• The KillerFrogs

Ohio State Home and Home?

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
In 12 years they could be world beaters (sarcasm)

Glad you added the sarcasm. But we play them in two+ years. If that's the best team on our OOC schedule, we have a Baylor OOC schedule unless we drop the FCS team that year and play another OOC against a team with a pulse.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
This is a HUGE blow to the TCU season ticket holder.

For a season ticket that will likely increase in price, we are getting one less home game and having to shell out somewhere probably close to $150 per ticket for the damn game at cowboys stadium.

Exactly - this really pisses me off. To get lousy seats for that one game is half the cost of my season ticket for good seats at ACS. My return? A home game against Purdue in 2029? WOW - Thanks a lot!

Casey T

Sucks about tOSU. Was just in Columbus and it was a great time. Really hoping we replaced our 2019 FCS opponent with Purdue and add a big boy for that year. I would hate an OOC schedule of Purdue, SMU, & Southwestern Idaho State

ifrog

Hey Wexahu it looks like it is Urban Meyer who doesn't have a nut sack, not our Coach Patterson.

"According to Ohio State Deputy Director of Athletics Martin Jarmond, the Buckeyes were only comfortable with eliminating TCU from its 2019 slate because of the strength of its Big Ten schedule. Ohio State typically attempts to schedule at least one tentpole out of conference game each season, but now the Buckeyes’ highest profile non-conference opponent in two years will be Cincinnati."

Purdue? Do they still play football? Our best OOC game in 2019 is going to be Purdue? What are we, Baylor 2.0?

To be fair to Purdue they did just hire a really good head coach. I wouldn't underestimate Purdue.

But this does show how Purdue is owned and takes orders from Ohio State. Ohio State gets out by telling Purdue to fill in.

TCUdirtbag

Sucks, but at least TCU is cashing in i guess.

Much more irritated that Purdue is replacing the 2019 game.

Not that upset about the "huge hit to season ticket holders." We get OU, OSU, Tech at home next year so whatever.

tcumaniac

Hey Wexahu it looks like it is Urban Meyer who doesn't have a nut sack, not our Coach Patterson.

"According to Ohio State Deputy Director of Athletics Martin Jarmond, the Buckeyes were only comfortable with eliminating TCU from its 2019 slate because of the strength of its Big Ten schedule. Ohio State typically attempts to schedule at least one tentpole out of conference game each season, but now the Buckeyes’ highest profile non-conference opponent in two years will be Cincinnati."

I think this quote is out of context.

As much as i hate to admit it, it looks like we're the little pussies that initiatied this... how embarrassing.

“The Dallas Cowboys and AT&T Stadium reached out to TCU about moving their 2018 home game with Ohio State to Artlington,” Jarmond, recently named the Director of Athletics at Boston College, said in a statement. “TCU contacted us and we are thrilled to return to a site that has such a wonderful memories of all Buckeye fans.”

According to Ohio State Deputy Director of Athletics Martin Jarmond, the Buckeyes were only comfortable with eliminating TCU from its 2019 slate because of the strength of its Big Ten schedule. Ohio State typically attempts to schedule at least one tentpole out of conference game each season, but now the Buckeyes’ highest profile non-conference opponent in two years will be Cincinnati."

MAcFroggy

I think this quote is out of context.

As much as i hate to admit it, it looks like we're the little pussies that initiatied this... how embarrassing.

“The Dallas Cowboys and AT&T Stadium reached out to TCU about moving their 2018 home game with Ohio State to Artlington,” Jarmond, recently named the Director of Athletics at Boston College, said in a statement. “TCU contacted us and we are thrilled to return to a site that has such a wonderful memories of all Buckeye fans.”

According to Ohio State Deputy Director of Athletics Martin Jarmond, the Buckeyes were only comfortable with eliminating TCU from its 2019 slate because of the strength of its Big Ten schedule. Ohio State typically attempts to schedule at least one tentpole out of conference game each season, but now the Buckeyes’ highest profile non-conference opponent in two years will be Cincinnati."

Yeah, definitely looks like TCU is the one who wanted to play the single game at Jerry World. Just upsetting because CDC has been adamant about playing games at AGC.

tcumaniac

Yeah, definitely looks like TCU is the one who wanted to play the single game at Jerry World. Just upsetting because CDC has been adamant about playing games at AGC.

I wonder if this was truly an economical decision like CDC is claiming, or if this is a way to cover up the fact that we're scared to play Ohio State back to back years.