• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Kansas State

kidkarr

frognutz said:

Not flaming, but are we seriously discussing specific sections being filled/not filled back in the good 'ole days of a half empty stadium?

The fickleness of the modern TCU fan won't ever be solved.  We're up to a $225K/$255K degree now (whatever the exact number is).  It would be more concerning to me if those folks didn't support the university athletics financially when they have the ability to do so.

Not sure anyone is wanting to go back to the days of a half full stadium with half the seats paid for versus the current situation.

I (mating between Steel & 2314) hate money and the things people are willing to do to others to get it, but my thoughts on trading it for a neck massage and [ profanity ] currency system doesn't seem to be gaining any traction.
Nobody wants to go back, would just like the "prime" seats to be full and have purple in them. I know we're a small private university but that doesn't mean it's ok to have passionate fans in the upper decks in the rain while the best seats, the ones nearest the players giving it their all, are Empty! And then the coach gripes about it, find a way to get those seats to people who attend, like Moose's daughter.
If the Richie riches really cared, they would see that this is a problem......hurts recruiting, player morale, and obviously Patterson's feelings!

smufrogger

Jerome K said:
Nobody wants to go back, would just like the "prime" seats to be full and have purple in them. I know we're a small private university but that doesn't mean it's ok to have passionate fans in the upper decks in the rain while the best seats, the ones nearest the players giving it their all, are Empty! And then the coach gripes about it, find a way to get those seats to people who attend, like Moose's daughter.
If the Richie riches really cared, they would see that this is a problem......hurts recruiting, player morale, and obviously Patterson's feelings!
easy solution tell the csc folks not to check tickets and let people move into open seats Baylor does this

LSU Game Attendee

I've accepted that frogs must win to draw strong crowds. Atmosphere, marketing, etc will help to an extent, but no amount of guilt tripping or gnashing of teeth will give tcu the endless herds of mindless dronefans that the likes of aggy enjoy. There is no substitute for victory.

Moose Stuff

Jerome K said:
I agree, my main point was that we lost some loyal locals that supported through the bad times and then got the boot on their seat locations and just punted on the frogs altogether. When they had season seats, they were more vested.
I'm sorry but anyone that bailed because they lost their seat location was NEVER vested. If you told me my season tickets were on top of one of the west side lights and I was sitting with Art Briles I'd still be at every home game.

Pharm Frog

Moose Stuff said:
I'm sorry but anyone that bailed because they lost their seat location was NEVER vested. If you told me my season tickets were on top of one of the weat side lights and I was sitting with Art Briles I'd still be at every home game.
Spoken like someone who has not spent any time in proximity to Art Briles

Travis Trucks said:

Glad I am not the only one. I am a firm believer in 6-6 teams not belonging in bowl games. Yeah let the players have a good time, but why would a fan be interested in spending money/time to watch a mediocre product. 
Agreed, this team both players and coaches do not deserve to go to a bowl. Horrible season/team/coaching ind 2016. There is no way in hell I'd pay money to see this team in a bowl.

tcumaniac

Jerome K said:
I think a great deal of this is on the administration. I'll get flamed, but alums and local die heads would almost always fill the old CARTER lower "prime" sections. Those folks were displaced and then asked to pay a much higher price for far worse seats, and we lost a number of those "fans". Bottom line! +4 was a disaster in most ways except money.
Been saying it since the stadium design and seating allocation was announced... what we did is not sustainable and we will continue to suffer the consequences.

Btw. Plus 4 wasn't the biggest problem. Letting single families own over 100 seats in the lower bowl, while they also have a suite is the problem.

Pushed all the loyal fans out of their past seats. They also designed a stadium with less good lower bowl seats. And then to add icing to the cake, they came up with plus 4.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
tcumaniac said:
Been saying it since the stadium design and seating allocation was announced... what we did is not sustainable and we will continue to suffer the consequences.

Btw. Plus 4 wasn't the biggest problem. Letting single families own over 100 seats in the lower bowl, while they also have a suite is the problem.

Pushed all the loyal fans out of their past seats. They also designed a stadium with less good lower bowl seats. And then to add icing to the cake, they came up with plus 4.

Don't disagree, but when less than 1/2 the student section is full on senior day there is a lot more going on with this fan base than the +4.

Moose Stuff

TxFrog1999 said:

Don't disagree, but when less than 1/2 the student section is full on senior day there is a lot more going on with this fan base than the +4.
Yeah, the fan base wasn't fired up to see a 6-5 team play in a cold drizzle. Big deal.

And the student section wasn't less than half full.

TooColdU

Despite the weather being horrible for Senior Day last year and playing at 11 am the year before that, the stadium still managed to fill up.

Guess what the huge difference was that kept people at home this year...

In addition, I have yet to hear anybody on this board claim that they enjoyed their experience at the stadium today. Win or lose, that's the main attraction for most casual fans; to be entertained and enjoy themselves. This team is hard to watch even for us diehards.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Moose Stuff said:
Yeah, the fan base wasn't fired up to see a 6-5 team play in a cold drizzle. Big deal.

And the student section wasn't less than half full.

Student section less than 10 minutes before kickoff...

students-pregame.jpg

Student section with less than 8 minutes before the second half...

students-halftime.jpg

Note, the stands are filled about the same. That was basically the size of the student turnout the entire game. I may not be a statistician but I think that is less than 50% capacity.

frognutz

TxFrog1999 said:

students-pregame.jpg

students-halftime.jpg

Note, the stands are filled about the same. That was basically the size of the student turnout the entire game. I may not be a statistician but I think that is less than 50% capacity.

You need to get better seats, but yeah that is scheissing depressing looking.

TooColdU

TxFrog1999 said:

students-pregame.jpg

students-halftime.jpg

We need purple seats everywhere.

Moose Stuff

TxFrog1999 said:

students-pregame.jpg

students-halftime.jpg

I'm not interested in arguing about it, but unless you've got a picture of the student section about halfway through the first quarter that looks similar to that then I'm gonna stick with my observation. I'm not real worried about what that section looks like before the game starts or during halftime.