• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Kansas State

OmniscienceFrog

AroundWorldFrog said:
Wow, Gary being a whiny little witch in his press conference about the fans. Put a better (mating between Steel & 2314) product on the field if you don't like it. His biggest fault. He can't take criticism.

https://twitter.com/TCU_Rivals/status/805154276729323522

https://twitter.com/TCU_Rivals/status/805155184657764352

Edit. Sure I'll get flamed, but he needs to worry about what he puts on the filed.
Pretty sure he's already concerned about what's filed.

OmniscienceFrog

Wexahu said:
There are a lot of rich alumni that just buy tickets as a way of supporting the university, it has nothing to do with a desire to attend a football game. It's not only that they don't go, it's that they never planned on going in the first place.

It's part of the problem of being a small, RICH private school. Rich people waste money all the time buying stuff they hardly ever use. And those lower sections are filled with nothing but rich people.
This is true.  The university had to do what it had to do to survive in the swamp that is big time college football.  They had to cater to the people that had mega amounts of money to survive.  The people that had been loyal and supportive for the decades of wanders through the wilderness could go to hell.  Good for the rich folks.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
CountryFrog said:
An enrollment that's 4X bigger with a stadium that's less than 2X larger. Us filling our stadium would be proportionate to South Carolina filling a stadium of about 175,000 people. It's not an excuse, our fans need to be better, but it's absolutely more difficult for a smaller school. This isn't debatable. It's only the most obvious thing in the world.
I still don't see what any of this has to do with state school fans showing up in bad whether has to do with them having more fans on a pro rats basis...

Pharm Frog

Hoosierfrog said:
I still don't see what any of this has to do with state school fans showing up in bad whether has to do with them having more fans on a pro rats basis...
I'll help out on this --- I had no fewer than 4 season ticket holders and two non-season ticket holders offer me between one and four tickets to the OU v OSU game on Saturday because they didn't want to sit in the potentially bad weather. Of the season ticket holders only one is a graduate of OU and one other attended but did not graduate from there. Just so many more people involved. It's not even worth comparing IMO