• The KillerFrogs

Oh boy..... this is gonna go over REAL well

Eight

[QUOTE="Eight, post: 2553882, member: 733

seriously, isn't advertising nothing more than hammering a message enough times until people accept what you take as fact

The media also follows this formula.[/QUOTE]

basically the same thing anymore aren't they? selling viewpoints to the highest bidder

cheese83

Brewster is like 3/4ths of college coaches, they don't understand how Twitter works. What a dumb ass, bro all Tweets are saved unless deleted.

The best was one of the replies by a recruit who isn't even on campus yet. Talking about how he chose the Ags because they take care of each other and it's a real family. They just brought in a totally new coaching staff after firing the old one who wasn't that bad. Jimbo can't even win the ACC consistently with a cupcake schedule, good luck running the SEC West gauntlet pal! He's been Clemson's whipping boy the last few years and has had 2 and 3 loss conference seasons with loaded rosters. Losing to Louisville, Clemson, Ga Tech, North Carolina, and then UH in a bowl game.

It's going to be a tough run for A&M this year with a new pro style offense minus the high quality pro style QB.

Wexahu

How can anyone on here seriously argue that the SEC isn’t better?

ESPN says it is so and so it must be!

For an example, go to NCAA sports under their index and click on NCAA Baseball opening weekend.

The SEC is better in football, and probably baseball too although I don't follow that nearly as close. So what? The Big 12 is a good conference, plenty good enough to where they don't need to take any drastic measures or change anything. We compete just fine.

Moose Stuff

I totally agree the SEC is better I just think this guy is a total dipshit and it’s hysterical that he has no idea that he’s selling his conference because he can’t sell his program. This will backfire. Some of you probably won’t like my observation here, but the elite kids in Texas don’t prefer to play in the SEC, they prefer to play for UT. This guy just gave UT (and the rest of the Big 12) something to unite around that won’t result in anything positive for the Ags IMO.

Wexahu

Alabama is good. The rest of the SEC is no better than any other P5 conference.

Take every conference’s best team away from them and the SEC is still the best. The Big 12 without OU would be a pretty [ Finebaum ]ty league, as would be the ACC without Clemson and the Big 10 without Ohio State. The SECs biggest advantage over the other leagues is that their middle and bottom tiers are far stronger on average than other leagues IMO.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Take every conference’s best team away from them and the SEC is still the best. The Big 12 without OU would be a pretty [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty league, as would be the ACC without Clemson and the Big 10 without Ohio State. The SECs biggest advantage over the other leagues is that their middle and bottom tiers are far stronger on average than other leagues IMO.
giphy.gif

netty2424

Take every conference’s best team away from them and the SEC is still the best. The Big 12 without OU would be a pretty [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty league, as would be the ACC without Clemson and the Big 10 without Ohio State. The SECs biggest advantage over the other leagues is that their middle and bottom tiers are far stronger on average than other leagues IMO.
You forgot about Texas. In case you haven't heard, THEY'RE BACK FOLKS!!

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Yeah... I don't think it's quite as clear as you make it. I don't see it as established fact that Arky or Vandy are any better than KU or BU, or that a middling Missouri is better than WVU for example. If you recall, that middling Missouri team lost to a mediocre UT team.

Atomic Frawg

I'm not willing to concede that the SEC is a top-to-bottom better conference than the B12. We finished the season with four teams either ranked or receiving votes (.40), and the SEC had six teams (.42). If we had split divisions we would likely have more teams ranked because we wouldn't keep knocking each other back. The round-robin absolutely hurts rankings. Also, the SEC went 5-6 in bowl games, while we went 5-3. I don't see anything that says they are unequivocally better other than reputation.

Wexahu

Yeah... I don't think it's quite as clear as you make it. I don't see it as established fact that Arky or Vandy are any better than KU or BU, or that a middling Missouri is better than WVU for example. If you recall, that middling Missouri team lost to a mediocre UT team.

I don’t consider Missouri the middle of the SEC, more towards the bottom. If we’re using the fact that UT beat Missouri as some sort of gauge that the Big 12 is almost as good as the SEC, that’s not saying much. The programs like LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Florida, A&M and Tennessee are on a whole superior to Texas Tech, Texas, TCU, Okie State, Kansas State and West Virginia. I’m not sure how that can really be debated.

Sebastian S

Besides recruiting, I put TCU above all those schools except LSU and maybe Auburn.

Georgia just recently became good.

Texas Tech just [ Finebaum ] the bed in football. I think Baylor has a brighter football future than Tech.

Texas shouldn't stay down for long. If they do stay down, I won't be upset.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I don’t consider Missouri the middle of the SEC, more towards the bottom. If we’re using the fact that UT beat Missouri as some sort of gauge that the Big 12 is almost as good as the SEC, that’s not saying much. The programs like LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Florida, A&M and Tennessee are on a whole superior to Texas Tech, Texas, TCU, Okie State, Kansas State and West Virginia. I’m not sure how that can really be debated.
I was with you right up until you included Aggy.

Eight

wait, a&m is a superior program to texas? aside from being in the sec exactly what has a&m done to merit that designation?

texas has pissed away a load of talent and i can't stand mensa, but texas has won and played for another nc this century and during their time in the big 12 a&m won 1 conference title back in the early days of the conference.

Last edited: