• The KillerFrogs

2017 College World Series Thread

Pharm Frog

I hate that JJ went out with back-to-back losses in Omaha. He didn't pitch all that well in game 1, but he was great tonight. Once again, we just ran into a buzzsaw.

He received precisely zero run support in two games. I thought he pitched well in both games and better tonight for sure. Some of that due to G1 ump. He was destined to lose those games and other than throwing extra inning shutouts there was nothing he could do about it. Do feel bad for the kid.

OmniscienceFrog

IMO he's right in a way but perhaps for the wrong reason. I think baseball is a game much more suited for series play than tournament play. If you are eliminated by one pitcher in a double elimination tournament, that's kind of unfortunate for the way baseball is best played. Just my opinion. I don't like this format (I do like the final series concept)

True. Would love to see the CWS be all 3-game best of series', and it could technically be done, but the logistics wouldn't really work.

LisaLT

Florida will get smoked in the finals. We seem to get paired with the one team that can beat us every year. Maybe not the champ but they have a pitcher that has our number.

Just need to keep going to Omaha every year and luck will fall our way.

Thank you Frogs for making baseball matter.
lol imagine how A & M feels

Frogs1983

Hate like Hell Frogs lost, but really proud that they got this far w/o their best Offensive player after mid-May. Schloss and team again represented TCU with class while in Omaha. I know most (myself definitely included got frustrated with the team during the game. Some of us are not getting any younger and would like to see some TCU National Championships before we bite the dust).That being said, very disappointed with the result but extremely proud of the team .Go Frogs!

Purp

Yep. Told my wife that he just had our number. His stuff was our criptonite.
I don't agree tonight. He gave us plenty of opportunities tonight, especially early on. We waved at a lot of pitches that had nothing to do with his stuff and would have put runners on base instead of batters in the dugout. He made a lot of bad pitches tonight and we bailed him out.

This where I think Luken would have made a huge difference bc we had too many guys pressing bc they didn't seem confident anyone else would step up. I think Luken would relieve some of that pressure and we'd have swung at fewer of those bad pitches.

He's certainly an excellent pitcher, but if we faced him again with the same stuff he had tonight I think we beat him more often than we lose even without LB. They got some fortunate bounces and we got some balls melted right at gloves. It happens in baseball and sucks it had to happen tonight.

Pharm Frog

I don't agree tonight. He gave us plenty of opportunities tonight, especially early on. We waved at a lot of pitches that had nothing to do with his stuff and would have put runners on base instead of batters in the dugout. He made a lot of bad pitches tonight and we bailed him out.

This where I think Luken would have made a huge difference bc we had too many guys pressing bc they didn't seem confident anyone else would step up. I think Luken would relieve some of that pressure and we'd have swung at fewer of those bad pitches.

He's certainly an excellent pitcher, but if we faced him again with the same stuff he had tonight I think we beat him more often than we lose even without LB. They got some fortunate bounces and we got some balls melted right at gloves. It happens in baseball and sucks it had to happen tonight.

Agree with almost all of this. Where I disagree is that I think they'd have just pitched around Baker and still forced the rest of the team to produce. Having him up in the 8th would have been real nice though.

LeisureFrog

That 8th inning moment was divinely intended for Baker. OU interfered with destiny. They are already experiencing the fallout from messing with destiny. Stoops gone. What's next? Expect a long year for the Sooner Nation.

Simply put, blame OU.