• The KillerFrogs

Kansas vs TCU game thread

notyalc

Probably not winning championships, but the track record for NIT champs is usually a solid tourney team the next year.

N.I.T. Winners Seldom Follow Up With N.C.A.A. Tournament Success

Is it true that an N.I.T. title is a jumping-off point to N.C.A.A. success? Not really.

Of the last 20 N.I.T. winners, 10 made the step to the N.C.A.A. tournament the next year. But most were only middle-ish seeds: Aside from Michigan, seeded third in 1998, no N.I.T. winner was seeded better than fifth; the median seed was seven.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/03/...m-follow-up-with-ncaa-tournament-success.html

Christcu

N.I.T. Winners Seldom Follow Up With N.C.A.A. Tournament Success

Is it true that an N.I.T. title is a jumping-off point to N.C.A.A. success? Not really.

Of the last 20 N.I.T. winners, 10 made the step to the N.C.A.A. tournament the next year. But most were only middle-ish seeds: Aside from Michigan, seeded third in 1998, no N.I.T. winner was seeded better than fifth; the median seed was seven.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/03/...m-follow-up-with-ncaa-tournament-success.html

Big Frog II

Our FT shooting tonight was unreal. Where we lost was our shooting from the 3 point line vs theirs, 33% to 50%. That made all the difference in the game.

Frogcrates

The game wasn’t a total loss...

31556FC8CF584A16A05C4CA2D371D6B9.gif

Pharm Frog

I'd like to know how other teams have fared. A couple of friends who are SEC basketball fans who have been watching TCU and Big 12 games lately have complained after every game about the number of fouls called and the pace of play. They can't believe how frequently refs blow the whistle on tacky fouls, especially in favor of certain guards. I think it's a valid criticism, but I wonder how the data looks.

Back of envelope calculations quickly surveying 16 Big 12 games to date:

Average fouls per game: 39.9
High = 48 (twice - WVU v OSU and OSU v ISU)
Low = 27 (once - BU v UT)

Frogs have seen 45, 47, and 41 fouls called in their Big 12 games

ThisIsOurTime

We are definitely an improved team from last year who I feel will be competitive in most every game on the schedule. For example, this game last year, we do not make a run to tie back up the game.

But the games with OU and Kansas show we still have a ways to go with getting consistent defensive stops and we are still trying to figure out how to close games on the offensive end. Although maybe Williams just ran out of gas tonight at the end. Have to keep working on developing that killer instinct.

Let it also be said this team is improving on certain mistakes and learning. I see improved play from even a week ago and so there is a lot to be positive about.

But the biggest mental obstacle for the team is it lacks a certain grittiness. Perhaps that is because of a lack of confidence or experience in close games but the determination to win games seems lacking at times. There are stretches in the game where the focus just isn't there like you would hope.

Maybe the team needs a guy who will get on everyone's case and make sure they stay focused. Or maybe we just are lacking a nice defensive sparkplug that can help shore up some of our limitations. I feel like the answer will be more than Xs and Os.

flyfishingfrog

Okay, name any other player on the team shooting better than 15% from 3 point land. AR sucks from both the 3 point line and FT line. It's a complete demoralizer for a basketball team. I can't understand why CJD doesn't shut him down from shooting from outside.
Didn’t say Arob was good shooting, just not sure Vlad is the answer right now although his second half was a Tom better once he stopped being a wimp and crashed the boards

Need to get Bane more involved probably

TCUWIN

We are light years ahead of where we were two years ago...Dixon knows what he doing. Might take a bit more time, but the direction is spot on. Go Frogballers!
The fact we are disappointed is a great deal. We are 1-2 in the best conference (with the worst refs) and have been out scored a total of 3 or something like that is crazy compared to where we were two years ago. But I am not a moral
Victory fan. The Frogs need to decide to play defense and do the little things to win these close games.

Bizarro Frog

I am sorry the Frogs lost but that was an incredible atmosphere and game. We have a really good team but we play in an insanely good conference. Pretty sure every conference game is going to be a dog fight. If we get in the Big Dance the first 2 rounds will probably be easier than any 2 conference games in a row.

Go Frogs!!!!!

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I bet this thread was fun. KU shot lights out and won by 4. We are closer to them in their sport then they are to us in ours. They should be looking over their shoulders. It's coming.

And their fans are annoying as darn. Please for the love of all that is holy if you have tickets and don't plan to use them please sell them to Frogs only. I can't take another game being surrounded by arrogant basketball guy, terrible KU basketball NASCAR jacket guy, and old condescending KU lady guy that should have been in bed.

y2kFrog

Help me out here. What are you seeing? Not debating. My eyesight just isn't as acute apparently.

We are doing a good job of adjusting and battling back, but when you spot the other team a double digit lead it makes life to hard. OU scored the first 11 and KU was up 22-8.

TCUWIN

I know there is a thread somewhere, but can anyone definitively tell us how the red shirts and incoming freshmen stack up. I know it is a good group, but how good?