• The KillerFrogs

Hoops Thread: Frogs vs Sooners

CountryFrog

My only complaint with the officiating were the 2 or 3 calls they gave Young 40 feet from the basket when he's swinging his arms into the defenders body and then they call a foul on the defense. He's clearly the one initiating the contact and doing it with an unnatural basketball movement.

I don't think I've ever seen a college player actually get that call. Even the NBA is trying to get that out of the game because it just leads to free throws in situations where the offensive player isn't even trying to make an actual basketball play.

Horny4TCU

My only complaint with the officiating were the 2 or 3 calls they gave Young 40 feet from the basket when he's swinging his arms into the defenders body and then they call a foul on the defense. He's clearly the one initiating the contact and doing it with an unnatural basketball movement.

I don't think I've ever seen a college player actually get that call. Even the NBA is trying to get that out of the game because it just leads to free throws in situations where the offensive player isn't even trying to make an actual basketball play.
Yeah it was terrible officiating, but they were calling it both ways. At least it was fair calling it both ways... However, we really need to work on free throws. Our percentage was terrible.

OICU812

Looked like we had a pretty clear rebounding edge, especially on offensive end. Can't recall seeing Noi and Vlad on the floor together but would like to see them both out there with Hamdy down low. Both can shoot from 3 and Noi looks like he has a really good handle for his size. It looked like there was a LOT of congestion around the paint when we had the ball, the bigs shooting outside a bit more would open up the paint for everyone to have better driving opportunities. Looked like we were trying to force the action in the paint with low-percentage results.

ACroofrog

It was a heartbreaker to lose especially being up by 13 and at least appearing imo to be the better overall team. We didn’t lose because of the refs but they were for sure a factor 18 free throws for young is crazy. Most were probably real fouls but there were plenty of calls he got where the red clearly was anticipating a foul that never occurred. As others have said our senior leader has to know that’s not the shot we want at the end down just one that’s disappointing. However, to me the biggest play of the game was under a minute bane and Williams are defending young great and force an off balanced three and I believe Vlad and JD (haven’t watched replay could be wrong about personnel) ant come down with rebound. You have to get the board in that situation it was a killer. Certainly disappointed but we are a good team and hopefully we grow from this one. I thought the crowd was loud and did have an impact especially considering students were gone. I also thought Bane did a really good job on young the second half I know that sounds weird with what young put up numbers wise but he seemed to struggle shooting over bane in the second half a lot more then he did in first with mostly fish and Arob guarding him.

Trae Young is deadly with that deep 3, but other than that he doesn't bring a lot to the table. Doesn't play defense (as evidenced by the fact he had zero fouls) and went 9-23 from the field. Honestly one of the biggest ball hogs in recent memory and the refs bailed him out on errant passes most of the game. He threw a couple others that were destined for the bleachers.

Armadillo

God bless it, that was a horrible game to listen to. Those last 10 minutes were a heart breaker in the car. I can't comment more than that since I only listened, but that was a heart breaker.

Go Frogs. Let's get em next time.

Portland Frog

I’m confident this stings enough for the frogs to learn from it and work to not repeat the mistakes that contributed to the loss. Better FT shooting and getting back on defense more quickly is a start.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
We definitely made some mistakes, and that was garbage refereeing, but y'all saying we're overrated, I think you're smoking crack. Just my humble opinion.

I saw two legit, very-deserving-of-their-ranking teams that engaged in a dang shootout that the bad guys won. Is OU a one-man squad? Yep. But that doesn't make them any less legit than say the Iverson 76ers, or the Dirk Mavs. I think there may only be a small handful of teams in the nation that beat OU when Young goes off like that and gets help like he did from 20.

Tom Brown

We definitely made some mistakes, and that was garbage refereeing, but y'all saying we're overrated, I think you're smoking crack. Just my humble opinion.

I saw two legit, very-deserving-of-their-ranking teams that engaged in a dang shootout that the bad guys won. Is OU a one-man squad? Yep. But that doesn't make them any less legit than say the Iverson 76ers, or the Dirk Mavs. I think there may only be a small handful of teams in the nation that beat OU when Young goes off like that and gets help like he did from 20.

Bro, they really are not the 10th best team in the country.
I know youre taking it as a slight, but they are really about 15-18, currently.

PS i saw your bass player at the game.

Portland Frog

This. I’ve seen plenty of ranked teams (KU included) who look no better than the frogs. Frogs can hang and are legit. #nopurpleglasses