• The KillerFrogs

Boykin Arrested after bar fight - swings at cop

frognutz

Hoosierfrog said:
That's what bouncers do, they aren't exactly academy graduates. Perhaps it wasn't warranted, but you don't get dragged out of bars by a mass of people for showing discretion and acting dignified.

My guess....a group of Oregon fans probably had been there most of the night running up tabs and getting [ Finebaum ]faced....our little escapee joins the party late for a few pops before bedtime....heckling and the Frogs suck no Oregon sucks stuff starts.....somehow one of the girls does something stupid or was insulted and then things escalated.....

FrogSwagSurfin

I don't see anyone trying to fight him except on the stairs, once he left he looked like the cops where the only ones around. The only thing he was swinging at was the cop so he was trying to hit the cop. There are zero excuses no matter how rough a cop is.

TCU_91

Hoosierfrog said:
Really? A guy weighing 300 lbs is waist deep into a cop car wrestling for a cops gun, evidence and depositions show witnesses lied, and it was the cops fault? If a 300 pounder comes at me and I have weapon, I use it too.

Again, if this poor innocent hadn't robbed a store, followed commands, not attacked a cop...he'd be alive.
Must have missed the sarcasm.

"Cops fault"...SARCASTIC.

unfortunately my BIL wad a cop that was killed, I know all too well they have a tough job.

In this case it looks like the cop was over zealous and the chief should say so if true.

As for Ferguson and Chicago the officers were completely in the right.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
hiphopfroggy said:

Tre was the most famous person in that whole [Craig James] town that night and all week. He is the most famous person participating in an event bringing 35mill to the town this week. It is because of his celebrity status that he was verbally and then physically assaulted. You obviously don't understand this. Obviously Pat Obriens is a terribly run business that should have its liquor license taken away. Tough spot for the cop? all he had to do was continue to stand there doing nothing.  I'm just saying you're a coward doing the easy thing and slamming Tre, and I don't care about your pollyann inappropriate accusations, I wasn't trying to sound rational I was expressing human emotion which I have because I am human. I am in NYC so the brick comment was in jest but generally speaking when I see someone I care about being attacked my human nature takes over and I defend them. Feel free to take the victim mentality stance though. 
I would wager that cop had no idea who he was.

The only one playing the victim card here are those somehow trying to defend the actions of someone who broke curfew, betrayed his teammates-school-parent, got drunk and disorderly, became violent enough to have to be physically removed from a bar he wasn't supposed to be in, was dragged away and yet returns to confront police.

So it is your defense that the city of SA is supposed to excuse this behavior because of economics, tourism, celebrity etc?

FrogSwagSurfin

ifrog said:
One of those guys put Trevone in a choke hold and that's what set him off. And it appears that the first police officer landed a few punches to Trevone before he scuffled with them. I'm not condoning his actions but the video sheds some light on why he was so angry.

If that fat darn put me in a choke hold, I would have put him in the hospital.
Actually they don't give a [ Finebaum ] who you are. The cop actually did the most non aggressive move to keep a non rationale drunk human away from him. Normally cops will taser or shoot someone if they believe someone is bowing up to them.

Again if you don't want to be arrested then respect the police and do has you're told. Simple [ Finebaum ], fighting or even touching a cop is not ever considered normal or appropriate for any race. I can't believe some people are trying to make justifications for his actions after he was thrown out, punched out or kicked out.

FrogSwagSurfin

Hoosierfrog said:

The only one playing the victim card here are those somehow trying to defend the actions of someone who broke curfew, betrayed his teammates-school-parent, got drunk and disorderly, became violent enough to have to be physically removed from a bar he wasn't supposed to be in, was dragged away and yet returns to confront police.

So it is your defense that the city of SA is supposed to excuse this behavior because of economics, tourism, celebrity etc?
Exactly. Please nobody try to be Baylor fans. I wish the school would have blocked the video like OU did with Joe Mixon but our PR department has never been very proactive.

