• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

FROG PARENTS 1961

Special class at 20 recruits right now. Just top off this class with Coburn Chase Marshall Waddle & Allen. And flip Jordan Moore from A&M if anybody lost. Wake me up if this dream comes true. In any case we got to love the push on some of these and a few other solid players at RB that will make this class very special.
Did Ar'Darius read this message on Killer Frogs? I bet he did. And maybe he be dreaming of being a part of something big here

No shame in losing top recruits to Alabama! Good thing they can't take them all there is tons of leftovers for everyone else. I would give my left nut to see what GP could do with Alabama's talent can you just imagine?

MinFrog

Really looking forward to how this class closes. Again, we have setup a really nice base and can spend the time targeting a few elite players to round out the class.

If we can close with a top300 RB and LB I will have no complaints at all about the class.

They say results on the field show up one year later, so this season should pay serious dividends for the 2019 class.

I am assuming he would do what Alabama has done?

saban is a great coach as well.

I think GP runs a unique defense and his would be better than Saban's more traditional defense. Especially when it comes to stopping spread offenses. Stopping SEC teams that run the ball every play doesn't seem that difficult to me. I think the way recruiting is going and trending up we might just see this sooner than we think. GO FROGS.

FrogLifeYo

Really looking forward to how this class closes. Again, we have setup a really nice base and can spend the time targeting a few elite players to round out the class.

If we can close with a top300 RB and LB I will have no complaints at all about the class.

They say results on the field show up one year later, so this season should pay serious dividends for the 2019 class.

Yah...RB and LB are positions that really need to be addressed in this class..LB is critical as it looks like we are going to be converting some safeties again...While we have had great luck doing that. I'd love to have some talent that doesn't have to be converted.

Wexahu

Stopping SEC teams that run the ball every play doesn't seem that difficult to me.

That's pretty much a myth. Outside of maybe Alabama and LSU, I don't think there's one SEC team left that lines up in a pro set and just runs it most of the time. And both Bama and LSU have been getting away from that.

NYCfrog

That's pretty much a myth. Outside of maybe Alabama and LSU, I don't think there's one SEC team left that lines up in a pro set and just runs it most of the time. And both Bama and LSU have been getting away from that.

I mean, UGA ran it 71% of the time, with a pro set. And only Ole Miss threw it more than ran it. Every play is hyperbolic, but you're looking at around 2/3 run. Saying that's easy to stop, however, is pretty ridiculous.

Moose Stuff

Yah...RB and LB are positions that really need to be addressed in this class..LB is critical as it looks like we are going to be converting some safeties again...While we have had great luck doing that. I'd love to have some talent that doesn't have to be converted.

We already have a really good one in this class. Agree we could use another.