• The KillerFrogs

Ohio State Home and Home?

Frog-in-law1995

When the highest ranked team you beat is #15 Kansas State (at home), yes, you have very little margin for error, especially when the teams you are battling with for one of the four spots are either undefeated or have convincing road wins or OOC wins over a Top 10 team, not to mention CCG wins that were blowouts.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Not saying we deserved to make (though we did), just that it changed mindsets around here. Maybe.

Bizarro Frog

Not saying we deserved to make (though we did), just that it changed mindsets around here. Maybe.
We deserved it. They deserved it. Open the stupid thing up to 6 or 8 teams so you can get a real playoff with all the major conference champs in there. Please don't cry me a river about ruining the regular season by diluting it. You know what ruins the regular season? Losing 1 game by 3 points on the road and not making the playoffs.

AroundWorldFrog

Everyone gets to show with their checkbook next year whether they agree with this or not. That simple. The endless bashing of CDC on social media is just Bayloresque.

MAcFroggy

I assume this game was always scheduled for September 15, but I am not positive. It is unfortunately the same day as USC vs Texas in Austin. That game will probably be sucking up all of the drama that week, and will probably be hosting game day.

Anyway... I will attend this game because that is what I do. I will sit here and complain about this, but in the end I would rather watch my team play live than sit at home. 95% of us complaining will do the same thing, and that is why teams will continue to do this type of thing. College football fans are loyal to a fault.

I will say that I hate watching college football games at Jerry World. I have attended lots of college football games here. I have sat in the cheap seats. I have sat in the first level. I have sat in box seats. I have sat in club seats. I have gone for TCU games. I have gone for other school's games. It does not make a difference. It is just not a great place to watch college football.

I say this as a Dallas Cowboys season ticket holder. I actually think it is a GREAT place to watch a NFL game. JJ and the Cowboys do a good job with game presentation and ensuring Cowboys fans have fun, however, college football games here are just too bland and not that much fun at all. Hopefully, things have changed and college games have gotten more enjoyable because like most of us on here complaining, I will be attending.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Again you are implying things not said. I firmly believe JerryWorld was the driver in this situation and it has been publicly stated. I also firmly believe that CDC is telling the truth that he made the deal for the good of the enterprise. You think he is lying or at least withholding information despite both OSU and TCU saying otherwise.

You go right on ahead fluffing tOSU. For my part, I don't believe a word they say in this matter. tOSU is a Name Brand property and, as such, has pull far in excess of TCU. If they wanted to get out of a home and home, which they did, and substitute it for a Showcase Matchup, which they did, and ESPN did, and JerryWorld did, what do our wishes in the matter count? CDC's explanation makes perfect sense given those facts: he did the best he could with a [ Finebaum ]ty deal.

DeuceBoogieNights

I still dont see why OSU would want to get out of the deal. This is on TCU and Jerry until I see something otherwise. TCU wanted the money and they made it happen.

What motivation does OSU have? It doesnt matter if the lose. They still have a good chance to make CFP. TCU on the other hand....

Ron Swanson

When the highest ranked team you beat is #15 Kansas State (at home), yes, you have very little margin for error, especially when the teams you are battling with for one of the four spots are either undefeated or have convincing road wins or OOC wins over a Top 10 team, not to mention CCG wins that were blowouts.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)
What about when the team you're being compared with lost by 14 to a 7 loss team?

Zubaz

If they wanted to get out of a home and home, which they did
wikipedian_protester.jpg

CountryFrog

I still dont see why OSU would want to get out of the deal. This is on TCU and Jerry until I see something otherwise. TCU wanted the money and they made it happen.

What motivation does OSU have? It doesnt matter if the lose. They still have a good chance to make CFP. TCU on the other hand....

I'm sure Ohio St likes money too.

tcumaniac

100% agree. Until I see proof otherwise, it appears tcu sold out its fan base for $5 million.

All other excuses are just blind delusion and denial.