imo, is the best thing that's ever been made for any screen.

Speaking of BoB, we watched Raiders of the Lost Ark yesterday with my son, and the skinnier of the two main German bad guys said a line and turned his head slightly in a way that instantly reminded me of the German general addressing his troops after surrendering in Episode 10 of BoB. Went to imdb and sure enough, same actor. Turns out he's been in a lot of stuff.

talor

Dunkirk is an incredible movie. I recommend seeing it on 70MM film if you can and in theaters...dont wait for HBO. There are no previews if you see it on 70MM so don't be late. If you are lucky enough to have a theater with a bar, grab a nice manly drink and settle in for 1 hour 45 minutes of movie awesomeness.

Last edited:

talor

Omg..this show is the [ farging ] [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]. Too close to home for me. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. The RCC is so [ farging ] corrupt. Every second made my blood boil. I finished the last episode at 1 AM and Netflix suggested Spotlight. Stayed up til 4 AM watching that. There was one brief mention of "Kos." Father Rudy Kos was at our parish and I refused to take Communion from that SOB. That piece of [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] is now serving multiple life sentences in federal prison. I was never alone with him or any priests but it rattles me to the core thinking of the poor boys that were and how the Bishop and Cardinal kept moving these pieces of [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] around. To make things worse, I had Dr. Reynolds at TCU my soph year in a 2ndary Ed class and we got to talking about the stuff in the news about the RCC. I mentioned father Kos and she darnin defended that SOB because she knew of him personally and he fought for social justice. I'm glad I didn't know then what I knew now. I would have probably been banned from campus. To this day I can't believe anyone would defend this man because he helped push a social agenda.

Spotlight is a very well done movie. I rewatched Sleepers the other day and was reminded how messed up but good of a movie that is.

Phormer...I know you said you lived in Irving at one point, right? Kos was at St. Luke's where I went to school 5th through 8th grade, but before my time. One of my classmates had an older bother Kos got to, he drove a purple plymouth prowler at the age of 16 because of the settlement...but I'm pretty sure no money could fix those emotional scars.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Speaking of BoB, we watched Raiders of the Lost Ark yesterday with my son, and the skinnier of the two main German bad guys said a line and turned his head slightly in a way that instantly reminded me of the German general addressing his troops after surrendering in Episode 10 of BoB. Went to imdb and sure enough, same actor. Turns out he's been in a lot of stuff.

The rich dude that sent Indy to find Sean Connery in Raiders 3 is same actor that commanded AT-AT in Empire Strikes Back. Same mental/aural/visual skill.

GeoFrog

The rich dude that sent Indy to find Sean Connery in Raiders 3 is same actor that commanded AT-AT in Empire Strikes Back. Same mental/aural/visual skill.
He's also Grand Maester Pycelle in Game of Thrones:

Game-Thrones-S4-Laws-Gods-Men-Pycelle.12-am.png.jpg

My wife showed me this interesting connection of Star Wars/Indiana Jones/Jack Ryan movies:
https://moviepilot.com/posts/3597905

Starts with this "slide":
the-greatest-cross-franchise-mash-up-team-up-ever.jpg

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Dunkirk is an incredible movie. I recommend seeing it on 70MM film if you can and in theaters...dont wait for HBO. There are no previews if you see it on 70MM so don't be late. If you are lucky enough to have a theater with a bar, grab a nice manly drink and settle in for 1 hour 45 minutes of movie awesomeness.

Concur.
And after you're home, cue this up on your iPad or laptop and sound UP.
Good to know that civilian rescuers still exist today--even in New York & Jersey. Highly recommended to watch with your teenagers if you have any in the house. Just tell'm it's a Tom Hanks short film:

Purp

Had a good day today. Finished the class early, watched Open coverage until Spieth finished then went to the Louisville Slugger plant/museum. Very cool place. After that we drove around Churchill Downs and the Louisville campus before hitting the Jim Beam Urban Distillery. Did a tasting there (meh) and found out Bush was playing later in the plaza outside. I'd do today again if I had to.

For some reason the Louisville Slugger photo isn't loading. It's a picture of one of Jake Arietta's World Series bats.

ETA: had to crop and save to make them work.

20170721_223403.jpg 20170721_223512.jpg 20170721_173651.jpg

Last edited:

GeoFrog

Had a good day today. Finished the class early, watched Open coverage until Spieth finished then went to the Louisville Slugger plant/museum. Very cool place. After that we drove around Churchill Downs and the Louisville campus before hitting the Jim Beam Urban Distillery. Did a tasting there (meh) and found out Bush was playing later in the plaza outside. I'd do today again info had to.

View attachment 3267

For some reason the Louisville Slugger photo isn't loading. It's a picture of one of Jake Arietta's World Series bats.
Sounds like a great day!!!

Did you see "Mama's Pizza" Stadium at UofL?

Still one of the funniest digs I've ever heard from Coach P.

Purp

Sounds like a great day!!!

Did you see "Mama's Pizza" Stadium at UofL?

Still one of the funniest digs I've ever heard from Coach P.
Yeah. They're enclosing the north end zone now by the look of it. I was suprisednby how small the campus was, though. And the surrounding neighborhoods were pretty frightening. The campus was like an oasis in the middle of Oak Cliff.

Purp

The Open Championship today is nuts. After the first two days it's open season on every flag stick. So far Spieth is the only one to not take advantage of the great conditions.

Tom Brown

Yeah. They're enclosing the north end zone now by the look of it. I was suprisednby how small the campus was, though. And the surrounding neighborhoods were pretty frightening. The campus was like an oasis in the middle of Oak Cliff.

Man i had a great time in Loovil for that game. We punched them in the damn mouth.