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
I don't see anyone trying to fight him except on the stairs, once he left he looked like the cops where the only ones around. The only thing he was swinging at was the cop so he was trying to hit the cop. There are zero excuses no matter how rough a cop is.
Do you have a different video?

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
Exactly. Please nobody try to be Baylor fans. I wish the school would have blocked the video like OU did with Joe Mixon but our PR department has never been very proactive.
Mixon incident happened in a bar in Norman. That town protects all things OU.

TCU_91

Exactly. Please nobody try to be Baylor fans. I wish the school would have blocked the video like OU did with Joe Mixon but our PR department has never been very proactive.[/quote]

Wait...we have a PR department??

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
Actually they don't give a [Craig James] who you are. The cop actually did the most non aggressive move to keep a non rationale drunk human away from him. Normally cops will taser or shoot someone if they believe someone is bowing up to them.

Again if you don't want to be arrested then respect the police and do has you're told. Simple [Craig James], fighting or even touching a cop is not ever considered normal or appropriate for any race. I can't believe some people are trying to make justifications for his actions after he was thrown out, punched out or kicked out.
Cops shouldn't be throwing punches.

H

hiphopfroggy

Hoosierfrog said:

Felony sneaking out. 

MTfrog5

After reading this, I must not know what "charging" a person is cause I really don't see Boykin charging anyone. And no police should not be throwing the first punch. If Boykin was that uncontrollable then he would have been tased. Boykin obviously has a lot of fault here but the bar and the cop do as well

frognutz

Hoosierfrog said:

Nobody is excusing his actions about breaking team rules and the subsequent suspension.  The fact of the matter is he is family and people are mystified about the allegations against him at this bar.  When looking at the tape, the pieces come together about how this actually came down.

You can't look at that video and just say "Well, he shouldn't have been there anyway, so scheiss it."

ifrog

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
Actually they don't give a [Craig James] who you are. The cop actually did the most non aggressive move to keep a non rationale drunk human away from him. Normally cops will taser or shoot someone if they believe someone is bowing up to them.

Again if you don't want to be arrested then respect the police and do has you're told. Simple [Craig James], fighting or even touching a cop is not ever considered normal or appropriate for any race. I can't believe some people are trying to make justifications for his actions after he was thrown out, punched out or kicked out.
So the most non aggressive move is to throw a punch to the face? Is that how they train police officers?

Look I'm not trying to justify what he did so get off your high horse. but after watching the video I can see why it escalated. Boykin was in the wrong but the choke hold by the fat loser and the punch to the face escalated the situation

And it appears that you were trying to respond to someone else. I didn't bring up race or Trevones star status

ifrog said:
So the most non aggressive move is to throw a punch to the face? Is that how they train police officers?

Look I'm not trying to justify what he did so get off your high horse. but after watching the video I can see why it escalated. Boykin was in the wrong but the choke hold by the fat loser and the punch to the face escalated the situation

And it appears that you were trying to respond to someone else. I didn't bring up race or Trevones star status
According to ol' George the cop had 3 choices, punch TB in the face, taser TB, or shoot and kill TB.

George isn't a dumbass though...

SnoSki

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
If a cop takes 3-4 steps towards you and punches first, you're not allowed to punch back? Boykin didn't bow up to the cop, as you put it. The cop takes steps towards TB and then punches first. That matters, IMO.

FrogSwagSurfin

MrMcgibblets said:
Cops shouldn't be throwing punches.
Actually if they feel threatened they are supposed use the least deadly force possible which is punching, then a baton, then pepper spray, then a teaser and finally deadly force. My cousin is a cop in Florida and that is the text book protocol.

SnoSki

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
Actually if they feel threatened they are supposed use the least deadly force possible which is punching, then a baton, then pepper spray, then a teaser and finally deadly force. My cousin is a cop in Florida and that is the text book protocol.
What in the video would make the cop feel threatened? He approached Boykin, not the other way around.

FrogSwagSurfin

ifrog said:

The choke hold wasn't the cop and yes that is how cops are trained to marginalized an aggressive person with the least amount of damage to either party.

With Tre being so elusive I'm surprised he wasn't able to get away.