• The KillerFrogs

Cowboys Curt away another game

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Its funny when you begin to read a post and by the first few words you realize you should look at who wrote it. I grew up in FtW and had Tony Dorsett on my wall. I was a die hard cowboys fan. Until jerry ran off Jimmy. Now. Meh .

I hate watching the nfl. its a individual sport. people make sustained drives so one idiot can do a dance in the endzone even though the TEAM eventually loses. i appreciate AD and LT for being professional.

PS Coach to WIN!!. Not run down the clock

NubomTurk

Tier 1
As a long time Cowboys fan(from Cotton Bowl days),I get a sick sense of satisfaction whenever they lose and the cameras cut to ol' Jerry up in his box or down on the sidelines.
I used to live and die with the Cowboys before he ran off Landry.When he cut Jimmy loose,that was the final straw for me.Love it when they win,but no longer give a rat's arse when they lose .

Only football team I still emotionally invest in is TCU.
+1. There's a lot of us expatriate Cowboy fans out there, '83.

FROGDADDY

+1

I never post on this board anymore, but I agree with this 100 percent. I hate Jerry for many reasons. I like seeing the Cowboys win, but I love watching Jerry lose.

Holy crap, I thought you were dead. I'd also like to point out that the first post of the thread is a misuse of the term "curt". Unless the Cowboys made some sort of prediction about the impossibility of the Giants overcoming a 12 point deficit and winning by blocking a FG then this was not a "curt".

Frog DJ

Add me to the list of former Cowboy fans who can't stomach JJ for his handling of Landry's firing.

It wasn't so much that he fired TL - it was the manner in which he did it.

That's okay though. I love my Houston Texans, and this year has been great!

Go Frogs! Do It Now!

PurplePainD

Holy crap, I thought you were dead. I'd also like to point out that the first post of the thread is a misuse of the term "curt". Unless the Cowboys made some sort of prediction about the impossibility of the Giants overcoming a 12 point deficit and winning by blocking a FG then this was not a "curt".

True, pardon the poetic license, it just seemed appropriate at the time. In hindshight, Queef might have been better.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
True, pardon the poetic license, it just seemed appropriate at the time. In hindshight, Queef might have been better.

ha ...

spqueefs_jez.flv.jpg

Young and Horned

Romo went for 300+ yards, 4 TDs and no INTs. He missed one touch pass that his WR would normally get if he was having trouble with his hamstring. Not sure how that puts Romo in the bottom half. Just a truly idiotic statement.

I think Romo is overrated some as well, but he is still a Top 10 QB in the NFL.

Big Frog II

I thought this was an 8-8 team before the season started and still think that. Too many years of Jerry's bad drafts, trading draft picks away for washed up receivers, and hiring coaches that will let him run the show are some of the reasons I don't really care about the Cowboys any more. I use to live and die with them, but don't even really watch them unless there is nothing else on. As long as people continue to pay those outrageous ticket prices and fill his stadium every week, Jerry isn't going to change the way he runs his team.

I will have to say though, I am kind of tired of the NFL in general now a day. It just isn't the league it use to be.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
Hasn't "curt" been replaced by "bonner?"
According to my (admittedly incomplete) knowledge of KillerFrogs history, the verb "to curt" is defined as "to make, with great fanfare and haughty certainty, a prediction which later turns out to be false, thus bringing upon oneself the gleeful ridicule of the KF.c community."

The original occurance of this was the Alabama Utah Sugar Bowl, right?

With that in mind, I'm not sure if the Cowboys actually "curted." I think they just "(I'm going to get Banned if I do not EDIT this Immediately)ed up as usual."

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
According to my (admittedly incomplete) knowledge of KillerFrogs history, the verb "to curt" is defined as "to make, with great fanfare and haughty certainty, a prediction which later turns out to be false, thus bringing upon oneself the gleeful ridicule of the KF.c community."

The original occurance of this was the Alabama Utah Sugar Bowl, right?

With that in mind, I'm not sure if the Cowboys actually "curted." I think they just "(I'm going to get Banned if I do not EDIT this Immediately)ed up as usual."

The sign of a potential curt is by saying or writing "I guarantee ..."