• The KillerFrogs

TCU defends warm-ups ahead of OU rematch

1fc7a84997.png

Are you saying there is anyone other than the lone sooner in yellow circle area? There was room for them to go around the area another team was warming up if they cared to.

No room to go anywhere else. Oh really?

MTfrog5

1fc7a84997.png

Are you saying there is anyone other than the lone sooner in yellow circle area? There was room for them to go around the area another team was warming up if they cared to.

And look at all those people in the white area. You want the TCU players to run over them? Trash ass program
Plus watch the drill. Guy at the top of the endzone is actually going. He’s also in the white so maybe the TCU players should have ran him over since he was in the middle of them running out.

netty2424

1fc7a84997.png

If you're circling an OU player, you've answered your own question. There was no room behind him.

Either way you're just like Baker, a complete piece of [ Finebaum ] thinking that fair play.

Purp

5 yards from the pylon would be 15 feet, which is a 21.2 foot hypotenuse. I think it was more than 5 yards, but whatever.

Do you accept 20-25 feet then? as opposed to the 5 foot corner the first TCU player takes?

It's been years since I've done geometry, but I didn't go to OU so I think I can give it a try.

If by "35 foot corner" you mean the length of the hypotenuse is 35' then you can't measure that distance knowing only the distance to the right angle from the hypotenuse. You also need either the degree of one of the other 2 angles or the length of one of the other two sides. In other words, you can't calculate the hypotenuse from my ~5 yard (I think I said "5 yards at most") estimate.

To answer your question more directly, however, 20 - 25 feet may be closer to reality, but it's still an overstatement IMO.

But it's still irrelevant. Every player in the video ran through in such a way as to leave ample space from the OU player on the sideline in the end zone and still respect the space of the OU warm-up area. It wouldn't matter if they were making a 35' corner; none of the TCU players in that line did anything to provoke Bakefield's behavior.

texasrobster1997

There was one OU player running high steps on the sidelines. They had room on the outside of him to go around. There weren't many people down there and plenty of room. I don't have any issue with the first TCU player who cut a small section across the end zone. He wasn't running across the area three guys, including Mayfield had been warming up.

I remember when the Chicago fans used to complain about Charles Barkley because he was a trash talker. It was ironic because Michael Jordan was well known to be one of the biggest trash talkers around. Reggie Miller's trash talking with Spike Lee that was caught on camera was epic, but they complained about the Hawks.

You don't like trash talking that's fine. Somehow that makes the person bad. That's' fine. I'm old, but I don't buy that.

And running through someone's warm up area would have any football player take offense.

Trying to harm? You think that is a reasonable assessment or are you using a large amount of hyperbole?
1fc7a84997.png

you are an idiot. There are several guys just to the left of your circle. How close were they supposed to get to your players?

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Quick follow up. I do have the video file, so if this goes up in smoke I'll repost it on our IG, Twitter, and YouTube.

Heck I might do that tomorrow anyways.

tcumaniac

I got sidetracked by my evening class, but one of my sources already put it back up and I see it’s making the rounds on Twitter. Edit: Thanks for posting Maniac.

My version is an iPhone recording the video on another iPhone, so I'm sure your file is likely better.

Moose Stuff

The only thing that matters to me here (I give zero scheisss about whether we were running through the right place) is that in three years I haven’t seen BM throw a pass that missed his “intended target” (OU player) by that much so the ONLY logical conclusion is that Niko Small WAS his target. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.