• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

Peacefrog

Degenerate
If you believe some of the posters on here, he never had a committable offer. I think it is a loss for TCU... this kid is a speedster with great hands. All indications are that it is Tech.
If the team made 15 offers to WRs, and all decided to choose TCU, do you think it would be prudent to accept all those commitments? Of course not. Odds are he waited too long and others filled his spot.

TCU_backer

So inform me then. Tell me exactly what happened. No rumors. Not your opinion. Exactly what the coaches did or didn't do to secure his commitment.

Facts:
  • TCU was his dream school and he had been working hard for an offer
  • Based on information he had received, did not think he was going to get a TCU offer and accepted an offer from Iowa State on 4/24
  • TCU extends an offer on 5/22
  • Wants to decommit from Iowa State and commit to TCU
  • TCU coaches asked him to hold (TCU coaches thought they were landing two WR recruits ranked higher)
  • Texas Tech and Illinois extend offers shortly after TCU, and put the full court press on
  • Decommits from Iowa State on 7/5
  • TCU begins to pursue Galban again, but he feels played by TCU and the process
  • Tech becomes the leader
You can confirm this with his Mom Kim if you don't want to take my word.

We all know TCU felt they were going to land a few top WR recruits (specifically Chase and Chapman), and those did not materialize. I don't have any hate against our coaching staff... I just said this was a loss for us because the kid was good. It does frustrate me when people post generalized comments on message boards about a kid they know nothing about.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Facts:
  • Based on information he had received, did not think he was going to get a TCU offer and accepted an offer from Iowa State on 4/24
  • TCU coaches asked him to hold (TCU coaches thought they were landing two WR recruits ranked higher)
  • Texas Tech and Illinois extend offers shortly after TCU, and put the full court press on

We all know TCU felt they were going to land a few top WR recruits (specifically Chase and Chapman), and those did not materialize. I don't have any hate against our coaching staff... I just said this was a loss for us because the kid was good. It does frustrate me when people post generalized comments on message boards about a kid they know nothing about.
And this happens at most every big time program. It sucks and it's unfortunate but schools can't take everyone. It just seems like you take this one personally.

For the record, my "generalized comment" is a much shorter version of what you just described. Not sure why you take such offense to it.

YA

It's like chasing girls. You might not get her at first and she takes her time. If the guy really wanted TCU and it was his "dream school" then he would take the offer, sort of like the girl that finally came around. His little ego was shattered and he got his feelings hurt. Welcome to adulthood son. Man up or move on and don't be a B. Mayfield.

Boy we've got a lot of thin skins around here lately. There are no insider-knowledge requirement for membership on this board. We post based on very limited information, most of us, just like every other sports board in existence. Situation outlined above is not unusual, and could easily have resulted through multiple scenarios.

It just seems like we've got a boatload of people right now who would much rather beat up on their Frog brothers and sisters than enjoy a little harmless speculation. The message that's being sent is very clearly, "you can't post about anything unless you have expert, personal inside information on the situation, so butt out."

Sorry. That's not what message boards are all about. If you have good information, share it, but in its absence nature abhors a vacuum and speculation will persist.

Moose Stuff

Facts:

Tough break kid. That's how recruiting goes.

TCU_backer

And this happens at most every big time program. It sucks and it's unfortunate but schools can't take everyone. It just seems like you take this one personally.

For the record, my "generalized comment" is a much shorter version of what you just described. Not sure why you take such offense to it.

Fair... It is also important to note that TCU has offered 27 WR for 2018; and we have two committments (strong players) and the balance we have targeted look to be going to other schools. Originally, we were expected to take four (4) WRs in this class.

ScottPatrick

Coaches searching high and low for potential DTs in this class and they may find one just a few miles away from campus:

Kevin Nelson 6-3/290 Fort Worth (Arlington Heights) offers inc AZSt and SDSU

Recruiting starting to increase for him as his name is finally getting around, played one season for varsity at AHHS

YA

Coaches searching high and low for potential DTs in this class and they may find one just a few miles away from campus:

Kevin Nelson 6-3/290 Fort Worth (Arlington Heights) offers inc AZSt and SDSU

Recruiting starting to increase for him as his name is finally getting around, played one season for varsity at AHHS

Some coaches at Arlington heights don't like TCU for some reason. Especially one coach who negative recruits TCU any chance he can. I mean hard negative recruiting.

ScottPatrick

Some coaches at Arlington heights don't like TCU for some reason. Especially one coach who negative recruits TCU any chance he can. I mean hard negative recruiting.

Probably why the guy in the middle never gets to play....

ClplSx-VEAE54Bv.jpg

Also Ares Fritzenwallner 6-3/290 OT at Heights getting some looks.