• The KillerFrogs

2017 College World Series Thread

TCURiggs

Third-ever 50-win season.
Should have a final ranking of #4 (1/2 UF/LSU, 3 OSU, 4 TCU, 5 UL, 6 FSU).

TCU will eventually break through. Schloss is young and has near unlimited energy and resources. What a fun run the last 4 years have been. Hope to make it 5 straight trips to Omaha next year.

Pretty good for an average team without it's best hitter.

Great season for the Frogs. Gotta tip your cap to Faedo... he owned us.

TCUdirtbag

It comes down to this: If you want to be national champions you have to be able find a way to eek out a few runs against elite pitchers.

TCU had a great season, especially considering the loss of Luken Baker. But 0 runs in two games against Feado means you don't deserve to be national champions. Sorry.

This is just wrong. Frogs don't deserve to be national champs because they were eliminated in a double-elimination Tournament and didn't make the finals. Baseball is a team sport and teams have pitching staffs. Saying one team doesn't "deserve" to be a champ because they can't figure out ONE pitcher is the pinnacle of not understanding baseball. I'm sure you can look at all levels of baseball and find champions that couldn't beat particular starting pitchers. One great pitcher isn't an entire team.

Boomhauer

Proud of the team for fighting to get this far. But this [ farging ] sucks. Year after year we just can't quite climb the mountain. Starting to feel like it's not gonna happen. This was the team to do it. Everything was set up for this year, and we still couldn't do it. We should be very good on the mound next year, but we have to replace nearly every position player.

Last year was the year to do it at 2-0. I still say we were the better team.

Pharm Frog

This is just wrong. Frogs don't deserve to be national champs because they were eliminated in a double-elimination Tournament and didn't make the finals. Baseball is a team sport and teams have pitching staffs. Saying one team doesn't "deserve" to be a champ because they can't figure out ONE pitcher is the pinnacle of not understanding baseball.

IMO he's right in a way but perhaps for the wrong reason. I think baseball is a game much more suited for series play than tournament play. If you are eliminated by one pitcher in a double elimination tournament, that's kind of unfortunate for the way baseball is best played. Just my opinion. I don't like this format (I do like the final series concept)

OmniscienceFrog

It comes down to this: If you want to be national champions you have to be able find a way to eek out a few runs against elite pitchers.

Yep. These guys exceeded my expectations, based on the last 2/3's of the regular season. Really wasn't sure they would make it through the regionals, but the post season Brian Howard showed up again. Gonna miss that guy's June's.

Ron Swanson

Pretty good for an average team without it's best hitter.

Great season for the Frogs
Yep

This team went 8-2 in the postseason and beat every team we played with the exception of Florida when Faedo started.

Great run, incredible performance by our pitching staff... proud of this team

All you negative (w)ussies with commentary about how we suck at this and should try to do to that instead and how we need more fire can go scheiss your own asses. This team just battled multiple injuries and made the final four for the 2nd year in a row.

Hell of an effort