• The KillerFrogs

Ohio State Home and Home?

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
I wonder if this was truly an economical decision like CDC is claiming, or if this is a way to cover up the fact that we're scared to play Ohio State back to back years.

We all know we don't print money like some schools, so I can see where $5 mil talks. I am frustrated, but I get it. Gotta pay for the whole athletics dept.

I am curious, what does TCU make on a typical home game?

Shorty

CDC should have just added a $125 tax to our home tickets for that game if he wanted an extra 5 million. It's going to cost me more than that for the trip to Jerry World.

ScottPatrick

From OSU (in another thread also):

"The Dallas Cowboys and AT&T Stadium reached out to TCU about moving their 2018 home game with Ohio State to Arlington," deputy director of athletics Martin Jarmond said. "TCU contacted us and we are thrilled to return to a site that has such wonderful memories for all Buckeye fans."

Limey Frog

That's one way to spin it. Another is that we've all just been screwed out of a meaningful home non-conference game in 2018 and are hoping to goodness that the slot won't be filled by Pascal High. I'm sure we'd all rather leave that kind of debased scheduling behavior to Baylor. I prefer watching actual football in September, preferably on occasion at our own stadium.

AroundWorldFrog

From OSU (in another thread also):

"The Dallas Cowboys and AT&T Stadium reached out to TCU about moving their 2018 home game with Ohio State to Arlington," deputy director of athletics Martin Jarmond said. "TCU contacted us and we are thrilled to return to a site that has such wonderful memories for all Buckeye fans."
Nope, not believing fake news put out by OSU.

AroundWorldFrog

FOOTBALL SCHEDULE UPDATES
I know many of you are disappointed with the news that our home-and-home football series with Ohio State is now just one game at AT&T Stadium in Arlington in 2018. For a variety of factors, it was a mutual decision between us and Ohio State and in the best interests of both institutions. As a heads-up, this game will not be part of our season-ticket package that year.

Nope, not believing fake news put out by OSU.

It's clearly spin from there side. But the fact that this is a QUOTED official clearly saying they had nothing to do with it and only went along with it after TCU asked is bold and pretty black/white. TCU would have to clearly state the opposite for the quote to mean anything other than, "TCU took an offer from the Cowboys to do a single game for $5mm, and we obliged."

AroundWorldFrog

It's clearly spin from there side. But the fact that this is a QUOTED official clearly saying they had nothing to do with it and only went along with it after TCU asked is bold and pretty black/white. TCU would have to clearly state the opposite for the quote to mean anything other than, "TCU took an offer from the Cowboys to do a single game for $5mm, and we obliged."
" For a variety of factors, it was a mutual decision between us and Ohio State and in the best interests of both institutions "

I'll believe CDC over a former AD at OSU

Froginbedford

Scheduling games for a big pay day was pro forma at TCU in the 1960s-1980s era, with many years having more road games than home....especially 1978 with 7 a way ...which that year included a trip to Penn State ....Other bigley schools played on the road in that era were Notre Dame, Tennessee (2x, Alabama (2x ), Nebraska (2x ) Ohio State (2x) Southern Cal, Georgia, and Auburn....And not a win against any of them....

AroundWorldFrog

I think this decision was made with respect to factors that are beyond what we may understand about the athletic department and possibly OSU's intent. Sucks, but I'll still trust CDC to do what is right for TCU. He's done nothing but good for this school.

MAcFroggy

At least we know that CDC treats the AD as a business "enterprise". As fans we do not have to feel bad when we buy bowl tickets on stub hub, lower the number of season ticket purchases, lower donations, etc. We can always just say it was a business decision for me. TCU fans are maybe not large in number but they are loyal. Glad to know that our AD views it entirely as a business. Now I can do the same without being tugged by my heartstrings.