• The KillerFrogs

Hoops Thread: Frogs vs Sooners

Tom Brown

He got T'd up as a courtesy make-up call for the T on the OU bench.

My real question is did Jamie get T'd for vocalizing displeasure with Young's taunting of the crowd, or was he mad that ou received a make up call for young following OU's T.

I am of the opinion that Jamie was angling for the T as a strategy in working the refs.

froggolf65

Never seen so much whining from a player as I did today with Young. Good player, out of control at times, but constantly talking to refs. Ou is a much better team when he passes to open shooters rather than taking 30 ft shots.

The tacky foul calls were on an NBA move they had to address and stop giving to shooters because there is no other way to play defense.

PurpleBlood87

My only complaint with the officiating were the 2 or 3 calls they gave Young 40 feet from the basket when he's swinging his arms into the defenders body and then they call a foul on the defense. He's clearly the one initiating the contact and doing it with an unnatural basketball movement.

I don't think I've ever seen a college player actually get that call. Even the NBA is trying to get that out of the game because it just leads to free throws in situations where the offensive player isn't even trying to make an actual basketball play.

Exactly. Bane is guarding Young 25 feet from the basket. Bane has his arms up and Young grabs the ball and throws his hands up initiating contact and Bane gets called for the foul.

Last edited:

BAM Frog

Frog fans also need to learn how to cheer for basketball games and become a bigger factor. For a sellout, the arena was not very loud and a non-factor. In fact, we have had louder crowds in the past with less people. So our fans have some things to work on too.

No students in the normal Student Section did not help.

Tom Brown

No students in the normal Student Section did not help.

The holiday band was kinda listless too. Not the energy of replacement bands of the past. Honest question: do KU, Baylor, Villanova, etc, etc, have to get high school bands during christmas holidays? I know some schools pay their pep bands, do we?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
The holiday band was kinda listless too. Not the energy of replacement bands of the past. Honest question: do KU, Baylor, Villanova, etc, etc, have to get high school bands during christmas holidays? I know some schools pay their pep bands, do we?
We should have paid the Stanford Band to come play today.

netty2424

Trae Young is deadly with that deep 3, but other than that he doesn't bring a lot to the table. Doesn't play defense (as evidenced by the fact he had zero fouls) and went 9-23 from the field. Honestly one of the biggest ball hogs in recent memory and the refs bailed him out on errant passes most of the game. He threw a couple others that were destined for the bleachers.
Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif