• The KillerFrogs

Boykin Arrested after bar fight - swings at cop

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
Actually if they feel threatened they are supposed use the least deadly force possible which is punching, then a baton, then pepper spray, then a teaser and finally deadly force. My cousin is a cop in Florida and that is the text book protocol.
If the cop felt threatened he needs to find a new profession. I don't give a damn who your cousin is.

FrogSwagSurfin

SnoSki said:
What in the video would make the cop feel threatened? He approached Boykin, not the other way around.
I don't know what the cop felt, I'm just saying they always feel threatened. Everyone feels threatens by a cop so that's why you abide by the rules and laws. Everything goes out the window when you've been in a fight. They will detain or arrest both parties to neutralize the situation and let the lawyers and judges figure it out.

jake102

SnoSki said:
What in the video would make the cop feel threatened? He approached Boykin, not the other way around.
What video did you watch? Boykin was on the ground level for 10-15 seconds and was moving away from the scene. Cops were standing about 10 yards away, suddenly one cop turns as Boykin approaches the group of them.

You can debate whether him swinging was necessary but Boykin certainly approached the group and he had 10-15 seconds to walk away prior to that.

I think the video will get all charges except PI dropped but Boykin certainly isn't in the clear.

On a side note, all those bouncers should be fired. They aren't police

FrogSwagSurfin

MrMcgibblets said:
If the cop felt threatened he needs to find a new profession. I don't give a damn who your cousin is.
I'm just telling you what the by the book training teaches them.They physical have to restrain individuals everyday amd they've seen and experienced calm situations turn violent, cops are always on guard. I'm not saying cops don't instigate situations but drunk people are unpredictable and don't make normal decisions. TB wasn't shot, beat up or tazed nor appeared to be injured so the physical arrest was handled by the book.

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
I'm just telling you what the by the book training teaches them.They physical have to restrain individuals everyday amd they've seen and experienced calm situations turn violent, cops are always on guard. I'm not saying cops don't instigate situations but drunk people are unpredictable and don't make normal decisions. TB wasn't shot, beat up or tazed nor appeared to be injured so the physical arrest was handled by the book.
Punching in the face isn't by the book.

SnoSki

Jake102 said:
What video did you watch? Boykin was on the ground level for 10-15 seconds and was moving away from the scene. Cops were standing about 10 yards away, suddenly one cop turns as Boykin approaches the group of them.

You can debate whether him swinging was necessary but Boykin certainly approached the group and he had 10-15 seconds to walk away prior to that.

I think the video will get all charges except PI dropped but Boykin certainly isn't in the clear.

On a side note, all those bouncers should be fired. They aren't police
What video did YOU watch? Once the cop is highlighted in the video, watch the direction of his steps. They move TOWARD Trevone, not away from him, and follow with a punch.

It looks to me like TB is trying to go around the cop in question (1:09 mark) and the cop takes 3-4 steps towards TB and then punches him. TB doesn't step directly towards the officer.

CountryFrog

How else would a season like this end? Everything that's gone wrong since McFarland v. sprinkler head all the way up to the Patty O fiasco. This is just our 2015 season.

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
Actually if they feel threatened they are supposed use the least deadly force possible which is punching, then a baton, then pepper spray, then a teaser and finally deadly force. My cousin is a cop in Florida and that is the text book protocol.
Haha...Florida cops are so bad they need out of shape guys like George Zimmerman to patrol the skreets.

AroundWorldFrog

Hoosierfrog said:
I would wager that cop had no idea who he was.

The only one playing the victim card here are those somehow trying to defend the actions of someone who broke curfew, betrayed his teammates-school-parent, got drunk and disorderly, became violent enough to have to be physically removed from a bar he wasn't supposed to be in, was dragged away and yet returns to confront police.

So it is your defense that the city of SA is supposed to excuse this behavior because of economics, tourism, celebrity etc?
You know what? It doesn't matter if he went out, broke curfew and pissed in your face. He didn't deserve that. And the fat dude that choked him went outside and went after him again. Watch the video closely. Everything appeared calmed down then you see the fat bouncer go down the left side of the stairs out to where Boykin was and it started up again.

AroundWorldFrog

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
I'd be really pissed if a cop tried to use a teaser on me. That's just sick.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
AroundWorldFrog said:
You know what? It doesn't matter if he went out, broke curfew and pissed in your face. He didn't deserve that. And the fat dude that choked him went outside and went after him again. Watch the video closely. Everything appeared calmed down then you see the fat bouncer go down the left side of the stairs out to where Boykin was and it started up again.
And if he had just left and not come back?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
MrMcgibblets said:
Try going on a FWPD ride along on the north side sometime. Walk a mile before telling someone how to do do their job.

A bunch of black ministers were invited to go thru a police shooting training after Ferguson, those who did it all ended up shooting someone. They had a different version of the job after.

One of several-http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/1382363-story