• The KillerFrogs

Hoops Thread: Frogs vs Sooners

4th. down

I honestly don’t think you realize how good he is. That’s like saying nobody in the NBA scouts the warriors well because Curry goes off every night.

Well, he did score 39 points and his field goal % was 39%. It's his free throws and his great acting that one the game for them.

ACroofrog

Well, he did score 39 points and his field goal % was 39%. It's his free throws and his great acting that one the game for them.

I agree all things considered holding him to 9-23 shooting like Dixon said is really all you can hope for but as you point out it’s not just that he has that James Harden acting talent that gets him to the line a million times as well just a tough tough guy to face no getting around it.

Froggy Style

Is it possible that maybe our best point guard shoots 19% from three point land and 60% from the free throw line? He should be at 80% and should calculate his time to spend practicing free throws with his miss percentage (40%). It literally cost us the tourney last year and may do the same again this year.

Please Jaime, it was a farce last year and has gotten worse. Nothing more demoralizing to a team than a point guard who misses at the line. He should be banned from shooting threes until he makes 70% of FT's which would be a double win.

By the way, I really like the way he plays and is awesome at creating shots for he and his team...but damn.

This is dumb and clearly you didn’t see the game in person. He’s a game changer in all respects, and commands attention 30 ft away from the hoop from all 5 defenders. And he’s tops in the country in assists as well.

I was at the game and he never plays defense. He also throws a lot of errant passes. I agree we left some of his teammates wide open which allowed him to get assists, but there were also times he tried to 1v5 and kept the ball for the entire shotclock.

Purp

I rewatched the game this morning and am more encouraged than after watching live. Young didn't score in the first 10 minutes of the 2md half and was really affected by our D on him. He struggled passing and dribbling as well.

There's not much you can do when he shoots from the logo except position yourself for a long rebound (we need to do that better next time), but he was pretty well contained everywhere except from the free throw line.

We really had an off day offensively as well. Fish couldn't buy a basket, Vlad was fairly quiet, and JD was mostly a non-factor. I can see us winning in Norman. Tech was the only B12 team to win at home over the weekend so we really didn't lose much ground in the conference either.

Last edited: