• The KillerFrogs

Zack Allen was the best QB today

Gunner

Must have hit 80 % but his walk on receivers  were dropping passes left and right.  Boykin did his usual and Matthews threw 2 intercepts.  Allen showed he is nimble, can slip tacklers, and can be very accurate on the run.  He would have had 2 TD drives but for misses and what appeared a bad ref call where he ? ran across line of scrimmage?  Matthews did display a very strong arm on long sideline passes and completed a couple good throws while on the run.

Allen is real fast and makes good judgements.  They played him with walk on's and with 3rd and 4th teamers, but he made it work anyway.  He was going against 2nd and 3rd defenses, but  seemed relaxed and confident.  Think he surprised some coaches today.  GP didn't give him any compliments which surprised me. He might be a gamer. 

Been posting all year, better not under rate Allen.  He was hell on wheels in hi school.

Boykin had a sack today when there was no pass rush and he exited the pocket anyway, getting a 15 yard loss.  Another time he dropped a snap right in his hands and rushed his pass which was intercepted.  He did throw a bomb on the money, which normally is his weak link.  Listenbee dropped it right in his hands.  Normally sidearm passers cannot hit the deep routes, because they cannot drop the ball right over the defender's head. 

QB's were put at a disadvantage all day, never got out one formation.  Boykin has been catching punts and did again today in the scrimmage.  Tells me, he is not in the plans at QB.  But watch for Allen, he got somebody's attention today.

TCURiggs

chris-morris-jumps-out-window-o.gif

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I thought Colby flung it around really well, just didn't have anyone who could catch it.

Give me the walk-on over all of them.

(Ok not serious but thought the kid looked good when had a chance, good revolution and speed on his ball)

asleep003

TronCarter said:
Sprint passer
Pocket darter
Shifty whitey

Relatives to Sprint Darter ..?..  by the way, who was that dropping the Sprint Darter thingy anyway..?.. and forgot who it was actually being attributed to also. 

Cheers !

SnoSki

Bloated Frog said:
Gunner you have lost it....and boykin has actually thrown the deep ball very well.

He hit Listenbee in the hands today, in stride on about a 40 yard TD pass... had Listenbee caught it

ReedFrawg

SnoSki said:

He hit Listenbee in the hands today, in stride on about a 40 yard TD pass... had Listenbee caught it
Ya I saw it...beautiful ball. I believe boykin has thrown several quality deep balls the last couple seasons. Wish we could put him at WR but he is the best option at qb right now.

Limp Lizard

A quick referenced review.  Matthew reminded me of Pachall, Allen reminded me of Manziel and Boykin reminded me of Boykin.  I thought both Matthew and Allen were more accurate.
And on topic than Trevone,
Also, wonder how many positions/techniques Fields is going to take.  Byron Henderson is an impressive specimen,,,he actually looked bigger than Fields to from the stands.  Hopefully he can play as well, pound-for-pound.  And I sure want to see Boyd in there in specially designed plays.

Latest posts