• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Punter1

I darning love Port A. I go at least 6 times every summer...went last weekend and the water looked like Destin....best I've ever seen it look.

Food: The Phoenix, Crazy Cajun, Lisabella's, MacDaddies, Trout Street, Stingrays.

Entertainment: Back Porch for music...Bait and Switch Charters for fishing...Cinnamon Shores for future beach house...Palmilla Dunes for Golf....Bernies for strange...

Dogfrog

Port A is awesome.

On another subject the next two year's basketball season ticket price plan is out. Increase for the tickets is $25, bringing tickets to $275 each 2017-2018, with no increase for 2018-19. The significant increases come in scholarship donation amounts over this season and next, but only for floor, court side and 100-level tickets. All non-student 100-level seats are now scholarship seats and will require a donation. Still no donations required for 200-level seats.

Last edited:

Chico Dusty

I know the subject of TV shows come up every once and while here. I'm was looking for a new one, when I came across a good one that I forgot about. "Paradise Lost" is a 3 part true crime doc on HBO. It came out at least five years ago, so it gets overlooked by some of the new ones...The Jinx and the dude from Wisconsin (forgot what it's called). Anyway if you like true crime, check it, it's wild

Ron Swanson

I know the subject of TV shows come up every once and while here. I'm was looking for a new one, when I came across a good one that I forgot about. "Paradise Lost" is a 3 part true crime doc on HBO. It came out at least five years ago, so it gets overlooked by some of the new ones...The Jinx and the dude from Wisconsin (forgot what it's called). Anyway if you like true crime, check it, it's wild
I just finished episode 4 of The Keepers right now. Holy ship, this story is unreal.

Chico Dusty

I know it's only 4 episodes but the The Defiant Ones on HBO is fascinating. It details the life of Jimmy Iovine....the former record producer who started Beats with Dr. Dre.

Indeed. I watched it and it was awesome. Those guys are beasts. And it had a lot of interesting stories I had never heard.

Purp

Good soccer game coming to town this week

Usmnt vs Costa Rica.
Glad those El Salvador [ the old ricardo ] suckers are behind us. I've been around soccer my whole life and played against a lot of dirty players/teams, but the Texas titty twisters, biting, and studs up attacks on upper shins is a new echelon of loser for me.

And for it to all go unpunished... I hope that ref gets relegated to small town high school ball. Just terrible. Should have been 4 red cards in that game and if one of them gets shown the other incidents likely don't happen.

netty2424

I know it's only 4 episodes but the The Defiant Ones on HBO is fascinating. It details the life of Jimmy Iovine....the former record producer who started Beats with Dr. Dre.

Excellent series. I think it was intended to be more about Dr Dre but Jimmy Iovine sort of stole the show.

talor

Excellent series. I think it was intended to be more about Dr Dre but Jimmy Iovine sort of stole the show.
I think its about both of them and how their separate stories became so interconnected as the years went on because they kept betting on each other and it kept working. I watched all of them last weekend and thought they were great.

netty2424

I think its about both of them and how their separate stories became so interconnected as the years went on because they kept betting on each other and it kept working. I watched all of them last weekend and thought they were great.
You're correct, but it was more marketed using Dre's face. Guess just because he's more well known from a fan perspective. I was just surprised to see how much was about this guy I'd never heard of. But well deserved. Iovine has had an incredible career.

Tom Brown

Glad those El Salvador [ the old ricardo ] suckers are behind us. I've been around soccer my whole life and played against a lot of dirty players/teams, but the Texas titty twisters, biting, and studs up attacks on upper shins is a new echelon of loser for me.

And for it to all go unpunished... I hope that ref gets relegated to small town high school ball. Just terrible. Should have been 4 red cards in that game and if one of them gets shown the other incidents likely don't happen.

It was horrible. I was afraid of injuries the whole time.

Purp

It was horrible. I was afraid of injuries the whole time.
Yeah. I was worried Lichaj wouldn't get up from his studs first attack to the shin. That looked gruesome and, having sustained a compound fracture to the tibia from a similar incident, I expected him to be hurt for a very long time.

I kept hoping Jozy would deck that little twerp twisting his nipples, grabbing his junk, and biting his shoulder. I'd have been happy to play the rest of the tourney without him if he'd have levelled the little punk. They'd probably have both earned red so it would have been a man power neutral move. Well worth it IMO.

DeuceBoogieNights

Awesome documentary. Really enjoyed it

If you like hip hop documentaries the Can't Stop, Won't Stop documentary about Bad Boy Records on Apple music is good also.