• The KillerFrogs

Cowboys Curt away another game

TCURiggs

Made him pretty upset too. Not sure he posts around here anymore because of the use of "curt."

He still posts, but it seems more rare. Based on some of his more recent posts, he doesn't like that "curt" is still being used and thinks it should have expired by now. He might be right. It might be time for us to move on to some version of B4P's name.

tetonfrog

Romo went for 300+ yards, 4 TDs and no INTs. He missed one touch pass that his WR would normally get if he was having trouble with his hamstring. Not sure how that puts Romo in the bottom half. Just a truly idiotic statement.

I think Romo is overrated some as well, but he is still a Top 10 QB in the NFL.

Come on.

Romo's stats are pretty good, but he has played a cupcake schedule that is softer than Tebow's run. Romo's misses have been more glaring than his big plays. Dallas has one win against a team over .500 and that was San Francisco in week two. He is erratic and continues to miss in the clutch.

Yes, Romo threw for 321 and a couple of TDs, but he missed a wide open Austin late in the game. He hits him and that's a TD. Game over. Romo missed him and ELi came back and beat him. The great QBs don't miss throws like that.

Top 10 QB? Hah. Forgive the spellings, but how about Rogers, Brees, Eli, Brady, Big Ben, Cutler, Schaub, Ryan, Stafford, Peyton (when healthy), Vick, Fitzgerald, Tebow, Cassell and maybe even Scam and AD. If the Rams weren't so bad I'd add Bradford to the list. Top 10? The Texans' third-stringer has played better than Romo.

cdsfrog

Where is Wade Phillips when you need him.

Defense for cowboys was great in 09, SUCKED in 2010 (like 2011)

Curious to see the defense in 2012 for Texans. I hold out hope for them though, lots of talent of the defensive side (and offensive when healthy)

NubomTurk

Tier 1
He still posts, but it seems more rare. Based on some of his more recent posts, he doesn't like that "curt" is still being used and thinks it should have expired by now. He might be right. It might be time for us to move on to some version of B4P's name.
These things never expire. I fully expect "to Divac" to gain currency as a KF.c-specific verb, defined as "to taunt one's non-TCU-aligned co-workers, usually with the use of obscene hand gestures, in the mistaken belief that TCU is aligning with a more desirable athletic conference, thus bringing upon oneself the gleeful ridicule of the KF.c community."

Note that most of these new verbs involve "bringing upon oneself the gleeful ridicule of the KF.c community." This is as it should be.

Vlade has, to his credit, owned his misadventure. curt should do the same. Heck, even Rick Perry went on Letterman.

TCURiggs

These things never expire. I fully expect "to Divac" to gain currency as a KF.c-specific verb, defined as "to taunt one's non-TCU-aligned co-workers, usually with the use of obscene hand gestures, in the mistaken belief that TCU is aligning with a more desirable athletic conference, thus bringing upon oneself the gleeful ridicule of the KF.c community."

Note that most of these new verbs involve "bringing upon oneself the gleeful ridicule of the KF.c community." This is as it should be.

Vlade has, to his credit, owned his misadventure. curt should do the same. Heck, even Rick Perry went on Letterman.

Strong points

PurplePainD

So to recap - Curting is to be used when someone overloads their [craig james] by running their mouth

I think that limits the use of the word, we must let these terms evolve.

(e.g.)
I just curted in my office chair
tcumaniac often curts all over himself

Kaiser

I will have to say though, I am kind of tired of the NFL in general now a day. It just isn't the league it use to be.

I feel the exact same way. The NFL lost its way at some point. I think a lot of it is Roger Goodell's fault & I don't much like his vision for football or his treatment of the fans. I watch less than 50% of what I used too just 5 years ago.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
So to recap - Curting is to be used when someone overloads their [craig james] by running their mouth

(e.g.)
"to maniac" is a verb in search of a definition. We may need to wait a couple of years until graduation day to come up with a truly comprehensive definition.

cdsfrog

(e.g.)

I have been known to curt it up, but I am working on it :biggrin:

curt3301

I hate the cowboys and absolutely love when they lose and all you lame fans jump from roof tops. it pleases me greatly. I hope they miss the playoffs again, i'll sit back and watch the chaos.

TheFDN

I hate the cowboys and absolutely love when they lose and all you lame fans jump from roof tops. it pleases me greatly. I hope they miss the playoffs again, i'll sit back and watch the chaos.
Curt,
Do you have an opinion on who will win the Cowboys-Bucs game this weekend? If so, is it a strong opinion?
Thanks