• The KillerFrogs

Kansas vs TCU game thread

TCUWIN

The announcers and studio guys talk about how athletic we are but yet we look slower than every conference team we've played so far.

FrogLifeYo

We're almost there folks. This team has talent and they'll win a lot of games, but we're just not experienced enough to in the tight spots to take that next step. Hopefully we develop that as the season goes on.
This team returned as much experience as any team in College Hoops. If the seniors don't start leading now it likely wont happen..The schedule doesn' get any easier.

berryfrog95

we had KW go beast mode, then got the game tied and let their guy run the show (just like OU game) sit at the free throw line as we jacked up Ill advised 3-pointers, what a waste.....

TCUWIN

Positive is we shoot like crap, they shoot 50% and we lose by 4. If we continue to shoot FTs like that we will win some games. We won’t shoot that poorly very many times
The Frogs were 20-21 from the line tonight, I believe. We have to get clicking from outside like we were earlier in the year. And play some defense.

Pharm Frog

Positive is we shoot like crap, they shoot 50% and we lose by 4. If we continue to shoot FTs like that we will win some games. We won’t shoot that poorly very many times

Trends also say that we won’t shoot FTs as well as we did tonight very often. And defense should not be much of a variable

Froggy Style

Just don’t see it this year. I think we will have a ton of close losses. KU, WVU, OU, and Tech - 8 losses right there.
We are actually a great team and were last year as well. Vlad is a monster and shoots 50-60% and yet we allow a PG to shoot 15% from three point land, not to mention JD doing the same when he is a power forward. It has become freaking ridiculous, Vlad should be touching the ball so much more and these other two jokers should be banned from taking threes.

MTfrog5

we had KW go beast mode, then got the game tied and let their guy run the show (just like OU game) sit at the free throw line as we jacked up Ill advised 3-pointers, what a waste.....
KW missing a WIDE OPEN three to put us up 3 hurt. I would call that ill advised. Arob you could call that and then we get the rebound and miss another wide open look. Those are shots we have to make. Last year we beat Kansas at home if we hit our uncontested shots too

TCUWIN

I don’t feel like we’re any more than just an average team from an athletic standpoint. In this conference perhaps below average.
I would agree with that 100%. Honest question, are they trying to build Kansas up or the conference or , dare I say, build up TCU's resume?

TCUWIN

We look tentative and unsure. That negates a lot of athleticism. Vlad is not our best example of athleticism and it shows up a lot.
Especially on defense. Our guys look like they are unsure if they should stay low and keep that pass from happening or get out quick to
contest a wide open 3. Not a lot of help on defense at all.

FrogLifeYo

I get it...I sound to negative for you...If we started the Big 12 slate like this last year I would have been ecstatic. This year we were NIT champs returning our top 6 players and some key additions. My negativity is just my disappointment showing...We'll get better but just about every Big 12 team (outside ISU, Bay) got significantly better...We have not been significantly better yet