• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Understandable. A little context would have helped.

I really wasn't talking about people like you, who are just reacting cautiously to a potential danger. I was talking about people who go into a daze at a red light or become so absorbed in their phone, they never notice when the light changes.
I was more so going for the "Baylor people suck" factor than explaining the entire scenario mainly because I assumed (wrongly) people reading would be less concerned about the reason for the delay than they would be for the reaction by the Baylor dork.

That was a long sentence.

SwissArmyFrog

"Watch out for anyone with the middle name 'Lee' ".

According to a segment on "The Ticket," the 3 most common jail/prison names are

- Wayne

- Lee

- Ray

When used as a first or middle name only, I'm guessing.

netty2424

"Watch out for anyone with the middle name 'Lee' ".

According to a segment on "The Ticket," the 3 most common jail/prison names are

- Wayne

- Lee

- Ray

When used as a first or middle name only, I'm guessing.
Funny tidbit, but unfortunately my middle name is one of those three passed down as a family name. Due to that segment on the ticket, we didn't pass that name down to my newborn son! Wanted to give him a better chance of the non-serial killer life!

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Funny tidbit, but unfortunately my middle name is one of those three passed down as a family name. Due to that segment on the ticket, we didn't pass that name down to my newborn son! Wanted to give him a better chance of the non-serial killer life!

So, you related to Robert E. Lee, or John Wayne?

Deep Purple

There is a difference between being the first guy in line at a red light and counting to 3 before going into the intersection - and being the 5th guy in line and not going immediately when the car in front of you goes.
I've been the third guy in line and missed the light because it was on a short cycle and the lead guy hesitated so long that, instead of five cars getting the green, only two did. In most of those situations, the cars in my lane were shielded from potential red light-runners by cars in other lanes either proceeding straight through the intersection or turning left or right. The lead guy in my lane just had his attention on other things instead of his driving.

I know it's anecdotal, but in my personal experience, this is far more common than a lead driver hesitating because of a potentially dangerous threat from cross-traffic. It's usually considered a good thing to be considerate of other drivers. People like this aren't being considerate. They're just distracted drivers.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I've been the third guy in line and missed the light because it was on a short cycle and the lead guy hesitated so long that, instead of five cars getting the green, only two did. In most of those situations, the cars in my lane were shielded from potential red light-runners by cars in other lanes either proceeding straight through the intersection or turning left or right. The lead guy in my lane just had his attention on other things instead of his driving.

I know it's anecdotal, but in my personal experience, this is far more common than a lead driver hesitating because of a potentially dangerous threat from cross-traffic. It's usually considered a good thing to be considerate of other drivers. People like this aren't being considerate. They're just distracted drivers.
It's just a few short minutes of an otherwise rewarding life. Sit back. Enjoy some good music. Let it all go. Our time here is too short.