• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Seals Jones' dad said lots of schools offered 6 figures, but they chose aTm because they didn't want any part of that...
Jpi9CvA.gif

Peacefrog

Degenerate
They specifically singled us out. They didn't care if he went anywhere else.
Other than the entire SEC, of course.

He was 2nd in the depth chart and Orgeron is on record saying he has a spot at LSU if he wants to come back. Doesn't seem like they didn't care at all. At least that's my interpretation.

SportsJunkie

Facts:
  • TCU was his dream school and he had been working hard for an offer
  • Based on information he had received, did not think he was going to get a TCU offer and accepted an offer from Iowa State on 4/24
  • TCU extends an offer on 5/22
  • Wants to decommit from Iowa State and commit to TCU
  • TCU coaches asked him to hold (TCU coaches thought they were landing two WR recruits ranked higher)
  • Texas Tech and Illinois extend offers shortly after TCU, and put the full court press on
  • Decommits from Iowa State on 7/5
  • TCU begins to pursue Galban again, but he feels played by TCU and the process
  • Tech becomes the leader
You can confirm this with his Mom Kim if you don't want to take my word.

We all know TCU felt they were going to land a few top WR recruits (specifically Chase and Chapman), and those did not materialize. I don't have any hate against our coaching staff... I just said this was a loss for us because the kid was good. It does frustrate me when people post generalized comments on message boards about a kid they know nothing about.
Maybe he'll handle it better than Baker Mayfield did

TX_Krötenechse

I already said it was just a vibe that we weren't as high on him. Take it or leave it as you please. That's what happens on message boards.

I just want a reason for the vibe. He was on LSU's 2-deep this season, so it's not like he was some washout that they were happy to get rid of. He's been all TCU. And he hasn't started playing at JUCO yet so you can't say his game performance has been bad.

So what gives?

ScottPatrick

Just based upon recent/past history if we NEVER sign another kid from FWISD/All Saints or a Juco Olineman...Id be thrilled. Seems like 90% at least are busts.

Jason Goss is about the only one I remember ever panning out since 1990.

Dylan Thomas on the depth chart as RS freshman, huge JUCO OL commit will most likely sign this year as will Williw Allen most likely. Basically you ain't getting your wish.

LSU Game Attendee

After gold Trans Ams proved ineffective, FedEx became the medium through which the ags executed payroll for their professional wrecking crew teams. I assume the Ag HR department has since evolved into traditional bagman operations and "#WRTS" type transactions to compensate their prospects these days.

ScottPatrick

After gold Trans Ams proved ineffective, FedEx became the medium through which the ags executed payroll for their professional wrecking crew teams. I assume the Ag HR department has since evolved into traditional bagman operations and "#WRTS" type transactions to compensate their prospects these days.

Emory not FedEx...

ScottPatrick

Saw at least 1 depth chart following spring that Iwuagwu was listed # 1 at LG and 318 lbs.... Is he hurt or what.

Not sure where you would have seen that unless it was from DieHards. LG has always been either Morris or Schlottmann and RG Pryor. When Pryor was moved to RT in the fall with Niang out Cordel sometimes ran with the ones don't think they ever ran him on the left.