• The KillerFrogs

Hoops Thread: Frogs vs Sooners

Hornedfrog431

We definitely are not overrated and I firmly believe we are a top 15 team. Take away Oklahomas 11-0 run to start the game and we absolutely dominated the whole game. It's unfortunate we fell on the wrong side of this one but we will be back.
Baylor is not very good. However it's tough to win on the road in the big12.

Tom Brown

We definitely are not overrated and I firmly believe we are a top 15 team. Take away Oklahomas 11-0 run to start the game and we absolutely dominated the whole game. It's unfortunate we fell on the wrong side of this one but we will be back.
Baylor is not very good. However it's tough to win on the road in the big12.
If we are a top 15 team then we are by definition overrated at 10. I think we beat BU and KU now.

Tom Brown

If we are a top 15 team then we are by definition overrated at 10. I think we beat BU and KU now.

In evaluation of yesterdays game, it took a transcendent player to beat us yesterday. That kid is great. Lecomte is good but not that good. KU is good but can be beaten anyday, same with WV.
Our conference is ripe with top 32, sweet 16, and elite 8 teams. I tbink we are sweet 16 level. But dont ask me who the big 12s elite 8 teams are. OU, WV, KU, dont know.

PO Frog

Trae Young is deadly with that deep 3, but other than that he doesn't bring a lot to the table. Doesn't play defense (as evidenced by the fact he had zero fouls) and went 9-23 from the field. Honestly one of the biggest ball hogs in recent memory and the refs bailed him out on errant passes most of the game. He threw a couple others that were destined for the bleachers.
This is dumb and clearly you didn’t see the game in person. He’s a game changer in all respects, and commands attention 30 ft away from the hoop from all 5 defenders. And he’s tops in the country in assists as well.

FrogLifeYo

I thought it was a little weird we didn't try and deny Young the ball a little more as we'll get a little more physical with him. He's a rare talent but at some point someone is going to challenge him physically and try and muscle him up some. I was hoping with our depth we might challenge him a little more. Either way it's awesome to play big games early in the season

ACroofrog

I thought it was a little weird we didn't try and deny Young the ball a little more as we'll get a little more physical with him. He's a rare talent but at some point someone is going to challenge him physically and try and muscle him up some. I was hoping with our depth we might challenge him a little more. Either way it's awesome to play big games early in the season

I’m not sure how you deny him the ball other then to full court press them and you would have to double him as no one we have really is able to deny him the ball in a press one on one because of his quickness. So then you are in a position where you are constantly being in a 4-3 situation every possession. I don’t know with players like him there is no good answer.

I do feel we tried to get physical with him but fish got three quick fouls doing that and Bane did it pretty decently but obviously young then had the quickness to drive to the basket when bane would get physical with him up top, I guess the answer there is our help defense needed to be better on his drives, but then you go back to how the refs were calling the game 18 free throws for young, so there just wasn’t an answer to be had really. Still we get that rebound off his miss with under a minute and we win even with young going crazy.

Tom Brown

I’m not sure how you deny him the ball other then to full court press them and you would have to double him as no one we have really is able to deny him the ball in a press one on one because of his quickness. So then you are in a position where you are constantly being in a 4-3 situation every possession. I don’t know with players like him there is no good answer.

I do feel we tried to get physical with him but fish got three quick fouls doing that and Bane did it pretty decently but obviously young then had the quickness to drive to the basket when bane would get physical with him up top, I guess the answer there is our help defense needed to be better on his drives, but then you go back to how the refs were calling the game 18 free throws for young, so there just wasn’t an answer to be had really. Still we get that rebound off his miss with under a minute and we win even with young going crazy.

You need Rondo or Bowen to guard him.

Pharm Frog

In high school the teams that had the most success against Young just hammered the hell out of him. “Help” defense consisted of planting him in the second row of the bleachers. When one or two issues went uncalled he had a tendency to start launching from 28’ and complaining more than playing.

PO Frog

He’s too quick to deny the ball. Have to have everyone back because he’s going to the bucket if there isn’t anyone inside the paint. But everyone is so busy playing help on the pick and roll game 30 feet from the basket, it leaves the bucket unattended. Like I said, game changer.

FrogLifeYo

We could have made it a little more difficult on him by picking up full court after makes and putting some length on him in the half court. Your not going to stop him but forcing the ball into someone else's hands is a good place to start. Easier said then done...I know. A 1-3-1 with Noi or JD at the top could potentially have given them some issues but JD is a man up kind of guy

4th. down

We could have made it a little more difficult on him by picking up full court after makes and putting some length on him in the half court. Your not going to stop him but forcing the ball into someone else's hands is a good place to start. Easier said then done...I know. A 1-3-1 with Noi or JD at the top could potentially have given them some issues but JD is a man up kind of guy

Something was not right. We either didn't do a good job of scouting them or in game or halftime adjustments. We are the better team, considerably actually, but we lost. 39 pts. he hangs on us as a freshman and we lose by 1.

PO Frog

Something was not right. We either didn't do a good job of scouting them or in game or halftime adjustments. We are the better team, considerably actually, but we lost. 39 pts. he hangs on us as a freshman and we lose by 1.
I honestly don’t think you realize how good he is. That’s like saying nobody in the NBA scouts the warriors well because Curry goes off every night.

TCURiggs

I honestly don’t think you realize how good he is. That’s like saying nobody in the NBA scouts the warriors well because Curry goes off every night.

Yeah, he's leading the country in PPG and APG and will be a top 5 pick in the draft. He's unreal.

Purp

Forgot to mention, but one of my favorite professors was sitting behind us at the game with his son. The Econ Department's Dr. Garnett. Had a great time catching up with him.

Latest posts