• The KillerFrogs

Ohio State Home and Home?

I think this decision was made with respect to factors that are beyond what we may understand about the athletic department and possibly OSU's intent. Sucks, but I'll still trust CDC to do what is right for TCU. He's done nothing but good for this school.

Agreed he is awesome, but he is far from perfect... Example: Have you ever heard of +4?

At least we know that CDC treats the AD as a business "enterprise". As fans we do not have to feel bad when we buy bowl tickets on stub hub, lower the number of season ticket purchases, lower donations, etc. We can always just say it was a business decision for me. TCU fans are maybe not large in number but they are loyal. Glad to know that our AD views it entirely as a business. Now I can do the same without being tugged by my heartstrings.

I think you are being sarcastic, but to be clear: TCU has never seemed to care about folks selling tickets on StubHub, nor folks buying fewer tickets.

ScottPatrick

It is so tough to get the big programs to AGC and this was going to be huge so I understand the disappointment. However there have been rumors for a long time that OSU was going to buy-out of the deal. Not sure if they were true but if so CDC made the best move he could possibly have made, if not true then $5 mill is not enough. He could raise that on a good Thursday night dinner.

Doubt we ever get the full story but on surface it really looks bad.

Ron Swanson

Or just stop scheduling them. Minnesota was fun. Just stop scheduling egomaniac teams that deserve to be lit on fire alive.
Why stop scheduling them? So we can avoid having to play huge opponents in games the whole CFB world talks about for months in advance in prime time at the biggest stadium in the world for $5MM pay days?

Oh the horror!!!!

I'd much rather have a home & home with Minnesota or Colorado /sarcasm

tcumaniac

I find it ironic that I started this thread this week.

I literally had no idea this would be announced this so soon. Was just thinking about it during season ticket renewal.

AroundWorldFrog

I get that these kind of suck for the TCU season ticket holder, and I certainly don't want them all the time, but games like this against marquee opponents are good for our brand and are also exciting.

Definitely not worth bitching about for hours on twitter or a message board.
Personally, I'm also guessing recruits will flip about this.

Wait, bad wording. Recruits will really, really like going to AT&T Stadium.

ifrog

It's somewhat disappointing because I wanted to experience the atmosphere in Columbus while pulling for my Frogs. But on the bright side who ever thought that TCU would have the opportunity to play Ohio State 5-10 years ago? TCU just landed one of the nations top recruited QBs in Robinson. Let that sink in. A kid that decided to stay close to home now has an opportunity to play against an elite program in his back yard. And those of us that live here will get to drive 20 minutes to see that game. Perspective.

Last edited:

tcumaniac

LOL. Seriously?

It's either that or that we're willing to throw our fans under the bus for $5million.

I know we're used to being the big bad horned frogs that will face anyone, anytime, any place. But maybe Patterson said "hey. Winning the big 12 and getting to the CFP is hard enough. We don't need to be facing Urban Meyer two years in a row if we don't have to."

TCURiggs

More upset that our season tickets just lost value more than anything. Really stinks that the game isn't included, even if it's not a great seat.

This is my only real hangup. We lose a HUGE home game and now will have to shell out another $200-$300/per minimum (if you plan on parking/tailgating) to go to this "neutral site" game where we're going to be outnumbered 3 to 1. The game will be fun, and likely a highly touted event that weekend, but this move hurt season ticket holders' pockets. CDC says it's "good for the enterprise," but it's at the expense of those who support the enterprise the most.

Having said all of that, I'm not going to witch to CDC about it on Twitter. Chalk it up to "big business."

TCURiggs

It's either that or that we're willing to throw our fans under the bus for $5million.

I know we're used to being the big bad horned frogs that will face anyone, anytime, any place. But maybe Patterson said "hey. Winning the big 12 and getting to the CFP is hard enough. We don't need to be facing Urban Meyer two years in a row if we don't have to."

It's definitely the former. Welcome to big time athletics.

MTfrog5

This is what's wrong with college football. I was on TCU side about fans buying through TCU for bowl games to make TCU look better but screw that because it's a "business" for fans too. Let's say we make the playoffs that year. We spend $300 bucks at Jerry world and then they expect us to go the the semi finals and championship games? Give me a break it's a business. What a load of crap

Wexahu

Hey Wexahu it looks like it is Urban Meyer who doesn't have a nut sack, not our Coach Patterson.

"According to Ohio State Deputy Director of Athletics Martin Jarmond, the Buckeyes were only comfortable with eliminating TCU from its 2019 slate because of the strength of its Big Ten schedule. Ohio State typically attempts to schedule at least one tentpole out of conference game each season, but now the Buckeyes’ highest profile non-conference opponent in two years will be Cincinnati."

Really?

As I was saying, this thing was a mutual agreement. If you think our coaches and admin were begging and super excited to play OSU two years in a row I think you're nuts.

I hope we don't play Purdue, SMU and an FCS team in 2019. That'd be embarrassing. But don't be shocked if it happens.